This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    We need someone with previous experience with national teams from Asia and Africa. The likes of Montella would poop in their pants the first time some mullah tries to ban his key players for praying with too little motivation or Burundi cancel their friendly with us 2 hours prior to kickoff because there was a coup etat back home.

I usually respect your opinions MR but on this one I believe you're as wrong as so many users I'm seeing on this forum in recent weeks, repeating the same nonsense about "international experience".

Coaching a club or international side... it's the same damn game! I mean, for gods sake. Look at successful national team manager in recent times. Which national teams were the likes of Lowe, Deschamps, Lippi, Rehhagel, etc managing before they won international tournaments? Not to mention all of the international managers that have done a good job for top nations having never managed internationally in the last few decades.

Anyway, so many comments on this and the CQ Columbia rumour thread - where incidentally about 6 weeks ago I stated my belief that CQ's would be leaving us and suggested a handful of names including Montella - have been a breeding ground for demonstrating a naivety and denial of actual footballing knowledge.

So many people buried their heads in the sand about the CQ situation on that thread; "he wont leave", "he can take us further", "he'll stay if he wins the asian cup" and now this thread... "we need an experience international manager", "who is Montella"... I'm sitting here like wtf am I reading?

There are a lot of users of this forum who are detached from the brutal reality about the quality of our players, our league and youth develop and most importantly the cachet, or lack thereof, the position of TM manager carries in footballing circles. To us, it's huge. But we're a 2nd rate international team at best with relatively unknown players, few of whom have made a dent on the world stage, in a top league or competition.

For the record, I think CQ did all that he could with this team, under the rule of this federation, within this government.

Am I saying Montella or the other names I mentioned can do more? Maybe, maybe not. It's kind of hard to follow in the shoes of someone who has so much love from TM fans. Even if he repeats his win %, people will find fault in him.

I still would rather see us negotiating with calibre of coach that the likes of Fiorentina, Milan and Sevilla (4th best team in arguably the best league in the world) are choosing to employ. Who are we to turn our nose up at him and to ask for the likes of Herve Renard and Zico (who never managed internationally before Japan, mind you) instead... haha... laughable.

And don't for a second believe these reports that we've been negotiating with Zidane and Mourinho... unless negotiating extends to those individuals agent abruptly saying "not interested".

As i said when I mentioned Montella all those weeks ago. We need someone younger, someone who can redefine how we play, someone with a modern philosophy, someone who has the fight to want to build this team not just for Qatar 2022 but beyond. Now is the time to take a chance on someone who will do something different rather than being like the Koreas, Japans and Australias of this world and hiring a by the number, career international coach of foreign descent that does nothing for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
      I usually respect your opinions MR but on this one I believe you're as wrong as so many users I'm seeing on this forum in recent weeks, repeating the same nonsense about "international experience".
      Coaching a club or international side... it's the same damn game! I mean, for gods sake. Look at successful national team manager in recent times. Which national teams were the likes of Lowe, Deschamps, Lippi, Rehhagel, etc managing before they won international tournaments? Not to mention all of the international managers that have done a good job for top nations having never managed internationally in the last few decades.
      Anyway, so many comments on this and the CQ Columbia rumour thread - where incidentally about 6 weeks ago I stated my belief that CQ's would be leaving us and suggested a handful of names including Montella - have been a breeding ground for demonstrating a naivety and denial of actual footballing knowledge.
      So many people buried their heads in the sand about the CQ situation on that thread; "he wont leave", "he can take us further", "he'll stay if he wins the asian cup" and now this thread... "we need an experience international manager", "who is Montella"... I'm sitting here like wtf am I reading?
      There are a lot of users of this forum who are detached from the brutal reality about the quality of our players, our league and youth develop and most importantly the cachet, or lack thereof, the position of TM manager carries in footballing circles. To us, it's huge. But we're a 2nd rate international team at best with relatively unknown players, few of whom have made a dent on the world stage, in a top league or competition.
      For the record, I think CQ did all that he could with this team, under the rule of this federation, within this government.
      Am I saying Montella or the other names I mentioned can do more? Maybe, maybe not. It's kind of hard to follow in the shoes of someone who has so much love from TM fans. Even if he repeats his win %, people will find fault in him.
      I still would rather see us negotiating with calibre of coach that the likes of Fiorentina, Milan and Sevilla (4th best team in arguably the best league in the world) are choosing to employ. Who are we to turn our nose up at him and to ask for the likes of Herve Renard and Zico (who never managed internationally before Japan, mind you) instead... haha... laughable.
      And don't for a second believe these reports that we've been negotiating with Zidane and Mourinho... unless negotiating extends to those individuals agent abruptly saying "not interested".
      As i said when I mentioned Montella all those weeks ago. We need someone younger, someone who can redefine how we play, someone with a modern philosophy, someone who has the fight to want to build this team not just for Qatar 2022 but beyond. Now is the time to take a chance on someone who will do something different rather than being like the Koreas, Japans and Australias of this world and hiring a by the number, career international coach of foreign descent that does nothing for them.
      Excellent post and I agree with everything you say. But I think you took MR jans post out of context.

Hes implying that coaches that have coached in Africa or Asia are accustomed to unprofessional environments that mirror what its like working for the IFF in Iran. Montella would be a great candidate but he has never had to deal with the BS that TM coaches have to deal with. Coaches that have never had to work in the cluster F's of the footballing world would have a hard time or would not be able to adjust to the unique challenges that coaching TM brings.

Also the members who are saying Zidane and Murhino are delusional. They are either living outside of Iran and have not been back there for anything other than to visit family, so they don,t know whats its really like to live and work there. Or they have never been outside of Iran so they cant comprehend how difficult it is for someone not accustomed to the rules of the IR, lack of infrastructure and corruption to just come in and thrive. Its like zidane or murhino at the height of their coaching careers are dying to give up their luxurious lives working with the best of the best, with world class technology infastructure etc to come and work in Iran where you cant get a decent kit sponsor or celebrate a win with a beer.

Comment

My pick would be Jorge Jesus, a highly experienced coach and his teams play very attractive attacking football. He has recently left alhilal and seems to be available for negotiation.
        140564_heroa.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
          We were, from 2014-2018 we restudied how to park the bus. But what is even worst is we failed again in the final exam.
          Mayeli kohan’s Agent is back. Hopefully you’re slowly getting on the enlightened path. For us to get a decent coach, we Will have to overpay in a bigly way
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Him.

Comment

Originally posted by imanmobali23 View Post
              My pick would be Jorge Jesus, a highly experienced coach and his teams play very attractive attacking football. He has recently left alhilal and seems to be available for negotiation.
              [ATTACH]18467[/ATTACH]
              Doesn't have any national team experience.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                Mayeli kohan’s Agent is back. Hopefully you’re slowly getting on the enlightened path. For us to get a decent coach, we Will have to overpay in a bigly way
                I think you misunderstood my post about Mayeli Kohan. If we step away from "name brands" and do our work and look for meaningful qualities we can find more than a decent coach. But unfortunately we are after names who have once trained big teams. Also we are gharibe parast, we have plenty of great Iranian coaches but undoubtedly they are less than foreign coaches (not).

Comment

khoda shokr reject kard..
                  World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                  sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                  If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                    khoda shokr reject kard..
                    Why ? Fekr mikoni ki miad lol

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                      I think you misunderstood my post about Mayeli Kohan. If we step away from "name brands" and do our work and look for meaningful qualities we can find more than a decent coach. But unfortunately we are after names who have once trained big teams. Also we are gharibe parast, we have plenty of great Iranian coaches but undoubtedly they are less than foreign coaches (not).
                      Tooleh K jan,
                      I disagree with the kharejee parast part, it's got nothing to do with that. We need a foreign coach who is connected, confident on the international scene.

We might have competent vatani coaches as u say but they were raised in a dysfunctional system, not geared up to face today's ferocious world of football.

We can't expect to hold our own up against professionals with sarfejui.This is a case where our vatan pride will lead to nowhere.
                      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

How about Ali Reza Mansourian, or even Mahdavikia. Mansourian loves his players and cares for them, and he has an eye for talent. Mahdavikia has a solid record of working with youth players, and developing them. we need new blood for WC22. Thus they could be good choices to consider. Tho Mahdavikia has football commitments in Germany and might not be 100% available for Team Melli.
                        A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
                          How about Ali Reza Mansourian, or even Mahdavikia. Mansourian loves his players and cares for them, and he has an eye for talent. Mahdavikia has a solid record of working with youth players, and developing them. we need new blood for WC22. Thus they could be good choices to consider. Tho Mahdavikia has football commitments in Germany and might not be 100% available for Team Melli.
                          Mahdavikia is a good choice, don't think he is lining up to take the job though, he's too pro and, knows he doesn't have all the elements on his side to help the situation. He's a builder, serious man, won't get dragged into other people's b.s.

Mansourian seems like a warm, caring coach, not sure he has helpful international contacts.
                          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                            Mahdavikia is a good choice, don't think he is lining up to take the job though, he's too pro and, knows he doesn't have all the elements on his side to help the situation. He's a builder, serious man, won't get dragged into other people's b.s.

Mansourian seems like a warm, caring coach, not sure he has helpful international contacts.
                            of all the Iranian coaches, Mahdavikia is the one I admire most. not political, does not take bs, v pro and has lots of passion. First watched him play in the 1998 WC and have been following him on and off since then.
                            A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Hire Lothar Matthaeus! He was last in charge of Bulgaria in 2011.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Matth%C3%A4us
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                                Hire Lothar Matthaeus! He was last in charge of Bulgaria in 2011.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Matth%C3%A4us
                                Are you serious? LOLL!

Comment

Working...
                                X