This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    This is where you're wrong on multiple fronts. Aside from the many long-term changes (be it fighting for training pitches to a meritocratic environment, to getting our foreign born-and-raised players into the system) he instituted which made the future of our football more healthy....

Queiroz, in his two stints as assistant manager at Man United (to all intents and purposes, he lead training and defined how Man United played as per Sir Alex's biography himself), promulgated an open attacking play which brought the best out of certain very famous players. Do you think he doesn't know how to adapt his philosophy to the tools he has?

When he arrived in Iran, he assessed the situation and put an end to the deimi football we have been playing for the last few decades which relies on individual brilliance. He saw that the first framework he needs to institute is a disciplined spine in the team. I didn't actually think this would be possible for TM. Now, you may not like what you describe as a defensive approach, but I do, and a lot of football pundits do. See, football isn't just moments of attacking wonder, the shape of the team is very important too both in defence and attack. I personally enjoyed sitting in the stadium watching the team move as one like an absolute phalanx much more than seeing a talented legionnaire dribble through five players and lose the ball like in previous eras. I also love watching the team's fighting spirit, again something I had never seen in previous iterations of TM, where it wasn't uncommon to see a couple or more players just strolling and not fighting for the team.

In addition, our attacking talent is decent, but a world apart from the tools we had at our disposal before. We had players who were starring in Europe's best leagues, topping various charts and in teams-of-the-season in their respective leagues. At the moment we only have one attacking player potentially at that level (Azmoun). JB has the talent but is not yet at that level, despite his success in Eredivisie.
    * I'm not sure if we ever had a coach that didn't ask for a better pitch

* If TM was about meritocracy, Jalal Hosseini would have been invited, or Khalatbari in the last WC, etc.

* So there was no precedence of bringing foreign based legionnaires with Iranian background to TM? If so then who brought Fereydoon Zandi to TM?

* That's fantastic, why don't we bring out Sir Alex out of retirement then and put gohroosh as his assistant manager. Because that's the only way he can replicate those results. Given the fact that he failed miserably with Real Madrid, Portugal, and Iran on his own

* So we don't rely on individual brilliance anymore? Did you watch ARJ's goal against Oman or Beiro's 1st minute penalty save? How about our goals vs China? Or Gucci's goal vs Korea? This is perhaps where you and I are on polar opposite side of the spectrum. We have a defensive structure that works as a unit. Yes. But our offensive "plans" were long throw ins (Individual talent), Free kicks, flashes of brilliance via our players making something out of nothing. Here's another fact for you. Iran under gohroosh has had the worst possession stats in its history. That's right. The boys can't keep the ball, can't hold the ball, can't do any build up play. All they know is how to quickly transition the ball from defense onto offense via 1 or 2 long shots. That's desperate tactics against an overwhelming opposition. It's not what you build your entire damn team around for 8 years.

* We had a fighting spirit alright. I was looking at some of the comments on one of the Varzesh3 links someone posted about Azmoun, and it was hilarious. "Teame Bedehkar," that's gohroosh's mentality. The everlasting underdogs, the underprivileged, the poor boys with nothing "against all odds", "mission impossible." This fighting spirit leads to an impressionable kids like Sardar to "shush his critics" after he scores a goal. This fighting spirit leads to the boys coming out of every match guns blazing in post match interviews, mostly focusing on how they were victimized by x, y and z and yet somehow managed to prove their critics wrong against the likes of mightly China, etc. Instead of being humble and carry on with the job. That's the difference between an underdog mentality and a champion's mentality. Underdogs always have an uphill battle so beating yemen, and vietnam, oman, and china is a cause for celebration and losing to Japan is a fact of life. It's a fucking brilliant philosophy if you're a charlatan coach though. Win, lose or draw you can't lose. Cause you were the underdogs right off the bat. That's why the next game is the most important.

* Our overall talent at this particular juncture is far superior to any iteration of TM in the past. Ali Daei was a 2% talent 98% effort. Khodadad was sub-par, and not even comparable to Gucci. Mahdavikia was slightly better than milmo, Minavad's an even trade. An aside from Abedzadeh which is irreplaceable every other post from defense to midfield, we're far better than ever before with incredible depth. There's a reason why we were the favourites to win this AC by the bookies and has nothing to do with gohroosh. Infact we were favourites to win in spite of gohroosh not because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
      CQ is will be in Colombia in the next days, He will sign a 4 years contract and Oceano Cruz and Mick Mcdermot will be in his team, one Colombian assistant will also be chosen.

Damn, 4 Years contract !
      is it confirmed yet ?

damn, iff are such idiots loosing this guy and have to start shitt from scratch with a bunch of unknowns.. .. Taj rid and needs to GTFO .... tired of his bs excuses and playing both sides

Comment

Imagine a coach qualifies your country to the WC twice in a row for the first time ever, and spends his own money to build a modern facility to serve your national team even after he's gone...in a country where officials can't be bothered to maintain a simple grass pitch for training.

Now imagine being so devoid of common sense, gratitude, or even basic decency to respond to this with the kind of venom normal people only reserve for their blood enemy!

No one says CQ is perfect. No coach is. But the hatred some people have for him is worse than stupid, it's downright disgusting when you consider how petty and childish their reasons are.

Comment

Queiroz has just arrived at Bogota's airport:

He will be introduced as the new Colombia head coach tomorrow.

Comment

An Iranian living in Bogota also greeted Queiroz at the Bogota airport:

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post

https://twitter.com/VBarCaracol/stat...4916115458?s=1
              ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

I agree 100% with what the Iranian guy says (in spanish) - just championing the meritocratic aspect of Queiroz which we never had before. When a statue could play 90 minutes or the most soorakh goalkeeper could get 71 caps. If James is playing like shit, he will get replaced. simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post

LOL this is truly amazing there really are iranians all over the globe I bet CQ wasn't even the least bit surprised - I remember in an interview arounf the time of 2015 AC CQ said hes never seen a following like TM's where wherever in the world they go, they have hamvatans/fans supporting
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

There will never ever be another foreign coach like CQ.

Outside the scope of so many things he did for our football and facilities, future of our players, his geniun love for the country and people were exemplary.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
                      Imagine a coach qualifies your country to the WC twice in a row for the first time ever, and spends his own money to build a modern facility to serve your national team even after he's gone...in a country where officials can't be bothered to maintain a simple grass pitch for training.

Now imagine being so devoid of common sense, gratitude, or even basic decency to respond to this with the kind of venom normal people only reserve for their blood enemy!

No one says CQ is perfect. No coach is. But the hatred some people have for him is worse than stupid, it's downright disgusting when you consider how petty and childish their reasons are.
                      Exactly! and CQ made mistakes, no one thinks he is perfect. It's just the lack of appreciation and the complete swathes of doublethink.

I can believe that in IR when the media and goons who are allied to certain groups convince certain fans that he is the enemy. In a society with four decades of this, these things can happen so we can't be too surprised.

But this guy came along, he did a lot of stuff for us, spent 8 years in this shitty system and was cultured, intelligent, made a name for us again. I think you have to have a special level of disregard to be in the US/Canada or wherever and have this level of lack of appreciation.

Comment

Colombia is my second most favourite National Team now.

Love to see an Iran v Colombia and witness CQ’s emotions 🙏
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Carlos Tehrani...afsoos...they let u go...
                          May your adventure in Colombia be awesome! All the best.
                          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                            Carlos Tehrani...afsoos...they let u go...
                            May your adventure in Colombia be awesome! All the best.
                            carlos tehrani?
                            hahahaahaha keep dreaming

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                              Colombia is my second most favourite National Team now.

Love to see an Iran v Colombia and witness CQ’s emotions 🙏
                              One of our future friendlies....
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

King Queiroz has entered Colombia to sign the deal

Comment

Working...
                                X