Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ Resigns During Press Conference (Thank You CQ Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vatanparast View Post
    So what. We played much better and gave nigeria, morocco, portugal, argentina and spain a tough time. We lost 1-0 to yogoslavia beat usa 2-1, lost to germany 2-0. Thats two goals. In 2014 we scored one goal. In 2018 we scored 2 goals but had 4 points and we lost so spain by a lucky goal. Had a goal disallowed against them. Lost to messi and co by one goal, no pk given to Iran. This wc we took it to portugal. Cristiano was telling his teammates to waste time. Lol. You may not like the style we played but we were in every wc match except bosnia.
    No we did not. 98 was clearly our best performance in the world cup albeit we got the best results in 2018. 2014 was the worst performance for Iran ever.

Comment

CQ was and will remain the best coach in our history.

Thank you for all you have done for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        No we did not. 98 was clearly our best performance in the world cup albeit we got the best results in 2018. 2014 was the worst performance for Iran ever.
        No it wasn't. We played much better in 2018. We were completely outplayed by Germany in 1998 and apart from some Dinmohammadi runs, didn't offer anything. The Yugoslavia game we had such bad positioning shown by the players throughout the game. The USA was good though. In 2018 we played badly for the first 20 minutes against Morocco but apart from that we executed the games perfectly and had a shape which not even well-drilled club teams have.

You have very, VERY rosy tinted glasses if you think we played better in 2006 compared to 2014. The only disappointing game in 2014 was Bosnia, we were completely a mess for Mexico, Portugal and Angola - it was total amateur play all three. I watched every single last one of Iran's world cup games in the stadium for the last four outings and screamed my lungs out for the Angola game when TM Fans were leaving the stadium, it's not even a debate for me which was our worst world cup by a long way.

Absolute BS with a typical undercurrent...

Comment

2006 was the worst world cup performance ever.

1) Worst tactics ever vs Mexico. A useless striker past his best days essentially playing with 10men against a Mexico side far superior to the one they have now. A meltdown of epic proportions in the second half. Mind you, second half meltdowns were common under management at this time.

2) Portugal. Same issue. Camp divided. Worst striker in the history of TM(Rasoul Khatibi) being the choice of our lovely coach in that game. Missed a chance that genazeyeh Khomeini would have scored.

3) Angola. It's Angola. Some African communist state that had no business being in the World cup. And they scored first on us. Terribly embarassing.

After 2006, was the only time in our world cup history where pundits truly believed we only "make up the numbers at the world cup".

In '78 we were one of 16 teams. In 98 we beat a US side and held Yugoslavia to the sword. In 2014. We tied the African champions and held Argentina sans Messi. In 2018, we beat Morocco and basically ruined the world cups of Spain/Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            2006 was the worst world cup performance ever. .
            Clearly it wasn't for Tooleh Khers.

Namak Nashnas, his rosy-tinted view of our history and digs at the current coach are more subtle, though no less meaningful than NFL or Paas.

Comment

Tooleh Khers,

I was completely crushed after 2006 world cup. It was the most embarrassing performance I have ever seen TM play

After 2014 world cup, I was so proud of the boys - I had never seen a TM as disciplined as that. They were exhausted against Bosnia and performed badly, but every single last pundit and reporter I met were waxing lyrical about how well-drilled the team played.

Now for you to say that 2014 was worse than 2006 is at best disingenuous, at worst just flat out lying for your beloved narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                2006 was the worst world cup performance ever.
                1) Worst tactics ever vs Mexico. A useless striker past his best days essentially playing with 10men against a Mexico side far superior to the one they have now. A meltdown of epic proportions in the second half. Mind you, second half meltdowns were common under management at this time.
                2) Portugal. Same issue. Camp divided. Worst striker in the history of TM(Rasoul Khatibi) being the choice of our lovely coach in that game. Missed a chance that genazeyeh Khomeini would have scored.
                3) Angola. It's Angola. Some African communist state that had no business being in the World cup. And they scored first on us. Terribly embarassing.
                After 2006, was the only time in our world cup history where pundits truly believed we only "make up the numbers at the world cup".
                In '78 we were one of 16 teams. In 98 we beat a US side and held Yugoslavia to the sword. In 2014. We tied the African champions and held Argentina sans Messi. In 2018, we beat Morocco and basically ruined the world cups of Spain/Portugal.
                I disagree.
                We held mexico for 60-70 minutes. tied the game after falling behind. Scored in open play twice (something we did just once in 2014 and 0 times in 2018). Were grouped with teams that went farther in the tournament. The meltdown yesterday was epic against mexico it was Mirzapoor miss kicking the ball. Against Nigeria we put up one of the worst performances by any team (including Zair) just kicking under the ball, had the lowest number of passes of any team in history with 11 yes 11 passes in the first half. We had 0 shots on net in 9-10 out of the 12 halfs played in 2018 and 2014. Absolutely deplorable stats. But you probably think it was good because you expected us to lose 12-0 against Argentina so losing by only 1 goal is cause for celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  Idk if this was mentioned already or not, but Herve Renard was in the stadium watching the Iran v Japan game. Hopefully there’s more to him being there and not a coincidence
                  Read this: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2623216

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Tooleh Khers,

I was completely crushed after 2006 world cup. It was the most embarrassing performance I have ever seen TM play

After 2014 world cup, I was so proud of the boys - I had never seen a TM as disciplined as that. They were exhausted against Bosnia and performed badly, but every single last pundit and reporter I met were waxing lyrical about how well-drilled the team played.

Now for you to say that 2014 was worse than 2006 is at best disingenuous, at worst just flat out lying for your beloved narrative.
                    read my reply to perspolis

Comment

I disagree.
                      We held mexico for 60-70 minutes. tied the game after falling behind. Scored in open play twice (something we did just once in 2014 and 0 times in 2018). Were grouped with teams that went farther in the tournament. The meltdown yesterday was epic against mexico it was Mirzapoor miss kicking the ball. Against Nigeria we put up one of the worst performances by any team (including Zair) just kicking under the ball, had the lowest number of passes of any team in history with 11 yes 11 passes. We had 0 shots on net in 9-10 out of the 12 halfs played in 2018 and 2014. Absolutely deplorable stats. But you probably think it was good because you expected us to lose 12-0 against Argentina so losing by only 1 goal is cause for celebration.

Absolute rubbish, Mexico were outplaying us and we had no shape whatsoever.

And as for passes, is this another one of your stats like your crappy Branko vs CQ lies statistic? We had 192 passes in the game, not 11.

Can you ever stop making things up, FFS, for once in your life?

Do you appreciate the importance of a team's shape, discipline, fitness?

Comment

khasteh shodam az een jafangparooni

A guy who kept posting that absolutely bullshit stat about CQ vs Branko which didn't factor in the 10 official and 4 unofficial games when he was the FULL NATIONAL TEAM COACH (No, not Under-23, FULL however much you want to spin a squad which was without an injured Mahdavikia but was otherwise the full national team of 2003) which puts Branko's stats below Ghotbi and MK, let alone CQ.

It's like arguing against someone who just is trolling in a snake-like, subtle way. Now go post your fake stat again for the hundredth time whilst cleverly saying "I appreciate and thank"...

I'm tired of this.

Comment

khasteh shodam az een jafangparooni

A guy who kept posting that absolutely bullshit stat about CQ vs Branko which didn't factor in the 10 official and 4 unofficial games when he was the FULL NATIONAL TEAM COACH (No, not Under-23, FULL however much you want to spin a squad which was without an injured Mahdavikia but was otherwise the full national team of 2003) which puts Branko's stats below Ghotbi and MK, let alone CQ.

It's like arguing against someone who just is trolling in a snake-like, subtle way. Now go post your fake stat again for the hundredth time whilst cleverly saying "I appreciate and thank"...

I'm tired of this.
                          How difficult it is to understand he was appointed as head coach in 2003? This is not even about Branko. The stats were correct and you were shown time and time again. They are also available online. Do the same thing you did before just start counting from 2003. Even if you like count his time as u23 coach as well you will still see CQ was not the best coach ever according to stats at least. Boos.

Comment

How difficult it is to understand he was appointed as head coach in 2003? This is not even about Branko. The stats were correct and you were shown time and time again. They are also available online. Do the same thing you did before just start counting from 2003. Even if you like count his time as u23 coach as well you will still see CQ was not the best coach ever according to stats at least. Boos.
                            Yes, I'm talking about 2003, Mr "Only stats matter, I am an engineer". How many times do you want me to say 2003?

If you include those 10 official and 4 unofficial full national team games, no not the U23 but the full national team games when he was the head coach of iran's national football team BEFORE the Asian Games at the end of 2003,

Branko had 4 wins (8 draws and 2 losses) from 14 games in his first stint as head coach in 2003 and 28 wins (7 draws and 7 losses) from 42 games in his second stint. This gives him a win percentage of 57.14% (32 out of 56 games) which puts him in between Ranjbar and Szuzs and >2.5% below Queiroz, who has 60 wins (27 draws, 13 losses) out of 100 games giving a win percentage of 60%.

Please just tell me once, how is this so hard to understand?

Comment

Branko's squads in 2003 for the official national team games weren't even U23 squads but the full national team missing the injured players:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...IAN-CUP/page37

YES, he then became officially the U23 coach after for the Asian Games at the end of the year, but the fact remains that he was officially the full coach for the 10 official, 4 unofficial FIFA games before that

Your statistics MISS THOSE OUT

Comment

Yes, I'm talking about 2003, Mr "Only stats matter, I am an engineer". How many times do you want me to say 2003?

If you include those 10 official and 4 unofficial full national team games, no not the U23 but the full national team games when he was the head coach of iran's national football team BEFORE the Asian Games at the end of 2003,

Branko had 4 wins (8 draws and 2 losses) from 14 games in his first stint as head coach in 2003 and 28 wins (7 draws and 7 losses) from 42 games in his second stint. This gives him a win percentage of 57.14% (32 out of 56 games) which puts him in between Ranjbar and Szuzs and >2.5% below Queiroz, who has 60 wins (27 draws, 13 losses) out of 100 games giving a win percentage of 60%.

Please just tell me once, how is this so hard to understand?
                                The correct stats have been posted already. Nothing to discuss any further. Those stats were explained to you by the person who posted them. There were two sets of stats. One was achievements and one was wins and percentage. If it makes you feel better Cq was the best. Boos.

Comment

Working...
                                X