Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard not to like and admire the man. He is a well tactical and smart coach with a great PR (Something almost 99% of our coaches lack, be it Iranian or foreign coaches employed in the country)

Not only is he a great tacticians, but also off the pitch he has a fantastic personality, barely engaging in unnecessary arguments and personal attacks.

Now, like some of you folks, I won't go as extensive and hasty as wishing him to be our next TM coach, as it's too early to make such bold calls. But I would definitely love to see him continue his coaching career in our country with any club he can work with.

Hope sooner than later all our clubs realize that hiring qualified foreign coaches can only benefit our football and youth. Hope to see more of the likes of Branko and Schaefer in Iran taking helm of our clubs!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      I was routing for SS today, of course outside the domestic league there is no Blue or Red for me. I must say I liked the game flow. Team looks much more solid than before!
      Amoo, how could a true Iranian not cheer and root for an Iranian team, no matter what the color and name of the team may be? Although unfortunately there are many people who wish defeat upon their fellow countrymen rivals in international stages (We've witnessed, Perspolisi, Esteghlali, and Sepahani members here at PFDC blatantly celebrating some of our teams failure in ACL in the past)

Comment

Agha on a side note what I love about us here in FDC is threads like. In the past week we have had 2 hardcore Perspolisi opening 2 separate threads admiring 2 Esteghlali individuals:

1) Baba Thiam by Webmaster

2) Schaefer by Amoo Adessy

This is what I call unity and good sport!

Comment

^ & ^^

Thanks and I agree

I even didn't see Webbie's thread on Thiam! Wao! Just searched it after your post, thanks. And I agree with Webbie on Thiam too.
          Happy for SS and wish them luck to represent our football well beyond our broders!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

HAPPY AND CONGRATZ to both PP and SS for reaching the knockout stage.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Mr. Schaefer is a professional and classy head coach in our League Bartar and it’s not hard to tell that his love for Iran’s passion for football is real. Respect to this man.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                HAPPY AND CONGRATZ to both PP and SS for reaching the knockout stage.
                Hallelujah!

I just wish Zobahan would have at least pulled a draw today. That late late goal disappointed. Although they still have a chance of advancing as the second team!

Comment

Winfred Shaefer has been the best thing to happen to ESES in VERY VERY VERY Long time! Its obvious the longer he stays , the better the team will become... He's like a Club version of CQ, he has long term plans and he knows how to implement them in a third world football infrastructure starved nation like Iran !

Comment

He's legit. Should be our number 1 choice for when CQ leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      Please no. He was a disaster in Cameroon, Thailand and Jamaica.

We need to aim way higher. Someone who hasn't been touched by Iranian football yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

We need to aim way higher. Someone who hasn't been touched by Iranian football yet.
                        Beggars can’t be choosers unfortunately.

We got lucky with CQ.

Comment

Bord-e-sorkh dooset darim!!!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Did you watch Jamaica prior to his takeover? They were in the worst state they had been in for a long time he got some real respectable results with them and got to the gold cup final. Thailand is not a team any cosch would be able to do anything noteworthy with so i dont see how he can be looked at as a disaster there either. He's not on CQs level but he is not someone to look at and say oh no.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Did you watch Jamaica prior to his takeover? They were in the worst state they had been in for a long time he got some real respectable results with them and got to the gold cup final. Thailand is not a team any cosch would be able to do anything noteworthy with so i dont see how he can be looked at as a disaster there either. He's not on CQs level but he is not someone to look at and say oh no.
                              It may be true, but national team coaches need to be of a much higher caliber( CQ level)

Not the level of guys like Winnie, zlatko, branko, etc

Don’t get me wrong though, they should sign this guy Long term for SS, the turnaround of the team has been phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                                I love Winnie but he is perfect for SS.
                                It will be hard to choose a replacement for CQ. If its someone on his caliber, it will likely be a former national team coach that failed elsewhere and is looking for redemption like CQ did.
                                Let says Didier Deschamps gets canned after the World Cup, someone like him could be a possibility?

Comment

Working...
                                X