Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz In or Carlos Queiroz Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I go any further, this thread has already been mod-approved. (A huge thanks to Adesor Vafaseya jan for approval!)

While recently browsing over the forums, I've seen mixed reviews on Carlos Queiroz as our NT manager. So, I thought it would be best to create a platform which shows the PFDC community's views on Carlos Queiroz as Iran's coach and where we can have discussions to why or why not he should be our manager. The purpose of this thread is to peacefully express ourselves and what we think is right, while maintaining respect for contradicting opinions (And NOT INSULTING others for having a contradicting opinion!), and being able to have back up our opinions with facts and actual statistics without just bashing/saying things just because we feel like it. I have made the polls private (and rightly so), so feel free to vote and optionally say why you voted for Carlos Queiroz to stay or for him to leave. Feel free to speak out your mind (in accordance with the rule ofc) because you are just as entitled to an opinion just as anyone else is. We can visit this thread after our matches, and give our thoughts and views on the line-up/formation and the selection of players by the manager and discuss whatever is in our stomach about the match. Using this thread we can see where PFDC stands on Carlos Queiroz.

So please vote, thank you!
    Carlos Queiroz In
    0%
    Carlos Queiroz Out
    0%

I would be ok with a new manager of similar technical capabilities if he was to be gone.
    Main problem is that it is not easy to find a coach of his status that is capable of dealing with the side issues in Iran from coaches and federation.
    The best case would be iny dreams if he would become the head of our football operations for 4 years and get another top foreign coach for TM.

My nightmare would be a long spell of useless incompetent domestic coaches.
    Which coach in right mind would go to coach in IRAN/

peace

Comment

If we use the Cameroon job as an example (a traditionally major team but undesirable employers and infrastructure, in a less than glamourous region and underdogs in any World Cup group), well Queiroz was the outstanding applicant for them.

The only other options were Raymond Domenech (the psycho former France manager that picked teams based on their star sign and what month they were born, and the squad turned on him) and Lothar Matthaus (who hasn't had a job in 7 years, hasn't won anything as manager, falls out with his employers and once even fled Brazil and just never came back rather than resigned).

Comment

Realistically (without getting to deep into politics) our football will not significantally improve without the proper infrastructure, corruption and sanctions holding us back from practicing and toning our play with quality opponents etc.

Having said, CQ has been a very useful asset to Iranian football - I just do not believe the style of play he has implemented suits a team like Iran.

Furthermore he has issues with his temperament, which is a definitte negative for me, and he seems to have quite a big of an ego. I am not trying to say that dis-obedient players should not be put in their place, but perhaps there are better ways of dealing with such problems then the way CQ does.

Most importantly I believe we should play an attacking style of football and show the world our potential in that manner with our technical ability (granted only possible with a competent coach.)

I believe this poll would be better answered after the world cup. Therefore i will refrain from voting until i have seen all our games.

Comment

Without Queiroz Team Melli would have watched WC2014 and 18 at home. He compensates what Iranian football lacks in general: professionalism.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone could want CQ out, unless suffering from amnesia of the previous three decades or being too young to remember pulling their hair out non-stop with the previous TM managers.

We had a coach who literally brought back Khatibi to the team, didn't invite the IPL's 23-year-old best player, stuck a statue in attack, didn't invite/foster the youth internationally and kept sub-par players as fixes without ever properly testing any alternatives (eg mirzapour) as well as having a TM full of hashieh and a deimi mode of football.

Whatever mistakes CQ's made, the fact remains that the last few years have by far been the best - we finally have a solid unit of a team, concrete hope for the future and a passion in TM. My long-term thoughts about Iran have changed from the "we will fade into obscurity as an asian team" into "we can really make the next step".

Comment

Carlos Queiroz IN for me big time.

I consider CQ the best ever manager (foreign and domestic combined) to ever coach Iran. I rate him higher than Raykoff, Ivic, Blazevic and Mohajerani, Fekri, for all of whom I have great respect for.
              This is because we comfortably qualified back to back to WCs each time with games in hand. Last WCQ with almost clean sheet. But that's not all!
              Traditionally, as far as I remember defense was Iran's weakest point, and CQ turned it in a matter of 3 years, just in time for WC2014, to Iran's strongest point! (heck we were the better team vs Vice World Champ Argentina in the second half!)
              For the first time, in Asia, I can watch Iran's games without being stressed or nervous when the opponent team is in possession; in fact I even enjoy watching the team's discipline and great defense frustrating the ball possessing opponents, and get counter attacked and start to panic.
              On top of everything, CQ survived the constant bashing of domestic coaches and the mismanagement and internal fights in IFF! All players respect him and there are no HASHIYEHS in the team.
              Naturally, I voted IN!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Voted, and looked at the results; fortunately, it seems as if most members here are sane and understand how well CQ has done for us and hopefully his controversial decisions are vindicated at the WC.

He's made some mistakes and perhaps some petty decisions but at the end of the day he's done well considering the circumstances he's been working in. In addition, if it weren't for some screw-ups by the refs in the World Cup in 2014 (missed PK against Argentina), Asian Cup 2015 (wrongful sending off of Pouladi) most of these critics wouldn't have any legitimate complaints.

We always get people causing hashiyeh like Karimi & co., plus casual fans who don't closely follow TM and just come on social media once every 4 years to complain about this and that when they don't know anything. Let's get behind the best manager we've ever had, and the players who are surely raring to go.

Long live CQ, and long live Iran. That is all.
                Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

oh god ...
                  To the *** edited *** who want CQ out, ask yourself, truthfully, can we get a similar level or better alternative???
                  The answer is definitively no. Theres not even a chance. If you can bring forward a candidate who is better, then do so. But until then, dont ask these sort of questions

1st Language Please!
                  2nd Even though I voted IN, I respect the thread and question asked. This is a discussion forum. You are not obliged to participate in all threads posts, but if you do, please stay respectful!
                  Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 05-24-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

If you consider that Iran will have almost no chance of replacing him with someone of a similar level, that by itself is a big NO

But I think some people forget that our nightmares when CQ arrived was struggling against Qatar and Bahrain !!!!

I don’t think CQ is some godly being, everyone has their flaws, but this man has drastically brought up the level of our national team, managed to put enough pressure on IFF to build a brand new and much needed team Melli training facility, and get the pitches replaced.

He addressed core problems of Iranian football including poor defensive positioning, poor fitness, poor preparation, and incoherency as a team.

I might be young but I have never seen any Iran team play as such a cohesive unit, and give any team in the world a tough time.

He has addressed issues from the bottom to the top of Iranian football, and apparently some people here thinks some minor comments or omissions of players justify calling him a bad coach or not wanting him to be coach ?

Please take a seat and have a sip of reality.

And for those who think attacking tactics suit Iran, our entire history is plagued by getting scored on too much and running out of gas by the 60th minute( WC 2006)

He also has been a great scout for talent in our league.

Obviously CQ IN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by KeonKish; 05-25-2018, 08:00 AM.
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      oh god ...
                      to the retards who want CQ out, ask yourself, truthfully, can we get a similar level or better alternative???
                      The answer is definitively no. Theres not even a chance. If you can bring forward a candidate who is better, then do so. But until then, dont ask these sort of questions
                      There's no way anyone can deny what CQ has achieved with Iran. Heck, I still believe he might be able to pull a tie or a win Portugal or Spain, but...

I don't think he's the only coach that would be able to do what he has achieved considering the amount of time he has been given. Sure he might be the first coach to get Iran to the world Cup twice, but he is also only one given the opportunity to do that. Branko sacked in 06 after getting similar results as CQ, and went to the 98 WC with an intrem coach. Obviously he's better than both of those guys, but if he's going to do unprofessional things like manipulating the media to get a better deal, then I honestly don't think it's worth the headache. It's not like for the salary he gets, we can't hire coach on or close to his caliber and give him 5 years to do his thing.

Obviously I hope he does perform well with Iran this world Cup and re-signs with us, but before this world Cup, it's hard to says we have to tie down ourselves for another Four years with him.
                      Last edited by The; 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        There's no way anyone can deny what CQ has achieved with Iran. Heck, I still believe he might be able to pull a tie or a win Portugal or Spain, but...

I don't think he's the only coach that would be able to do what he has achieved considering the amount of time he has been given. Sure he might be the first coach to get Iran to the world Cup, but he has also only one given the opportunity to do that. Branko sacked in 06 after getting similar results as CQ, and went to the 98 WC with an intrem coach. Obviously he's better than both of those guys, but if he's going to do unprofessional things like manipulating the media to get a better deal, then I honestly don't think it's worth the headache. It's not like for the salary he gets, we can't hire coach on or close to his caliber and give him 5 years to do his thing.

Obviously I hope he does perform well with Iran this world Cup and re-signs with us, but before this world Cup, it's hard to says we have to tie down ourselves for another Four years with him.
                        I agree with this, he shouldnt be given new four year deal with specific wages right now. But lets face it, he should be our coach, we dont have a better option. theres no way any other soul will be convinced to deal with this horseshit on a regular basis. It would drive all of us on this board insane if we had to deal with it.

Comment

i want the 3 cq out please explain your self and be convincing, i honestly thought this thread is irrelevent, is my opnion. every football fan in iran know he is the main man for now and furture.

Comment

Bruh as an Arsenal fan I'm so tired of hearing "in" and "out"

Of course without a doubt 100% CQ in... Not even a question.

Now can Inarsenewetrust change his username to Incarloswetrust already?? Lol

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

Working...
                              X