This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I thought he would have been eligible as he is (still) 23. And the real issue was that Iran, like Japan, was one of the only teams basically taking an U-21 squad whereas others were taking an U-23 squad.

I thought squads had players 23 and under and the age cut off really is 24?

eg: Vietnam (6 players aged 23): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietna...#Current_squad
    North Korea (8 players aged 23): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...#Current_squad
    From what i know, you need to be under 23 by start of the tournament, i can be wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
      Lol...
      Good to know I am not the only one noticing these things. He looks like a puma...
      LMFAO, idk who you are but you add some hilarious shit to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Uzbek TV extended HD highlights:

Wow Uzbek language has a lot of farsi words in it
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
          Wow Uzbek language has a lot of farsi words in it
          something like half of uzbeks speak farsi as their mother tongue too in cities like Samarghand, Bukhara, Ferghaneh, etc. too

Comment

The tajiks living there (what's left after Stalin kicked them out) speak farsi and genetically/culturally related to us, uzbeks a different race and a turkic language.
            زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Niazmand just looks so damn dominant. Quote me on this - I love Beiro but I think Niazmand will become no 1 within 3-4 years.
              Niazmand has been great with Sepahan. For a player his age to have the confidence he has is a good sign. He has also saved Sepahan on many occasions and prevented a few bad losses for them.

I remember back in 2012 Sepahan was playing Al Ahli in Saudi Arabia. That famous dive by their player Jassim. Sepahan’s starting goalkeeper was sent off and the back up goalkeeper came in and made things worse.

My point is if Niazmand came in he would have made sure no more minor mistakes would be made. He was called up to the camp before the World Cup so he would know Carlos is watching him and that he should continue to work hard. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took that confidence boost from being in Team Melli camp from Paykan to Sepahan. Look at where he is now.

I’ll be completely honest with you, Niazmand is not phenomenal. But he sure as hell had the capability of becoming a star and an even better player in the future.

Once players start even training under Carlos, they improve. I made sound as though I’m making Carlos a bigger deal than he is but what I’m saying has validity.

Look at Pourghaz for instance. He wasn’t a starter in Team Melli but Carlos believed in him and trusted him. Pourghaz helped us qualify to the World Cup and just by being a part of TeamMelli his confidence grew.

Same goes to Kannani and Torabi. They didn’t play a major role for Team Melli but they progressed and it is evident in the league. Torabi more so than Kananni as Kananni was injured, but you get what I mean.

Carlos knows what he’s doing and you have to commend that about the man. His presence alone has been positive for our football.

Anyways I wish the best for Niazmand and I hope to see Akhbari and Hossein Hosseini calles up again too

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsaYsTpB...=1t9z6gjgavkyi

Juan Mata technically wishes Iran good luck as Iran is part of the 24 teams competing in the Asian Cup.

Comment

Brb going to get Mata's face tattooed on my back.

Comment

CQ's Army, ready for the second final of AC 2019! Everyone back at training together. ARJ is there.

Comment

https://90tv.ir/news/%D8%A2%D9%82%D8...86%D9%86%D8%AF

Someone should have asked Markar, name one of those "many" experts you are referring to!

Iran has been #1 ranked team in Asia for years. Iraq hasn't even been in top 4 or 5 in Asia in years, but somehow experts have considered Iraq as group toppers, according to Markar. and he emphasizes it too!!

Comment

More photos from the practice today. ARJ seems fully engaged. Everyone looks to be in great spirit. Go TM!

Comment

Khiabani is at it again: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsaf4HvnZ5n/

Halam beham khord

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                            Bravo Mr. Khiabani.

Iran First.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                              Khiabani is at it again: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsaf4HvnZ5n/

Halam beham khord
                              I agree - but it's not too bad in what he is saying. If it's a call for unity, then good. I think he was crying because of the ridiculous poverty in Iran. I think that's what made him emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                                https://90tv.ir/news/%D8%A2%D9%82%D8...86%D9%86%D8%AF

Someone should have asked Markar, name one of those "many" experts you are referring to!

Iran has been #1 ranked team in Asia for years. Iraq hasn't even been in top 4 or 5 in Asia in years, but somehow experts have considered Iraq as group toppers, according to Markar. and he emphasizes it too!!
                                Part of playing in a big tournament is the game of psychology. Markar knows very well that Iran is ranked much higher than Iraq and he also knows that Iran is expected to top the group. He is trying to make sure no one becomes complacent here. CQ has done the same thing. Of course I don't know what his source is for saying that most of experts (beeshtareh kaarshenaasaan) see Iraq as the number one contender for topping the group. I think he just exaggerated a bit. Markar said many good things also including the fact that everyone is united and our next final is playing against Vietnam and finally the great news that ARJ is ready to play in the Vietnam match.

Go TM!

Comment

Working...
                                X