Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz In or Carlos Queiroz Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 people voted no, 3 of them probably have amnesia and the other is Hoorad . Just teasing guys! I hope CQ will prove the 4 of you wrong soon !

Comment

I have voted! CQ best ever coach we had in History of football! I still hope he will stay and it is the some, as we remember before start of the WC 2014 he wanted to go away as well but at the end he stay for Asian Cup 2015. I hope he ius staying and why they not give him till WC2022!

We got meany options as I said yesterday in other subject, but a Iranian coach is not good for Teammilli.

Comment

Carlos Queiroz is by far the best coach we have ever had! Hope the man stays with us untill the WC of 2022! I believe that not only would we become the champions of Asia, we will qualify for a third world cup with a good chance to qualify for the second round (if we don't end up in another group of death)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad
          Before I go any further, this thread has already been mod-approved. (A huge thanks to Adesor Vafaseya jan for approval!)
          The fact that you felt like you had to ask permission to post/ask this due to behavior of bardegane CQ then the result of your pole and the reactions are a bit of a mute point isn't it?

It's very funny how people on PFDC at least (let's not say all Iranians, even though my experience with Iranians in general have been unfortunately the same) act like a mix of fanatic religious hardliners (where the real clergy go what's wrong with them) and roushan fekran. I don't know how they are able to mix these two complete opposite views and characteristics, but honar nazde iranian ast o bast......

Whether it's the CQ topic, or Ivankovih, or dollar, or Saudi, or IR, or the revolution or the review of Godfather Part III. people here act the same. There is not one inch of room nor respect for the opossing view, they blindly defend any and all actions through hypocrisy and double standards. Put the thing that they are defending on a beyond God level that cannot be touched and is perfect in any aspect, ridicule the opposing opinion and parties even if there's some real/correct things being said, come up with their own fabricated logic and explanation to justify the behavior and decisions of their new god, etc etc etc etc

It's not their fault to be honest, it's the upbringing and the culture in Iran for the last few centuries. There's one truth, one way, it's the perfect way and it's the establishment's way......and the establishment doesn't need to do anything cause they have the chablousan that are kaseye daghtar az ash who will fight tooth and nail to defend their new sarvar.

At least that's my view this morning, being pissed off at everything and everyone....but then again it's almost weekend so......But for the fun of it see a couple of examples below

Originally posted by RockyStocko View Post
          Without Queiroz Team Melli would have watched WC2014 and 18 at home. He compensates what Iranian football lacks in general: professionalism.
          This one is a complete blindness to fact. If there's one thing Carlos lacks is professionalism, especially in his communication. That's actually in his advantage as he manages to work in the environment that he is in now.

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          I don't understand how anyone could want CQ out, unless suffering from amnesia of the previous three decades or being too young to remember pulling their hair out non-stop with the previous TM managers.
          We had a coach who literally brought back Khatibi to the team, didn't invite the IPL's 23-year-old best player, stuck a statue in attack, didn't invite/foster the youth internationally and kept sub-par players as fixes without ever properly testing any alternatives (eg mirzapour) as well as having a TM full of hashieh and a deimi mode of football.
          Whatever mistakes CQ's made, the fact remains that the last few years have by far been the best - we finally have a solid unit of a team, concrete hope for the future and a passion in TM. My long-term thoughts about Iran have changed from the "we will fade into obscurity as an asian team" into "we can really make the next step".
          Perfect example of a religious hardliner behavior and approach to a discussion.....everything CQ did and does is divine, all others are infidels and a treat to his religious believe which should be eliminated.

And he has forgotten the Brankovic hardliners here some years ago doing the same thing as he is doing now. One of the few people who stood up to them (because back the MR used to post but I don'y know why he stopped as he at least was open to a normal discussion) was Dr. Doom.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          oh god ...
          To the *** edited *** who want CQ out, ask yourself, truthfully, can we get a similar level or better alternative???
          The answer is definitively no. Theres not even a chance. If you can bring forward a candidate who is better, then do so. But until then, dont ask these sort of questions
          This one is the same as the above. Asking what he think are valid questions (which are more rhetorical as he doesn't want an answer to them). But the answers are not what he likes. Because yes we can get a WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better coach. Money talks. You pay, they come. They go to worse places for Money so why not part time to Iran.

But the real question is: does it matter. Does having a better coach help Iran and Iran's football and all of it's problems of corruption, culture, lack of facilities, education, training, etc. etc.? If the answer is no, then having a worse coach doesn't hurt Iran that much either right?

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
          i want the 3 cq out please explain your self and be convincing, i honestly thought this thread is irrelevent, is my opnion. every football fan in iran know he is the main man for now and furture.
          Asking for logic and explanation in the first part, but does the second part gives you an impression that he would be remotely open to any logic and explanation (as enough have been given in other threads to him specific).

Now everyone will be upset and have their undies in a twist for me calling them out, for me not being nice, for me not bowing to their totalitarian behavior etc.

But sometimes, enough is enough and there should be room for a opposing voice. Amoo Sibil is usally safeguarding that aspect on these forums, but despite his best efforts, you can already notice that people who were open to discussions and going against the vocal group. And that in turn has reduced the quality of these forums compared to 10 years ago.

Where do you see an in dept analysis and discussion? Not even on the Football+ forum. There are a couple on the general forum but that's it. And I think it's because of the behavior we tolerate here.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            I don't understand how anyone could want CQ out, unless suffering from amnesia of the previous three decades or being too young to remember pulling their hair out non-stop with the previous TM managers.

We had a coach who literally brought back Khatibi to the team, didn't invite the IPL's 23-year-old best player, stuck a statue in attack, didn't invite/foster the youth internationally and kept sub-par players as fixes without ever properly testing any alternatives (eg mirzapour) as well as having a TM full of hashieh and a deimi mode of football.

Whatever mistakes CQ's made, the fact remains that the last few years have by far been the best - we finally have a solid unit of a team, concrete hope for the future and a passion in TM. My long-term thoughts about Iran have changed from the "we will fade into obscurity as an asian team" into "we can really make the next step".
            My reply here is not related to this thread and I do agree that CQ is probably the best that has happened to our football and the best coach we've had. We certainly should keep him for years to come and as long as possible. but while I think CQ is a level or 2 or maybe even more, higher than Branko in terms of quality, to be fair, if the latter kept inviting a statue, CQ keeps inviting a tree (Amiri). I think you, as most people at the time, have fallen for the same Ali Karimi type of criticism about CQ that went on at that time about Branko. The only difference is, Branko did not invite so many players from pespes and eses so he didn't have many fans out there to support him and in addition he lacked CQ's strong authoritarian personality to deal with IFF. Otherwise, compared to our Iranian coaches and other options that we had at the time, Branko was not a bad coach and it's proven by his time at Perspolis. In fact I remember when all the criticisms started at that time, we were winning games in Asia and Branko broke some winning/not losing record among all previous coaches. Even though I do think at that time we had great players to rely on, I think 80-90% of the criticisms that Branko was and is still receiving, was/is not fair.

The fact is, this mafia "plot" against foreign coaches is not very new in Iran. Even Blazevic had "Azizi" dilemma for a good while and was majorly attacked (verbally) on TV in a very un-Iranian impolite manner but he wasn't in Iran long enough to get more. and we all know what happened to Ivic before the WC98 had even started. In most cases the mafia behind the scene get their ways. The only person they tried with but could not effect was CQ because of the reasons I mentioned above.

Comment

^^

babak agha, thanks for the last two paragraphs, but overall pls relax and tune down a bit.
              You can express your views without stepping on others toes... take it easy.

I voted myself IN, as I explained in my post and my high admiration for CQ! But I respect the question of this thread.
              Pls also respect the other views including the people you quoted. Thanks.
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by alijosanoga View Post
                Dude stop you try too hard

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  The fact that you felt like you had to ask permission to post/ask this due to behavior of bardegane CQ then the result of your pole and the reactions are a bit of a mute point isn't it?
                  It's very funny how people on PFDC at least (let's not say all Iranians, even though my experience with Iranians in general have been unfortunately the same) act like a mix of fanatic religious hardliners (where the real clergy go what's wrong with them) and roushan fekran. I don't know how they are able to mix these two complete opposite views and characteristics, but honar nazde iranian ast o bast......
                  Whether it's the CQ topic, or Ivankovih, or dollar, or Saudi, or IR, or the revolution or the review of Godfather Part III. people here act the same. There is not one inch of room nor respect for the opossing view, they blindly defend any and all actions through hypocrisy and double standards. Put the thing that they are defending on a beyond God level that cannot be touched and is perfect in any aspect, ridicule the opposing opinion and parties even if there's some real/correct things being said, come up with their own fabricated logic and explanation to justify the behavior and decisions of their new god, etc etc etc etc
                  It's not their fault to be honest, it's the upbringing and the culture in Iran for the last few centuries. There's one truth, one way, it's the perfect way and it's the establishment's way......and the establishment doesn't need to do anything cause they have the chablousan that are kaseye daghtar az ash who will fight tooth and nail to defend their new sarvar.
                  At least that's my view this morning, being pissed off at everything and everyone....but then again it's almost weekend so......But for the fun of it see a couple of examples below
                  This one is a complete blindness to fact. If there's one thing Carlos lacks is professionalism, especially in his communication. That's actually in his advantage as he manages to work in the environment that he is in now.
                  Perfect example of a religious hardliner behavior and approach to a discussion.....everything CQ did and does is divine, all others are infidels and a treat to his religious believe which should be eliminated.
                  And he has forgotten the Brankovic hardliners here some years ago doing the same thing as he is doing now. One of the few people who stood up to them (because back the MR used to post but I don'y know why he stopped as he at least was open to a normal discussion) was Dr. Doom.
                  This one is the same as the above. Asking what he think are valid questions (which are more rhetorical as he doesn't want an answer to them). But the answers are not what he likes. Because yes we can get a WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better coach. Money talks. You pay, they come. They go to worse places for Money so why not part time to Iran.
                  But the real question is: does it matter. Does having a better coach help Iran and Iran's football and all of it's problems of corruption, culture, lack of facilities, education, training, etc. etc.? If the answer is no, then having a worse coach doesn't hurt Iran that much either right?
                  Asking for logic and explanation in the first part, but does the second part gives you an impression that he would be remotely open to any logic and explanation (as enough have been given in other threads to him specific).
                  Now everyone will be upset and have their undies in a twist for me calling them out, for me not being nice, for me not bowing to their totalitarian behavior etc.
                  But sometimes, enough is enough and there should be room for a opposing voice. Amoo Sibil is usally safeguarding that aspect on these forums, but despite his best efforts, you can already notice that people who were open to discussions and going against the vocal group. And that in turn has reduced the quality of these forums compared to 10 years ago.
                  Where do you see an in dept analysis and discussion? Not even on the Football+ forum. There are a couple on the general forum but that's it. And I think it's because of the behavior we tolerate here.
                  I'm new here so have neutral and unbiased eyes to look at things.

It seems to me this is the classic case of an angry person calling everyone else angry when they are the only one annoyed.

When I read this forum, I was struck by the respect there is. Forums are a cesspool for insecure people to argue at each other because they have such low self-esteem that they can't accept someone having different views, but here I see people respectfully disagreeing. Here I even see people reply "you make a good point" or "I see what you're saying" or giving "thanks" for a 'rebuttal'. Go anywhere else and it's "LOL you're so stupid", "SJW", "haters", "snowflake" etc.

I tend to skip over long posts of arguments, but I've only seen one big argument, don't even know if it was nasty or respectful.

There's idiots and 'religious' nuts everywhere, but not seen it play a part on this forum. Iranians and perhaps Middle Easterners in general are stereotypically friendly, but boisterous and loud in discussion, and that's all I've seen here. That doesn't mean we're not going to see some old farts burning a flag on TV for no reason other than to hurt the image of millions of their people, but that doesn't exactly happen here.

As for the coach... Queiroz is a rarity. He's adaptable and been around the world, often with success and a very good record internationally. Get rid of him, and like I said at the start of the thread, your options are oddball mercenaries who can't get a job who have an even worse record of falling out with everyone (Domenech, Matthaus), or an Iranian coach who may have never been outside of Iran.

CQ could be the most unprofessional person in the world, but evidently it hasn't harmed Iran's chances so far. Came together and won the last 3 games of 2014 qualifying, came together and got a point and nearly another (or 3) against ARGENTINA, knocked out by penalties after a controversial red card in an Asian Cup others underperformed at, and now qualified unbeaten with 0 goals conceded in 9 games in the final group. Have you sat back and thought about how impressive and rare that is, let alone with Iran? Some of us have been spoilt, because if you predicted that in 2010 you'd be called crazy.

Not even considering all the players he's convinced to join the team, who refused to or wouldn't have before/after he was coach.

Comment

Carlos Queiroz In or Carlos Queiroz Out?

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    If you consider that Iran will have almost no chance of replacing him with someone of a similar level, that by itself is a big NO

But I think some people forget that our nightmares when CQ arrived was struggling against Qatar and Bahrain !!!!

I don’t think CQ is some godly being, everyone has their flaws, but this man has drastically brought up the level of our national team, managed to put enough pressure on IFF to build a brand new and much needed team Melli training facility, and get the pitches replaced.

He addressed core problems of Iranian football including poor defensive positioning, poor fitness, poor preparation, and incoherency as a team.

I might be young but I have never seen any Iran team play as such a cohesive unit, and give any team in the world a tough time.

He has addressed issues from the bottom to the top of Iranian football, and apparently some people here thinks some minor comments or omissions of players justify calling him a bad coach or not wanting him to be coach ?

Please take a seat and have a sip of reality.

And for those who think attacking tactics don’t suit Iran, our entire history is plagued by getting scored on too much and running out of gas by the 60th minute( WC 2006)

He also has been a great scout for talent in our league.

Obviously CQ IN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Ladies and gentlemen please stop wasting your time to post any more comments, as this comment above [emoji115]has everything that is needed to be said

Winner of the week!
                    Regards
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                      ^^

babak agha, thanks for the last two paragraphs, but overall pls relax and tune down a bit.
                      You can express your views without stepping on others toes... take it easy.

I voted myself IN, as I explained in my post and my high admiration for CQ! But I respect the question of this thread.
                      Pls also respect the other views including the people you quoted. Thanks.
                      Amoo Jan, Thanks for the feedback.

Me personally share the same sentiments about CQ as you do. Yes he is the best coach and yes it's better if he stays. But dige nabayad shooresho daravord ke.

Like I said in my post, it's okay for people to gang up on those few who dare to say something different and start a lynching party (do they not step on other people's toes?) but when the fact is pointed out and replied to in the same spirit, it's not tolerable. Hence, my opinion on why people who had something valuable to say do not post much anymore as this is the thanks that they get......

Just for the record, I appreciate your feedback and you'll be the last one I would accuse of having double standards on this forum based on your track record. So I'll dial it down a notch and don't say much about the topic anymore. I will go and bother Kamran about his flat earth theory for a while j/k

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I agree with this, he shouldnt be given new four year deal with specific wages right now. But lets face it, he should be our coach, we dont have a better option. theres no way any other soul will be convinced to deal with this horseshit on a regular basis. It would drive all of us on this board insane if we had to deal with it.
                        That's the thing though... Greece, Egypt, Algeria, Morrocco, etc... these are all countries that have corrupt and disorganized Football federations, yet people are still willing to coach there and put up with crap for the right amount of money. I'm not saying coaching in Iran is the ideal job, but I'm certain CQ isn't the only semi-world class manager willing to coach Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          That's the thing though... Greece, Egypt, Algeria, Morrocco, etc... these are all countries that have corrupt and disorganized Football federations, yet people are still willing to coach there and put up with crap for the right amount of money. I'm not saying coaching in Iran is the ideal job, but I'm certain CQ isn't the only semi-world class manager willing to coach Iran.
                          But the current Iran is not like one of those countries, currently we are a pariah state that is under constant pressure to adhere to international standards. We find it hard to move money in and out of the country, find it hard to get decent friendlies, we treat our ladies with disdain, have major human right issues, etc etc . We are not on par with normal internationally accepted countries. In my opinion No top or middle tier coach would even gaze towards coaching Iran in the current environment.

Comment

of course the answer is IN.

He is by far the best coach TM has ever had and the results prove it.

When was the last time we breezed through WC qualification without our qualification ever being in doubt?
                            When was the last time we conceded only 2 goals in the final stage of qualification?
                            When was the last time we had 9 straight clean sheets in the final stage of qualification?
                            When was the last time we qualified for successive World Cups?
                            When was the last time we were objectively the strongest side in Asia with the best hopes for the continent going into a WC?
                            When was the last time we had our main starts play in Europe?
                            When was the last time we went 2 years without a single defeat?

And perhaps most important of all, when was the last time we had a coach who encouraged a culture change of our football?

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                              But the current Iran is not like one of those countries, currently we are a pariah state that is under constant pressure to adhere to international standards. We find it hard to move money in and out of the country, find it hard to get decent friendlies, we treat our ladies with disdain, have major human right issues, etc etc . We are not on par with normal internationally accepted countries. In my opinion No top or middle tier coach would even gaze towards coaching Iran in the current environment.
                              I don't see how any of those, beside the lack of decent friendlies (which Algeria, Morroco don't get either) is an issue for a coach. They spend 70-100 days of the year in Iran, and get preferential treament because they're farangi. If people are willing to put up with Human right abuses in Saudi Arabia for money, ther're willing to put up with Iran's B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                wanna bet ??

Greece, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco are not countries under heavy sanctions, and are not isolated from the rest of the world. Prior to CQ, we were happy to get 3rd rate eastern europeans to accept a job working for an incompetent and corrupt IFF. With CQ, you have a legitimate European coach who has actually coached respectable, if not great national teams. He has taken us to back-to-back WCs, AND, he knows the Iranian system. I sure as hell don't want to go back to the days of pulling our hair thinking why in god's name does an idiot like GN start Khatibi and Enayati, and have Hashemian sit on the bench. Look at the current lineup.

I would give him a 4 year extension and not even give it a second thought.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X