No announcement yet.

Is it better to win in style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that Iran isn't a powerhouse, I take what I can get. As long they win, I don't care if for the rest of the world cup Iran only wins on penalty shootouts.

If I was a German fan, sure I would expect my team to win with more of an exciting style of play.

Comment

I don't want to see us play a minute of football against Spain. 90 mins of draining them with a tight formation, niggling tackles, Ghoddos-morocco style stomps and pure anti-football.

For TM, only result matters at this stage and the possibility of a draw will put us in a great position. I don't give a crap if US pundits don't like it (actually I don't care what anyone thinks but at least the pundits I like respect Irans style)

Comment

Do I wanna a win? Yes
        Do I wanna win in style ? of course but not going to happen in years. we are incapable of doing that at this point.
        IMO, if we wanna lose, lose with dignity like our match vs Argentina. and for god sake, stop calling your hamvatan, traitor. nobody on here wants our TM to lose but again everyone has different expectation. Just because we won against morocco, that doesn't mean we played great. Even Adel was saying we should be happy if we get one point. I bet half of PFDC members would've been happy to get a point. so just chill and see what happens
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          I don't want to see us play a minute of football against Spain. 90 mins of draining them with a tight formation, niggling tackles, Ghoddos-morocco style stomps and pure anti-football.

For TM, only result matters at this stage and the possibility of a draw will put us in a great position. I don't give a crap if US pundits don't like it (actually I don't care what anyone thinks but at least the pundits I like respect Irans style)
          No way we can play football for 90 min. just Park the bus and get a point
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't it amazing, Italy wins 4 world cups playing this same style of foorball, the Italians public are proud as a peacock. but us Iranians want something else?? If we play "PRETTY" and get our asses handed to us it's "oh this team this that and other, why not this player rather than that player or let's hang the coach" if we win then "Oh it wasn't pretty enough". Please leave your petty complaints for you moms and dads please. We won and we won great and I am proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
              Just ignore it.
              Btw i think name-calling or being called a traitor is worse then "moaning".
              Impossible to ignore spam when it's everywhere, pages of it.

It's hard enough to use this forum when click on 'next new post' takes you to the exact same old post everytime, and when the site is bugged so that it doesn't tell you when you've been quoted, but now I have to wade through pages of trolling Iranians if I want to see something too?

I think name-calling is just as bad. They're both inconvenient to put it mildly.

Moaning about Carlos before the World Cup was fine, their opinion can be understood, maybe they would be proven right. But now this thread is too far and they're taking the piss out of everyone here.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Considering that Iran isn't a powerhouse, I take what I can get. As long they win, I don't care if for the rest of the world cup Iran only wins on penalty shootouts.

If I was a German fan, sure I would expect my team to win with more of an exciting style of play.
                To add to that, I feel any German fan today would rather have an ugly 3 points instead of what they got.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
                  I was over the moon when Iran won, but it feels a bit hollow. It's not like Iran 2 USA 1, that game had a real pulse. Iran's strategem of little fouls really took the pulse out of the game. I don't know man. You can say a win is a win, but that just means when you don't win that you've drawn or lost in an ugly way. Against Argentina, Spain, etc it's understandable but Morocco, as good as they are individually, are not an unbeatable team for Iran. Iran could have played them like they did against Algeria, for example, which was much more positive

Maybe this is just the post-win high though, I don't know. I ran around the neighborhood after the goal. Now I feel about hollow.
                  I’m sure you know this already but for those who don’t know, those are tactical fouls which are used to kill the opponents momentum. Negative (or pragmatic/defensive) football works in tournaments. That’s why Mourinho has a better record in tournaments than Pep. But outside of tournaments is Mourinho’s Man United even watchable? You couldn’t even pay me to watch them. So yes, our football won’t be pretty but it doesn’t have to be. TM rarely plays and since the objective in these tournaments is to grind out results I’m happy with that (although the grassrolling needs to stop).

Comment

Is it better to win in style?

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                    I guess some find black in the rainbow after all.
                    I gotta be honest, that is one expression I had never heard before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamad Gorgu View Post
                      I gotta be honest, that is one expression I had never heard before.
                      I wish I can remember where or when I've heard it, but it seemed appropriate while I was posting

Comment

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X