Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
    Do we? By who?
    Analysts and commentators that I have watched (non-Iranian) called the game dreadful.
    No one remembers the way we played but the result.

Sure I would like to win in style - but winning football in style is reserved for a handful of world class teams and we simply don’t have the infrastructure for that.

Comment

Man I knew PFDC was full of cynicism, but even I thought if we won against Morocco there would be full unity.

Goes to show that some people are only happy with a run and gun 3-0 win. Fair enough, but I didn't think anyone would bring this up 30 seconds after TM won.

Comment

8 pages of passive agressive attacks over an opinion. Classic PFDC

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
          Is it better to win in style?
          No......

Comment

My thoughts on this thread:

If you have the players like Spain, Brazil, Germany... etc. do then yes, you are expected to and HAVE to win in style. But, when you have players like ours, who are great players in their own right, but lets be real we don't have a 23 man squad consisting of players from Real, Barca, and Bayern, you have to be smart and admit the other team has better players, and only when you admit this you can plan your game in a way that you can win.

Let me ask you a question, would you rather play in style like the Saudis (who had 61% possession against Russia) but lost 5-0? or play "disgusting" football like us and beat the best African team?

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
              8 pages of passive agressive attacks over an opinion. Classic PFDC
              At least my response was just aggressive.

A lot of people on here have had enough of the negativity by a vocal minority. Nothing is ever good enough for them, they need something to moan about. And as someone who's also English, it's double the amount of moaning I have to deal with.

Comment

When half the board was asking for CQ to be sacked after the loss v Turkey, I said he was worth every penny he got on his contract. I brought up the bus, the HQ he helped usher, the development of defenders in Iran, the slither of interest Iran has gotten from European clubs AND from European coaches such as the Portugese ones in Zob Ahan, Schafer at Esteghlal, and so on.

- I don't ask for CQ to be sacked, not even if we lost all 3 games would I have asked for him to be sacked.
                - I understand the circumstances of Iran NT: The lack of training camps, the politics, the bad infrastructure, the fragile mentality, the cancerous pundits who I do not want to be associated with, and so on.
                - I don't ask for Iran to play like Spain and Portugal, I brought thrm up because their game - the most beautiful of the cup - came after immediately after ours, and the difference was striking. I had a reaction and perhaps should have sat on my thoughts longer than I did before posting.
                - I don't ask for attacking posession football, I don't ask for what happened to Saudis. By the way what happened to Saudis would never happen to Iran, even if Iran had 8 men on the pitch. Do not say they were positive because their CBs were split and fullbacks high, they were flacid and stupid and had no love for their country. I don't ask for insipid football.
                - Even with those circumstances, I just remember TM games against Algeria, Russia, and even Tunisia and Turkey that seemed to point to a more developed than the one v Morocco. Iran still defended in thos games, but had a bit more fluidity when they did attack. Not a huge amount more, but a respectable amount, CQ was so cautious against Morocco, he didn't even play Iran's best LB. He reinstated Hajsafi instead and let Amiri do hatchet work in Midfield. I don't hate Amiri, he was so big for TM and I am proud of him, but it was indicative of how CQ felt about Iran and that's what bothered me.

Look at Iceland today: They were compact, limited, effecient, but the few times they did venture forward they were more competent than Iran and did not grassroll like Ramin did (He was maybe Iran's best played by the way, defintely the most composed on the ball which seems ironic considering the grassrolling thing but I digress). This was Iceland's first WC ever in their history but they showed 0 nervousness or stage fright.
                By the way, I have changed my mind. It's been a day since this thread was made. I think this a case of 2 steps forward, a half step back IN A DEVELOPMENTAL SENSE, not in a result since which was obviously a huge leap forward and a historical one that has been rightfully defend and celebrated.

But guys it is difficult to express your feelings on a board when you get called a traitor and get told to leave for having a slightly different reaction from mob. Can you guys at least appreciate this? Disagree, fine, but insults and lynchmobs don't put you above anyone - just farther away.

Comment

one question i ask: was the "draw " against australia in 1997 sweeter than 100-0 win? that game was the dirtiest game i have ever seen in history of iranian game. that game we " roo sefid" all the bahrainis time wasting.
                  -estili asking ebrahim tahami to wast time when he was going to be subd, our first goal was offside, a lot and a lot of time wasting by all iranians in that game,they could have scorred 5 goals in the first 15 minutes or so, yet noone cared anymore when we qualified .
                  all those professional actors trying to get a penalty by diving ( one example is germany argentina game in 1990 final), maradona's "hand of god" yet noone give a sh!t about it now (except engish people maybe" yet they lough about . the only thing left is additional star to their national shirt .
                  enjoy it while it last, otherwise after the king is gone you will see same style of game but without win, even against teams like bahrain , arabestan, qatar ( and forget about korea, japan, etc )

Comment

The truth is unless we get a result versus Portugal or Spain no one will care about the Morocco game (except for Iranians).

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    No one remembers the way we played but the result.

Sure I would like to win in style - but winning football in style is reserved for a handful of world class teams and we simply don’t have the infrastructure for that.

Comment

It´s not so Black and white as you think it is.

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
                      Fake fans:

When the team is losing: "Why can't we be disciplined and get a win?!"

When the team is winning: "Why can't we win by more?!"

When the team is winning the World Cup: "Why can't we win every game and tournament?!" (German fans do moan too)

I'm not even exaggerating. Just ignore 'fans' like this.

Comment

Just ignore it.
                        Btw i think name-calling or being called a traitor is worse then "moaning".

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
                        At least my response was just aggressive.

A lot of people on here have had enough of the negativity by a vocal minority. Nothing is ever good enough for them, they need something to moan about. And as someone who's also English, it's double the amount of moaning I have to deal with.

Comment

i agree that our strategy in the friendlies was more positive. but i think we played pretty good football from min 20-45. second half was a shitshow, i think it was because both teams were just riding on their emotions, even as a spectator i was drained by all the first half excitement.

we'll probably play more freely and confidently in these next two games, maybe get another pooladi moment and one of our players will dribble past 3 spanish defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
                            The truth is unless we get a result versus Portugal or Spain no one will care about the Morocco game (except for Iranians).
                            Asia does not win games at the World Cup. So the fact we won, is a big deal for our continent.

That's the reality.

Comment

I love how people are talking about Portugal and Spain as a model for the way the game is supposed to be played.
                              Did anyone watch the last Euros? Ask Portugal if it's better to win in style.

Comment

Guys just enjoy the VICTORY it’s our first in 20 years and second ever. We don’t get this so often so let’s just ride this train for now. Mexico 06 was a disaster, same with Angola. Argentina 14 broke all our hearts and wtf was that Bosnia game. We are on top of group B. Something no one expected. If Spain and Portugal played football the way it’s to be played them I guess a tie is better than winning. I would have loved for us to win convincingly. But you know what? The unexpectedness s what makes it so exiting. Go watch fan reaction from the stadium when Messi scored against us and you’ll see what I’m talking about. I’m still shocked by this win and I’m riding this train til Wednesday. Win or loose anti-football or joha Bonita this victory is in the record books and is a Day I’ll remember for the rest of my life. Go Iran! Doooo doooo doooo dooooooo doooooo
                                SHOW TIME!

Comment

Working...
                                X