Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should lock this thread and the Bronko Thread until TM is out of AC!!
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Just look at the way CQ looks at his players. They are like his own children. Of course he wants to stay with them.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

As i said many times CQ is leaving after AFC.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          great post and spot-on ..!
          the spanish coach who dumped us after weeks of negotiations and speculation with IFF was javier Clemente..!
          We are a far, Far more Promising and capable TM Now than we were 8 years back and definitely a more alluring and attractive job offer for other high caliber foreign coaches to consider..!! however i have little faith that IFF would be capable, nor willing to make a serious attempt at attracting a similarly high caliber replacement coach and even if they did and by some miracle managed to hire a respectable replacement coach, i can not fathom for the life of me that the possible replacement coach would ever commit to the job even half as wholeheartedly and personally as Carlos has so far for Iran and TM ...!!
          as i've mentioned before Carlos's immense contributions to our football extends Far beyond the football pitch....! he has brought on a cultural revolution in our football..!
          #FagahtCarlos
          💯💯💯💯💯

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
            As i said many times CQ is leaving after AFC.
            How do u know?
            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

We've all seen the circus around CQ's future as TM coach for some time now, however, this time I truly feel like Carlos will almost certainly leave us and take the Colombia job, especially if the recent press reports regarding the developments in their negotiations are to be believed.

I see no other names mentioned with that job, not even talk of their interim manager being considered as a permanent choice.

I totally understand why Carlos would consider that job... he can't do any more with us than he has.

Aside from that, Colombia is undoubtedly blessed with better individual talents than Iran. It's a higher profile job, he'll have less issues preparing the team for qualifiers and tournaments and I doubt their FA can piss him off with amateurish bullcrap any more than ours has in the past 8 years.

Also, he's not going to retire before 2022. There are many quotes attributed to him regarding the achieving a record of being the first manager to qualify for 5 world cups.

With Qatar an automatic qualifier for 2022, he may see Colombia/CONMEBOL as a better opportunity to achieve that feat.

My prediction would be that he takes the Colombia job in the next month or so, Kranjkar will move up to national team coach (not my preference but why else would they have made him u23 coach) and a recent ex-player like Nekounam will become the new u23 coach.

My preference would be that we next appoint a younger manager (under 50) with European league experience. Perhaps one of these options:
              Leonardo Jardim
              Andre Villas-Boas - his career has dipped recently but don't forget he's held some pretty big jobs and done relatively well. Just not met the very high expectations
              Vincenzo Montella
              Paco Jemez
              Paul Clement - bit of an obscure one but I think he's an outstanding coach having been Ancelotti's #2 at his last few clubs. He sort of mirrors CQ's early career.
              Javi Calleja - an even more obscure suggestion but only if Nekounam would be his assistant. The Osasuna connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                We've all seen the circus around CQ's future as TM coach for some time now, however, this time I truly feel like Carlos will almost certainly leave us and take the Colombia job, especially if the recent press reports regarding the developments in their negotiations are to be believed.

I see no other names mentioned with that job, not even talk of their interim manager being considered as a permanent choice.

I totally understand why Carlos would consider that job... he can't do any more with us than he has.

Aside from that, Colombia is undoubtedly blessed with better individual talents than Iran. It's a higher profile job, he'll have less issues preparing the team for qualifiers and tournaments and I doubt their FA can piss him off with amateurish bullcrap any more than ours has in the past 8 years.

Also, he's not going to retire before 2022. There are many quotes attributed to him regarding the achieving a record of being the first manager to qualify for 5 world cups.

With Qatar an automatic qualifier for 2022, he may see Colombia/CONMEBOL as a better opportunity to achieve that feat.

My prediction would be that he takes the Colombia job in the next month or so, Kranjkar will move up to national team coach (not my preference but why else would they have made him u23 coach) and a recent ex-player like Nekounam will become the new u23 coach.

My preference would be that we next appoint a younger manager (under 50) with European league experience. Perhaps one of these options:
                Leonardo Jardim
                Andre Villas-Boas - his career has dipped recently but don't forget he's held some pretty big jobs and done relatively well. Just not met the very high expectations
                Vincenzo Montella
                Paco Jemez
                Paul Clement - bit of an obscure one but I think he's an outstanding coach having been Ancelotti's #2 at his last few clubs. He sort of mirrors CQ's early career.
                Javi Calleja - an even more obscure suggestion but only if Nekounam would be his assistant. The Osasuna connection.
                You mentioned few good names, but 1) I highly doubt most of them want to get national team jobs in this stage of their career 2) almost none of them have NT coaching experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

Leonardo Jardim
                  Vincenzo Montella
                  Paco Jemez
                  You're wrong (highlighted bold part), with Queiroz we have a great chance of making it to the second round of World Cup 2022. If he leaves, we'll have a small chance of reaching the second round. That's how much of an impact Queiroz has on TM. Now all his hard work will make sure we'll reach the world cup for a third straight time, even under disaster amateur coaches such as Branko and Qalenoei, but there is not a single foreign coach we can get that will have the same knowledge and chemistry that this wonderful man has with us. In other words mate, no other coach will come even near this man's legacy for TM!

Comment

one of the Aussie announcer of the Iran-Yemen game on Fox, in the middle of the match, flat out said that CQ has reached an agreement with Columbia and he is set to be joining them after the conclusion of AC..!! it was bizarre how blatantly he spewed that, as if he had heard it first hand from carlos himself..!!

yet he also said something along the line of how Carlos will be literally the only coach to take a team from every continent to WC..!!?? or something like that ,which didnt make much sense..!?
                    and mentioned that Saman was Swedish born footballer who changed to play for Yemen..!!

Comment

World Cup winning coach Felipe Scolari said in a news conference today that the Colombian Football Federation keeps on asking him to be their new national team coach, but he keeps on rejecting them; the Colombian Football Federation completely denies even approaching him for the job:

http://www.tribtown.com/2019/01/08/s...lari-colombia/

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        one of the Aussie announcer of the Iran-Yemen game on Fox, in the middle of the match, flat out said that CQ has reached an agreement with Columbia and he is set to be joining them after the conclusion of AC..!! it was bizarre how blatantly he spewed that, as if he had heard it first hand from carlos himself..!!

yet he also said something along the line of how Carlos will be literally the only coach to take a team from every continent to WC..!!?? or something like that ,which didnt make much sense..!?
                        and mentioned that Saman was Swedish born footballer who changed to play for Yemen..!!
                        No they said "there have been reports" which is not really official; essentially what we have heard

Comment

Sooner or later CQ will leave Iran. I hope he stays til Qatar 2022. But I think the atmosphere of iranian football is too toxic. If you just read the comments on social media by our dear PP fans you will see. It is just too toxic. regardless of what happens in this AC 2019. It was a good ride with CQ and we will not have anyone at his caliber anytime soon. He as literally set up the blue print for the team for at least the next few years. Any other vatani coach comes will copy and paste his idea. But the issue is not the plan, it is the "communication". Players will not listen to anyone after CQ or lower than CQ.
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Guys hes been in TM 8 years. Most international managers don't last that long. Be happy we had a great coach regardless of what happens.

Comment

As long as Taj and co are in charge, CQ will remain as coach. 2022, 2026, 2030 etc.
                              Regardless of results in this Asian cup and future Asian cups.

He’s not going anywhere. Guaranteed.
                              So you guys can stop sweating.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Guys hes been in TM 8 years. Most international managers don't last that long. Be happy we had a great coach regardless of what happens.
                                The issue is not time here but rather circumstance. I believe that he will leave following the Asian Cup (although I also believe that there is a very small chance that he'll remain should we win). That said, had the Federation been more serious, I think they could have signed him to a four year extension. The issue is made much worse by Branko and Persepolis.

The difference between CQ and a coach that has a tenure of 2-4 years is that CQ is not only the coach, he is the institution. Much like how Japan set out a roadmap in the late 1980s/early 1990s of where they'd like their football to be in 15-20 years, CQ has single-handedly been doing that with Team Melli for the last 8 years. From physical and psychological conditioning to tactics, he has changed how the national team operates. That said, and as Dr. Strangemoosh mentioned in a post several days ago, we still appear to be in an intermediary stage of a much longer process and that's why I would like CQ to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X