Reza Shekari @ Rubin Kazan | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    Oh the joy I would get if we win it all without Azmoun. Taremi needs to step up big time.
    It's Kaveh, Ghoddos and ARJ's time to shine baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
      I won't judge him for now because I still like him, but if he doesn't return for the Asian Cup (including preps), he should be banned forever.
      Being honest, why does he deserve to come and go as he pleases? The fans won’t change, there will be dumb fans until the end of time. I say he can’t handle the heat, so get out of the kitchen. I honestly think it is best for him to fully retire now, become a full time equestrian, and maybe become an actor. This isn’t me “bashing” him, I actually worry for the kid. He’s not mentally strong enough to play professional football, despite his talents. He should just move on to the things he can do quietly and without attention.

We must move on forever, this guy has proven multiple times to make horrible decisions, and CQ/us should not enable him by begging him to return. TM will continue long after Azmoun is gone from the team.

EDIT: Does anyone else think it is convenient that this retirement comes alongside the rise of Kaveh, Ghoddos, and Jahanbakhsh? As these guys are improving their teams, Azmoun has stagnated. This seems like a more subtle Rahmati/Davari situation. Instead of crying about being benched for new players, Azmoun seems to blame a multitude of things. First his family issues, now it has moved on to racial tensions as a whole in Iran. This guy knows he is getting lapped in the race due to bonehead decisions, so he’s choosing to quit. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        except that we needed just a goal or possibly 2 to top our group and make real WC history and he was supposedly the guy who was primed to deliver that for us, and he failed misrably at it..!
        even more disappointing was his effort levels on the pitch, especially in the first 2 matches...!! his overall(Defensive & Offensive) work-rate on the pitch seemed to me less than even half that of Taremi who everyone seems to want to blame for his late miss vs Portugal..!! if sardar put in anywhere close to Taremi or any other of our starter's effort/work-rate on the pitch, i'd imagine he woulda probably passed out by 60min..!!??
        dont even get me started of his flake-out outside of the pitch..!!

he better get his head straight and make up for his subpar WC performance at AC...!!
        I don't question his effort. For me he has the heart and will. His decision making on and off the pitch are poor. I will leave the off pitch stuff alone as it's well discussed to date. What's concerning to me his his constant decision to win headers and flick them on to no one but the opposition keeper. His play off the ball and lack of opening up space or holding possession till a teammate can make a run leaves me wondering if he is not more suited for a dump and chase game plan.

I think he is not physically strong enough to be a sole possession striker upfront. Unfortunately Karim is not fast enough either despite his strength. Gucci was better at this and I can only hope Kaveh has what it takes.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          It's Kaveh, Ghoddos and ARJ's time to shine baby.
          apparently kaveh got cut too due to injury
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            Being honest, why does he deserve to come and go as he pleases? The fans won’t change, there will be dumb fans until the end of time. I say he can’t handle the heat, so get out of the kitchen. I honestly think it is best for him to fully retire now, become a full time equestrian, and maybe become an actor. This isn’t me “bashing” him, I actually worry for the kid. He’s not mentally strong enough to play professional football, despite his talents. He should just move on to the things he can do quietly and without attention.
            We must move on forever, this guy has proven multiple times to make horrible decisions, and CQ/us should not enable him by begging him to return. TM will continue long after Azmoun is gone from the team.
            EDIT: Does anyone else think it is convenient that this retirement comes alongside the rise of Kaveh, Ghoddos, and Jahanbakhsh? As these guys are improving their teams, Azmoun has stagnated. This seems like a more subtle Rahmati/Davari situation. Instead of crying about being benched for new players, Azmoun seems to blame a multitude of things. First his family issues, now it has moved on to racial tensions as a whole in Iran. This guy knows he is getting lapped in the race due to bonehead decisions, so he’s choosing to quit. Simple as that.

I think its a huge reach to say he doesn't want competition. Two of those guys don't even play his position, and Azmoun has never been benched for Rezaei...

My assumption is that CQ will invite him again. This is different from Rahmati/Aghili in the sense that Rahmati blindsided CQ with his announcement and Aghili left in the middle of the camp when he learned he was not going to start.

As CQ has said, Azmoun came to him first and they've discussed the situation. I am sure they are in constant talk as well, and CQ obviously has info that the general public does not, seeing as he is in constant communication with the players.

Comment

Sardar has been sar-be-hava for years, I mean just look at his tattoo and you will understand. I appreciate all he's done for TM, but we can't pretend like he didn't just put an entire nation second to his instagram account. All he had to do was disable comments, all he had to do was explain to his family the toxic environment in Iranian social media. But no, he held onto it for the ego boost.

This kid needs a therapist, ASAP. If he doesn't fix his attitude now, in TM's prep for the asian cup, then his national team career is done and quite frankly people won't give a crap about the 1-2 goals he scores every 12 games he plays in the RPL. And to be honest, his absence leaves a ton of room for strong, motivated guys like Kaveh to thrive and become a real star for the national team. Imagine what is running through his head right now: left out of the national team in one of our greatest World Cups ever, replaced by some kid who doesn't even appreciate 1/10 of the privilege he had to play for his country. Kaveh will be eager to put on a showing and take the spotlight, and i can't wait to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                Oh the joy I would get if we win it all without Azmoun. Taremi needs to step up big time.
                Taremi is a capable target man at AC levels and should be able to deliver for us at AC with a strong offensive front..!
                as far as source of goals after Sardar and Gucci retirement, my money is on Saman, although he is more likely to be used in MF or drop back attacker..! after him Taremi and then Khave/ansarifard or others ..!!
                i love Khveh's workrate and offensive zeal and definitely want him worked into our starting lineups somewhere asap but dont really rate him too high as a finisher/goal getter..!!

Comment

Any chance he's got a knock and/or CQ wants to give some of the other guys a run out? It's not like CQ doesn't already know what to expect from Sardar against a team like Uzbekistan. Do we know if it was his choice to leave the camp, or if he was allowed to leave by CQ/ the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                    I think its a huge reach to say he doesn't want competition. Two of those guys don't even play his position, and Azmoun has never been benched for Rezaei...

My assumption is that CQ will invite him again. This is different from Rahmati/Aghili in the sense that Rahmati blindsided CQ with his announcement and Aghili left in the middle of the camp when he learned he was not going to start.

As CQ has said, Azmoun came to him first and they've discussed the situation. I am sure they are in constant talk as well, and CQ obviously has info that the general public does not, seeing as he is in constant communication with the players.
                    Makes sense, but the timing for me is just too convenient. Was supposed to have a dream move this summer that all of you 2 summers ago, 2 winters ago, last summer, last winter, and this summer were forcing people like me who knew Sardar would fail to launch to believe that he would move to Liverpool or something.

What are the odds that right when he was supposed to move, and didn't while all of our other attacking players are moving to better clubs and he just now decides to retire.

It is probably a major embarrassement for him, either way, and I think that CQ "was aware" of Sardar's intention, because Sardar is a star player, and CQ obviously wants him back. Aghili/Rahmati were old and expendable. I just think the timing of all of these issues, right when Sardar is coming off a poor season, and didn't do much other than hustle well in World Cup, is too convenient. You could be right, but based on the unlimited free passes and explanations you and others have given me to "keep believing in Sardar", it is just too hard for me to love him for who he is.

If he doesn't want to play for TM, I don't want him. That is all.

Comment

I do not think that Azmoun is completely excluded, probably CQ and Sardar have contact about the topic and Azmoun is (yet) not willing to return, and is CQ using the Uzbekistan game to test other players.
                      I expect that we will play with an IPL squad and will not play Saman, ARJ from the beginning. I can well imagine that Azmoun returns shortly before the AC, if not, he is the stupidest player in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        I don't question his effort. For me he has the heart and will. His decision making on and off the pitch are poor. I will leave the off pitch stuff alone as it's well discussed to date. What's concerning to me his his constant decision to win headers and flick them on to no one but the opposition keeper. His play off the ball and lack of opening up space or holding possession till a teammate can make a run leaves me wondering if he is not more suited for a dump and chase game plan.
                        I think he is not physically strong enough to be a sole possession striker upfront. Unfortunately Karim is not fast enough either despite his strength. Gucci was better at this and I can only hope Kaveh has what it takes.
                        Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                        somewhat agree overall..!
                        his combination play is very astute and clever, but requires a high energy, hard working and intelligent attacking supporting cast who are in-tune with his offensive moves for the combination play to flourish into something special..!
                        his positioning and finishing and poise in and around the box is brilliant, his heading abilities are sublime..!!
                        his fitness and stamina leaves MUCH, MUCH more to be desired..! Not very Strong in possession nor able to hold the ball up which is disappointing and bit surprising for his decent hight and physique..! quick to go down and resort to grass-rolling..! his dribbling and or ability to unsettle and blow by his immediate markers is just average ..!
                        Defensively he is weak.!! cant tackle for shitt without fouling, can not intelligently close passing-lanes either and cant even be arsed to even try hard enough on that front..!!? i suppose only his good height and excellent heading abilities come in handy in aerial clearances from set pieces or such..!
                        his maturity and professionalism seems to be regressing..??? definitely seems to be going through some major crisis of late..!!
                        his still promising club career is very likely to go down the shitter real fast, if he remains out of the international football spotlight..!!
                        he is definitely not a very good fit to CQ/Berdiyev brand of football..!
                        he would probably thrive in a more attacking 442 sorta line up with a high work-rate and quality striking partner
                        Last edited by BacheLot; 09-07-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          except that we needed just a goal or possibly 2 to top our group and make real WC history and he was supposedly the guy who was primed to deliver that for us, and he failed misrably at it..!
                          even more disappointing was his effort levels on the pitch, especially in the first 2 matches...!! his overall(Defensive & Offensive) work-rate on the pitch seemed to me less than even half that of Taremi who everyone seems to want to blame for his late miss vs Portugal..!! if sardar put in anywhere close to Taremi or any other of our starter's effort/work-rate on the pitch, i'd imagine he woulda probably passed out by 60min..!!??
                          dont even get me started of his flake-out outside of the pitch..!!
                          he better get his head straight and make up for his subpar WC performance at AC...!!
                          We were highly likely to make World Cup history if Ghoddos and Mohammadi were starting for the last match... If a striker is declining throughout the match it's up to the manager to make some sort of change, based of pure logic in all of football. (Not pointing fingers here, what's past is past and will never come back.)

He does not need to make up for anything, he is the one that got us to the WC in the first place. Honestly it's all fun and games, until we can't score against teams. Think about it do you really think it's a good idea to not have a striker that scored against Bayern, Atletico, Ajax, etc not on the team against ASIAN opponents. Are we so quick to dismiss what Sardar has done for us?

Comment

Ramin Rezaeian just posted this:

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Ramin Rezaeian just posted this:

Might be an old pic.

Comment

He will be back for Asian Cup. The stupid guy also affecting his own personal career as well. When you don't play for your national team, you lose lots of interest, already he is stuck in crappy Russian League for many years!

Comment

Working...
                                X