Is it better to win in style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
    And the feeling was maximized after watching Spain 3 Portugal 3, that was entertaining throughout. My friends are tellin me that teams like Iran, Egypt, Morocco, Iceland shouldn't be there because they don't play football.
    Get new friends.
    Glory hunters. If they want to watch the same few elite teams play each other just stick to a few club games in May and April every year. I'm sure that's much more exciting for them.

Comment

I have to say, going through the Team Melli players' instagrams did reignite positive energy and put a smile on my face once again. I'm so happy for them, whatever the case

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Get new friends.
        Glory hunters. If they want to watch the same few elite teams play each other just stick to a few club games in May and April every year. I'm sure that's much more exciting for them.
        Exactly, my khareji friends were all legit happy for me and texting me like crazy, all supported Iran.

Comment

Saudis played with no pride. They were limp. They did not play fluently or beautifully, they only posed as if they did. Don't compare Iran with them, Iran actually have better footballers than them even in an offensive system
          It's sarcasm
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

For teams like Brazil,Spain,Germany Yes, their fans won't be and shouldn't be happy with just a win.
            But Iranians should take a win no matter how they get it specially if its after 20 years.

Comment

anybody who thinks we could have done differently, or is unhappy, really should leave. You dont know about football. This isnt a circus, this is a results business. This isnt playing sunday league with your mates and scoring fun goals, this is the highest level of competition, with both sides willing to die for the cause. Lets open ourselves up like Saudi so you can be entertained. Unbelievable and pathetic thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Get new friends.
                Partly agreed with that. But it isn't all about glory hunting especially for older generations who have seen the World Cup for whats it meant to be ' The Competition of the Best'.
                Honestly the last good major tournament which had both entertainement and quality was Euro 2008.

Comment

Nah, I prefer winning Battle Royale style w/ a lil Ali Asghari on the side

Comment

And the feeling was maximized after watching Spain 3 Portugal 3, that was entertaining throughout. My friends are tellin me that teams like Iran, Egypt, Morocco, Iceland shouldn't be there because they don't play football.
                    You should find new friends.

Comment

If I could choose, of course I would choose a high margin win after a sparkling performance, but choosing between a good result and a gameplay attractive to the neutral spectator without a good result is a nobrainer...

Comment

Is it better to win in style?

If the Moroccan player wasn't there you mean. If he had just headed it properly it would have been 0-0 set and match because Taremi was well behind him.

Maybe you're right. I just feel like if a team gets to play in a WC, it has an obligation to show a certain courage to play with the ball. IDK. This game rubbed me the wrong game. Maybe if Azmoun nicks a goal against Spain or Portugal I will feel more at ease.
                        Hello brother
                        history is written by the winners for the winners the fact is we won, and you should enjoy it with full heart without remorse

To be honest with you the Moroccan fans deserved this loss as they were big trolls on the internet especially first few weeks after the draw

Now they will work harder against spaina and portugal to qualify and its all in our favor

Its now all behind us, lets focus on the spain game!

Cheers mate
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

hey OP, heres a valuable life lesson for you: the best things in life aren't made out of glitter and gold. When i watched the game in my local irani market, i was full of emotion and everyone was super engaged in the game. We cheered for every Moroccan errant pass and every dumb foul we won. Have you seen videos of people's reactions to that goal? Its pure joy and ecstasy, it united a nation. And you're over hear mulling about why we can't play nicer.

I don't follow Iran's game for the Football aesthetics, there's something deeper and more meaningful in seeing your nation get results. idk, maybe you've never supported an underdog team before.

Comment

official announcement from His Excellency the Vafaseyan Adesor:

“Gureh Babayeh Estyle!”

end of message!
                            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

just go watch the fan reaction videos on youtube. you think the fans or players give a shit that iran doesn't play tika taka
                              that feeling vs argentina and iraq is something i never ever want to feel again. we have made less passes out of all the teams in our group, yet we are the leaders. fuck it ill take 1-0 games vs spain and portugal off a sergio ramos and pepe own goal if it means we get to experience this joy again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHbatwgzPQ

i'd take this over the "but we had possession"
                              SHOW TIME!

Comment

I hate it when people say that. Football is about one ball an 22 players. Nobody said "how football should be played" only results matter. When you have success with the way you play then you are "playing football"...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X