This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Guys hes been in TM 8 years. Most international managers don't last that long. Be happy we had a great coach regardless of what happens.
    The problem is, that if CQ leave we will struggle beating Teams like Thailand, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain etc. again.
    Just look at some games that we had pre-CQ era. We hardly beat Singapur at times...

Comment

As it was said earlier , and i am certain of it , if CQ gets even to the AC final
      he will remain our coach till end of WC 2022.
      I guarantee it

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        You mentioned few good names, but 1) I highly doubt most of them want to get national team jobs in this stage of their career 2) almost none of them have NT coaching experience.

You may be right on point 1. It's less common for young managers to take national team jobs. That being said, all of them are out of work and some have been out of work for some time.

As for point 2, very few managers have NT coaching experience before their first NT job. It tends to be the likes of Herve Renard and the usual suspect managers we see at our rival countries that make a career out of coaching NTs. I don't want that calibre of coach. Why would we want to be like everyone else and go for the common approach.

I want a manager that will build on the foundations CQ has laid. Someone who will be here for at least another 4 years. I included La Liga coaches as I'd like to see the technical aspect of our game improved.

Comment

CQ is not going anywhere, he will win the Asian Cup, become a Persian citizen, will run for presidency and continue to enjoy his favorite food, Chelo Kebab.

We love him to bits. Long live our beloved Iran and CQ.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            As it was said earlier , and i am certain of it , if CQ gets even to the AC final
            he will remain our coach till end of WC 2022.
            I guarantee it
            Definitely, the way he cares about the players you know deep down he wants to take Iran to 2022 glory.

See even Gholizadeh, both this tournament and the last one he has been unlucky to miss out on final 23 but each time CQ is giving him his message that "you are part of our future and I want you to know this". He is constantly sowing seeds for the future. Watch out for Niazmand now. From his perspective I can't imagine him wanting to leave unless something goes wrong.

Comment

You Absolutely right

He is building a team now that when you take the likes of Sojaie,Dejagah,Montazeri
              and Ebrahimi out of it, the average age will be 25-27 by 2022 and extreemly expereienced.

That future team,he will take to the second round of 2022 WC and beyond.
              He is preparing a bright future for Iran and his own pride and success.

Comment

If TM reaches the Asian Cup final, that game will be CQ's 100th with Iran. Seriously, how beautiful would that be?

Comment

Wow it would be even nicer to win his 100 th game too.

Comment

I hate to say this and contradict myself , but a Columbian site has said that CQ will be announced as
                    Thier head coach in the next week.

This article was on Farsnews with exact dates of thier meetings with CQ and thier Football federation boss
                    It looks like it’s reall guys

CQ is good as gone I believe.

Comment

Cq is gonna die by that time
                      Have my word boys

Comment

lineup.png

The core of TM players with their age 4 years from now. I have only included players who are part of the current TM setup and are a shoulder above the rest. Add to that some new talents that would emerge in 4 years(unknown), current talents that could improve significantly(Shekari, Allahyar, Delfi, Shariati, Noorafkan, etc.) and TM players that would still be there (Rezai, Ansarifard, Ali Karimi, Rezaian, Hajsafi, etc.)

The question is whether CQ would be satisfied with what he has achieved or would he like to prolong his legacy? Is he willing to let go of what he has built in search of new challenges?

Comment

seems like done deal, he has officially had enough

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            seems like done deal, he has officially had enough
                            Why does Colombia pay him more or give him free Coke?

Comment

Lots of Colombians on social media upset with this appointment, they all rave about Carlos as a great coach and tactician, but don't think he can fit their natural offensive style.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Lots of Colombians on social media upset with this appointment, they all rave about Carlos as a great coach and tactician, but don't think he can fit their natural offensive style.
                                I read that too, but let's be honest, Colombia's self-proclaimed "natural offensive style" hasn't gotten them anywhere except decades of under-performance and early tournament exits. Perhaps they need to switch things up with a great defensive tactician like CQ to actually deliver worthwhile results.

Comment

Working...
                                X