Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most damaging coach for Team Melli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
    How can so many people vote for CQ in this poll?
    I'm sure some (or at least one) of them suffer from discalculia.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
      How can so many people vote for CQ in this poll?
      There's only 1 left to vote from the "Team mellie maneeeee" crew. I think they were all online as I posted this poll so it was probably just coincidence. One may or may not be related to a former assistant of TM under a previous coach, after that I can't imagine anyone else would vote for him unless they suffer from some kind of neurodegenerative condition.

There's no big surprise that a few would vote for CQ given the extent of vitriol and lies posted against our most recent coach, together with the constant use of fake stats.

Interesting given the anger towards Ghotbi on here that he hasn't had many votes

Comment

If you base it off the state of the team once they left..

Its got to be Branko.

Besides him thinking a 37 yr old Daei could do anything against a prime Rafa Marquez at Barcelona in the World Cup. He lost us a generation of decent forwards and defenders with his insistence on the same 11 everygame.

His whole flight and refusal to return to Iran gave IFF free reign to paint foreigners in a bad light and led to Ghalenoei. So absolutely awful.

I'm fairly certain outside IFF incompetence Iran is in a good place TM wise rn. CQ oversaw a generational shift, gave our team a taste of success at 2 back to back WCs. I'd dare say our team could qualify this time easily just off of that.

The dark ages of Iranian football were from 2007-2012. So that tells you something about who might have caused it.

I cant hate on Ghotbi as much because he got the worst of it playerwise and almost got us to the WC. This also during a time when no one cared about football because important protests vs Ahmaghinejad were taking place

Comment

Branko who is/was like a silent fart that made everyone suffer even long after he had left as TM coach.
          If not for all the hashiyeh he helped create then many of the others on the list would take 1st place. Ghalenoi, Ghotbi and even Mayeli Kohan.

Comment

Anyone who says Carlos Queiroz is the most damaging coach to TM actually has an IQ below 100 and needs to go to a special needs class.

Sure, an argument could be made against the style of play he employed, and it can be suggested that Iran was not able to get the best results that it could due to his constant underdog mentality and lack of an attacking game plan. You can make many arguments against the RESULTS that he got with Iran. I personally think that he did well with Iran but I can totally understand where people who were unhappy with his results are coming from.

HOWEVER, there is no way anyone can logically say that he damaged the team long-term. We are left with a great core group of players who are for the most part developing very well in Europe and are relatively young. We could realistically take the same core group with the addition of youngsters to World Cup 2022 and improve on our performance from 2018. We also have amazing infrastructure set up for training thanks to Queiroz, and the attitude instilled in the young crop of players that they should go to Europe to help their development. It is indisputable that this was all pretty much facilitated by CQ himself. So I don't at all see how we are worse off now than when he joined us. Let me also add that he has raised the bar pretty high for the standard of coach that should be at team melli and Taj is working to at minimum get a coach that is of a higher level than coaches like Branko and Schafer.

Compare that to how our team shaped up after Branko left. We had an old squad with no real core and all the younger players were wasted. He did nothing for our national team long-term.

Comment

Branko had done so much damage to our Team Melli with our best generation that even Guardiola or Klopp couldn't have qualified us for the 2010 world cup. He had severly damaged the spirit of Team Melli.

Now whoever will be our coach this time, we will qualify for the 2022 world cup easily, because Carlos Queiroz has left a solid foundation for us to build on, the man is a football genius.

Comment

Why do you guys do this? Why do like to bash everyone. What’s the point of discussing the worst coach. These coaches wanted to do their best. Some managed to do good and some didn’t. Stop this witch hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Footyball View Post
                  Why do you guys do this? Why do like to bash everyone. What’s the point of discussing the worst coach. These coaches wanted to do their best. Some managed to do good and some didn’t. Stop this witch hunt.
                  Interesting that you didn't say anything in the "What were the biggest flaws of CQ as team melli coach?" thread.

I have a feeling you are being a little disingenuous here, and find this more "interesting" than you say...

Originally posted by Footyball
                  Intresting to follow the hate between pp-lovers and CQ-lovers now.
                  Bad move haha the CQ-lovers will execute you in this forum.
                  I've got a feeling you might be a secondary account with this obviously semi-sarcastic post in the context of your other posts:

if TM loose in Asian championship its not Carlos fault, it will never be, its only Iranian medias fault for all the bad results!

Comment

Whoever is behind the Footyball handle, you kinda made it too obvious:

Next time, take better care..

Good work overall though, I doff my hat to you.

Comment

LOOOL my IQ just lowered a good 30 points for clicking on this thread. Thank god I did not read any of the posts. The answer is very easy actually if we look at it statistically. The person who started this thread is not the sharpest tool in the shed or the tool box or even the tool belt otherwise would have known that this will only embarrass his own coach. Over all the question is stupid since once a coach is gone he is gone and no more influence on Iranian football and their record is shown by their results, but if we look at it statistically undoubtedly the guy who coached the longest and won nothing has done the most damage. Easy math really. You don't need to be a genius.

WARNED!

DO NOT INSULT OUR MEMBERS!
                      Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 04-10-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Branko was easily the worst. He had the most talented Iranian team at his disposal (5 of which who were regulars in Bundesliga at some point in their careers) along with more talent. Failed to do anything meaningful at 2006 WC and damaged the morale once he left and put TM behind 8 years until CQ arrived and cleaned up his mess

Comment

So far more than 50% consider the Angolan tire the most damaging coach for TM.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Immediate - Talebi. Ivic should have been allowed to finish his work.

Long term - Pourheidari and Ghalenoi.

Comment

Branko. Without Hashemian's comeback, Iran wouldn't have reached the final round in the 2006 WCQ.

Comment

100% Ghotbi for not calling up Dejagah, Ghoochannejhad, Beitashour etc when they were much younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X