Is it better to win in style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to win in style?

I was over the moon when Iran won, but it feels a bit hollow. It's not like Iran 2 USA 1, that game had a real pulse. Iran's strategem of little fouls really took the pulse out of the game. I don't know man. You can say a win is a win, but that just means when you don't win that you've drawn or lost in an ugly way. Against Argentina, Spain, etc it's understandable but Morocco, as good as they are individually, are not an unbeatable team for Iran. Iran could have played them like they did against Algeria, for example, which was much more positive

Maybe this is just the post-win high though, I don't know. I ran around the neighborhood after the goal. Now I feel about hollow.

negged

Comment

And the feeling was maximized after watching Spain 3 Portugal 3, that was entertaining throughout. My friends are tellin me that teams like Iran, Egypt, Morocco, Iceland shouldn't be there because they don't play football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
        I was over the moon when Iran won, but it feels a bit hollow. It's not like Iran 2 USA 1, that game had a real pulse. Iran's strategem of little fouls really took the pulse out of the game. I don't know man. You can say a win is a win, but that just means when you don't win that you've drawn or lost in an ugly way. Against Argentina, Spain, etc it's understandable but Morocco, as good as they are individually, are not an unbeatable team for Iran. Iran could have played them like they did against Algeria, for example, which was much more positive

Maybe this is just the post-win high though, I don't know. I ran around the neighborhood after the goal. Now I feel about hollow.
        believe me we are a modest team comparing to sp ain and portugal , but your team were very lucky at a point unbelieving and i dont try to understimate your team

Comment

Originally posted by marouane View Post
          believe me we are a modest team comparing to sp ain and portugal , but your team were very lucky at a point unbelieving and i dont try to understimate your team
          First 20 minutes Morocco looked so powerful, but after that Iran found a shape and rhythm and Morocco looked completely sapped with Iran's fouls. They fouled a lot but they did not foul enough to get yellow cards immediately, and they looked for every opportunity to stop the game. Benatia was hitting balls right into the Iranian fullbacks all the time. Moroccan football became horizontal and the chances were little. The Iranian players are talented footballers, they are more capable with the ball at their feet and can pass and recieve but they didn't show the world that today. They kicked it away most of the time and then waited for a new start from Morocco to try to counter, and when there was no room they kicked it again.

I thought after the 1st half, the 2nd would be more positive from Iran, but in the end it was even more cynical. That's what is bothering me.

Comment

Good luck against Portugal.

BTW your player was lucky that he got to the ball and scored ! otherwise our two players would've scored it .

Comment

Honestly, that was one of the worst World Cup matches I've ever laid my eyes on. Neither Iran nor Morocco could complete two simple passes together. Then throw in all the fouling, grass-rolling and back-passing and it was just a total mess.

I agree with you that the '98 win over the USA was much different - at least on the pitch. Of course we're all celebrating tonight, just like we did back on that night in Lyon. But that game featured two beautiful goals by Iran in a match that most observers felt Team Melli deserved to win. The match today was about Morocco literally shooting itself in the foot; neither team deserved 3 points.

I'm already ready to forget today and move on to Wednesday versus Espana. I think playing against better opposition will motivate the bacheha to step their game up - as long as Quieroz has the tactics in place, because he sure didn't on Friday.

Comment

Wait 100 years for it
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Sure if Iran had De Gea in goal instead of Biro Morocco would
                  have won 3-0 perhaps and he plays with style!

Comment

Unbelievable how some people can truly never be happy with anything. I guess some find black in the rainbow after all.

Comment

Lool it’s ok to keep knocking our team, trying to undermine the victory by repeatedly over and over saying we were lucky. But at least don’t justify by constantly saying “I am not trying to underestimate your team” because you have and still are which is absolutely fine. But say what you say with conviction or else you just sound like someone who can’t take a loss gracefully (tried not to use the rude term [emoji6] )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post

Sorry you feel hollow, maybe if we had a Ronaldo or the players and the football system the stadiums or the money and facilities that Portugal or Spain posses then maybe and only maybe you wouldn't feel hollow. but for those of us that have grown up with Iranian football for the last 40 years this is by far I mean miles and miles ahead of any team we've ever had. So hopefully you'll start feeling more fulfilled when you watch the Arab teams that spend millions if not billions on putting a team together and still get abused by the likes of Russia.

Comment

The win was great considering we didn't have good preparation… But this is Iran, our preparation is during real games!

Comment

maybe its better to win in style during qualification. but i have a question, would you rather play yoga bonita and tie or loose? or play scramble kind of football and win at the last minute? id take a 1-0 win like we did vs morocco or 1-0 urugay vs egypt over russias 5-0 win vs saudi. but a 5-0 vs saudi would be satisfying
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

I am very happy that we won this game and are now sitting first in the group. At the same time I would not put this performance anywhere near our win against USA in 1998. Estili's header or Mahdavikia's run were just on a different level.

Comment

Working...
                              X