No announcement yet.

Is it better to win in style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to win in style? Yes Is it better to win by 5 goals? Yes. Whats the point of this post? A win is a win. Morocco played around with the ball for 70% of the possession but only got 3 shots on net while we had 2 plus the own goal. We had them where we wanted them. Hopefully Spain and Portugal will think the same way like these Moroccans did today and we will have them just where we want them too.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I don't understand you guys. If someone says one thing it means he's asking for the world. I'm asking for Ronaldo and Messi or something stupid. How about a shot on target in the 2nd half??

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        A win is a win.
        And if Iran lost, what is left to say about their play? They fought... okay that is good, but that should be expected no? This is a World Cup after all. What about the football?

Comment

Originally posted by beevee View Post
          Sorry you feel hollow, maybe if we had a Ronaldo or the players and the football system the stadiums or the money and facilities that Portugal or Spain posses then maybe and only maybe you wouldn't feel hollow. but for those of us that have grown up with Iranian football for the last 40 years this is by far I mean miles and miles ahead of any team we've ever had. So hopefully you'll start feeling more fulfilled when you watch the Arab teams that spend millions if not billions on putting a team together and still get abused by the likes of Russia.
          If you grew up with Iran you would know this isn't the best game Iran has played in a tournament. If the game ended 0-0 you wouldn't be calling this game a rainbow, that I am sure of. It would have been nice for one of Iran's players to actually score the goal by the way, or at least have the Own Goal be the result of a shot

Comment

Come buddy, a win is a win

Watch the slow motion, ansarifard would have scored if the Morocco player didn’t

Look wt the table and enjoy where we stand!

Why dont you look at the fact that we locked them down 93 minutes that they couldnt even move?

We won in style, this is our style, end of story

Dont feel guilty, feel good bro!

accidents are part of football in fact its what makes football beautiful
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
              If you grew up with Iran you would know this isn't the best game Iran has played in a tournament. If the game ended 0-0 you wouldn't be calling this game a rainbow, that I am sure of. It would have been nice for one of Iran's players to actually score the goal by the way, or at least have the Own Goal be the result of a shot
              With all due respect, what if's are useless at this point and can go on all day. I recognize reality. Iran won. They got 3 points. We are happy. Join us. Jaye shoma khali.

Comment

the saudis played a very fluent, wide open game. I just loved how they played and I think they should continue their style of play in every tournament.
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

When the day comes that Iran defeats Spain in the World Cup final, we will have people asking ''is it better to win against Brazil in the World Cup final?''

Comment

And if Iran lost, what is left to say about their play? They fought... okay that is good, but that should be expected no? This is a World Cup after all. What about the football?
                    These are the cards we were dealt, so we play to our strengths. We are not the Moroccan team. All our players didn't play official games with professional kits as of the age 4 in Europe. We don't even have proper training grounds for our senior team. We cannot compare our level of football with the rest of these countries but we play with pride and dignity and we show that with a game plan, anything is possible.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I don't understand you guys. If someone says one thing it means he's asking for the world. I'm asking for Ronaldo and Messi or something stupid. How about a shot on target in the 2nd half??
                      we open up our game so we can loose 5-0 like saudi?

i don't like it either, but these are the cards we are dealt with. no professional training grounds in iran, no players in big 4 league (opposed to morocco), no organization thanks to sanctions, cancelled friendlies, no friendlies, no jersey sponsors, no shoe sponsor, the whole fucking world hates us. and thanks to CQ he played his hand and won. a 7/2 is the worst hand in poker and TM is the equivalent to that and we just won the fucking jackpot. please just try to enjoy this man, we had argentina at the tip of our fingers and lost. that was a shitty feeling. refs fucked us over in ac 04 and 15. that was a shitty feeling. now we won an actual world cup game. please enjoy this while you can, cuz when CQ is gone we gonna struggle to tie chinese taipei
                      SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
                        Come buddy, a win is a win. Watch the slow motion, ansarifard would have scored if the Morocco player didn’t
                        If the Moroccan player wasn't there you mean. If he had just headed it properly it would have been 0-0 set and match because Taremi was well behind him.

Originally posted by val View Post
                        Dont feel guilty, feel good bro!
                        Maybe you're right. I just feel like if a team gets to play in a WC, it has an obligation to show a certain courage to play with the ball. IDK. This game rubbed me the wrong game. Maybe if Azmoun nicks a goal against Spain or Portugal I will feel more at ease.

Comment

Think about it this way:
                          If we didn’t defend like the way we did, Morocco would have won 100%, this is no friendly it takes a lot to win a world cup game,
                          Haj safis beautiful cross was gonna turn into a goal anyways because Karim was right behind the defender

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                            the saudis played a very fluent, wide open game. I just loved how they played and I think they should continue their style of play in every tournament.
                            Saudis played with no pride. They were limp. They did not play fluently or beautifully, they only posed as if they did. Don't compare Iran with them, Iran actually have better footballers than them even in an offensive system

Comment

Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
                              Honestly, that was one of the worst World Cup matches I've ever laid my eyes on. Neither Iran nor Morocco could complete two simple passes together. Then throw in all the fouling, grass-rolling and back-passing and it was just a total mess.

I agree with you that the '98 win over the USA was much different - at least on the pitch. Of course we're all celebrating tonight, just like we did back on that night in Lyon. But that game featured two beautiful goals by Iran in a match that most observers felt Team Melli deserved to win. The match today was about Morocco literally shooting itself in the foot; neither team deserved 3 points.

I'm already ready to forget today and move on to Wednesday versus Espana. I think playing against better opposition will motivate the bacheha to step their game up - as long as Quieroz has the tactics in place, because he sure didn't on Friday.
                              I agree on most everything until your very last sentence.
                              If it weren't for Carlos's tactics, we would have been roasted. Carlos said in his interview, we are here to win. And if win is what we want this is the tactic that gives us the best chance.

Comment

You remember Iran vs Bosnia in 2014? We tried to play all out attacking football from the get go and look how that went.

Iran vs USA was 20 years ago and back then the game was different and don't forget we relied on individual brilliance from arguably our golden generation.

Comment

Working...
                                X