This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    CQ will test all the players in The first 2 friendly teams vs. Palestine and Lebanon with 3-4 different line ups

in our last warm up game vs.Qatar on Dec.31 we will see our main starting squad.
    Although we won't because half the team is injured.

Comment

By then they should all be fit enough to play.

Comment

when do the clubs have to release the players according to the fifa calendar?

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          I will never ever forget the Oman game in the 2004 AC where one of the lowest moments of Iranian football history took place when 2 of our own defenders , Rahman Rezaie and Ali Baddavi got into a physical pushing fight and Rezaie slapped Baddavi in the face.

A great coach like CQ would have never allowed such ugly atmosphere in the team.
          Does anyone here remember that debacle ????

OMG what a disgrace that was.
          And I will never forget the epic 4-3 win over Korea in the same tournament.
          That was one of the best Korea team ever in an AC which had just finished
          4th in the WC. See below.
          Branko's team in 2004 scored 14 goals which tied the 1996 team in the most
          goals scored by TM in an Asian Cup tournament. Also Ali Karimi won the golden
          boot award, the last time an Iranian won that award.

Comment

Oh wow Branko is great? Too bad he didn't win the AC champions league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
              And I will never forget the epic 4-3 win over Korea in the same tournament.
              That was one of the best Korea team ever in an AC which had just finished
              4th in the WC. See below.
              Branko's team in 2004 scored 14 goals which tied the 1996 team in the most
              goals scored by TM in an Asian Cup tournament. Also Ali Karimi won the golden
              boot award, the last time an Iranian won that award.

Karimi, Daei, Nekounam, Mahdavikia, that helps a little! Especially when you had the best asian player on your team who had signed for Bayern! PS: They barely made it out of the group stage!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                The leader knows best. Nope, not a cult at all.

We heard this before the world cup, and Masoud ended up being hot garbage and had to benched for the last two games. Yet CQ keeps inviting him over and playing in a roll with alot of defensive responsibility, where Masoud as expected gets overpowered and turns the ball over.

And don't even get me started on Hajsafi as LB which cost us a goal against Portugal and a sub-par performance in many friendlies.

I don't think CQ is doing players a favor by playing them, I believe that he's human with flaws, and some of those flaws are clear in his team-selection.
                I support CQ not because I think he is a flawless angel.

The mystical man has iron work ethic, is resilient, mentors his players, builds their self confidence. He's got depth.
                As for his choice of players, I am thinking this guy has enough experience to know what he is doing. He sees the bigger picture, he must, he can't be sidetracked by TM fans.

Players like Masoud add a special "je ne sais quoi" element to the team dynamic that might not pay off instantly on the pitch or be satisfying for u at every match but he is sure a valuable chessman in CQ's longer term plan.
                If u can't help these guys atleast don't break them

Everything needs to be built from the ground up, these guys are doing it. Have patience.
                Instant gratification mentality has put the country back in the middle ages.
                Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Just watching Majid Hosseini now, this player would NOT have been picked (over eg Seyed Jalal) by most other coaches, and especially Branko.

I actually disagreed strongly on this site with CQ's decision to pick him, an untested defender, for the world cup. I didn't get it and was pissed off with CQ here. How wrong I was.

Branko, was very easily swayed by personalities (be they agents like Reza Fazeli or strong personalities within the TM camp or IFF), does even the most stringent Brankoholic genuinely think (based on his decisions for TM before) that he would have done what CQ did?

CQ hasn't just done this for Majid Hosseini but has shown his faith and trust in so many players to build the unit we have today.

BTW have to give credit where credit's due, that 4-3 against Korea was a great game and the Karimi-Mahdavikia-Kaabi axis on the right side of the pitch was absolutely lethal. Although our group stage performance was dismal and we were lucky to khodaroshokr get through, the run was the best thing that Branko did. It still does not make up for the huge damaging long term impact of his tenure, which I have discussed in detail in previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    The leader knows best. Nope, not a cult at all.
                    We heard this before the world cup, and Masoud ended up being hot garbage and had to benched for the last two games. Yet CQ keeps inviting him over and playing in a roll with alot of defensive responsibility, where Masoud as expected gets overpowered and turns the ball over.
                    And don't even get me started on Hajsafi as LB which cost us a goal against Portugal and a sub-par performance in many friendlies.
                    I don't think CQ is doing players a favor by playing them, I believe that he's human with flaws, and some of those flaws are clear in his team-selection.
                    hard to argue against that..!!
                    Carlito made a few surprising and controversial decisions heading into and during the WC ...! he was vindicated for some and some, as expected came back to bite us in the ass..!!
                    moving Amiri from LW to LCM paid off in spades..! Young, and internationally inexperienced Hossaini held his own @ CB and surprised us all with his amazing poise and composure vs some of the best offenses of the world of football..! Rezaeian performed much more admirably than expected @ RB, although he did get a ton of unmentioned defensive cover help from ARJ and Taremi on that front..!
                    but his Insistent reliant on giving Prime-time minutes to players who Clearly Lack Prime-time levels of footballing Caliber, a la Haj Safi and Ansarifard as expected backfired and could well have costed us an advancement outa of the group phase...!!
                    benching a Clearly superior attacker in Saman to make room for this hapless dude..!! and especially the utterly stupid surprise move of benching Milad at left back and AGAIN moving Ehsan from his slightly above avg. CM position to his clearly uncomfortable LB position..!
                    he was a disaster YET AGAIN in that role vs Portugal and primary person to blame for the goal conceded that essentially denied us progress outa of the group (regardless of the quality of that strike by quaresma). In fact Haj Safi has proven to have a knack for Ridan in all vital and deciding games, personally wouldnt even put him in the line up in any do-or-die game, remember his horrid performance vs Iraq at last AC..??
                    insistence on keeping and even Starting the aging and already Slow and erratic Massoud in his ultra defensive scheme of play for which he is clearly ill-suited..! I suppose he is better suited to our new, more offensive scheme of play but if he makes the final AC squad in place of a healthy gholizadeh or Torbi, i'd have to consider to be a travesty to future of our football..!
                    I really think massoud's communication skills and leadership qualities and the Classy personality must be his saving grace and biggest reason why Carlos hasnt yet put him out to pasture a la Ando, Jalal Hossaini..!?
                    Last edited by BacheLot; 12-20-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Now it is Kamyabinia's turn to talk BS about Querioz. This is all Branko's influences:

آقای کی*روش تیم ملی مگر جای بهترین و «آماده*ها» نیست؟

من این نکته را می*دانم که هر کس آماده باشد دعوت شود و هر کس که شرایط بازی را نداشته باشد نباید دعوت شود و خط بخورد. حالا نمی*دانم معیار و طرز تفکر آقای کی*روش چگونه است و هیچ کاری نمی*توان برای این مساله کرد. اگر دقت کرده باشید. همیشه گفته*اند تیم ملی که بالاترین سطح فوتبال است جای بازیکنان آماده است اما این مدت چه دیدید؟ مگر تیم ملی جای ریکاوری و درمان است؟ چرا من یکبار برای درمان نرفتم؟ مگر من جزو پروسه بازیکنانی که می گفتند نبودم؟ تیم ملی جای بهترین و البته آماده*ترینهاست و البته نمی*دانم نظر آقای کی*روش چیست.

دعوت از فرشاد احمدزاده باید در گینس ثبت شود!

فرشاد احمد*زاده بهترین بازی*ها را در پرسپولیس انجام داد اما به تیم ملی دعوت نشد اما به محض اینکه به لهستان رفت به تیم ملی دعوت شد. چند روز گذشته که با او صحبت می*کردم گفت که در جریان دعوتش به تیم ملی نیست من فکر می*کنم باید در کتاب گینس ثبت شود که فرشاد احمدزاده به تیم ملی دعوت شده است و بدون تمرین با این تیم از لیست خط می*خورد. نه تنها فرشاد که بازیکنان دیگری هم بودند که در پرسپولیس خوب بودند اما دعوت نمی*شدند و بعد از اینکه از پرسپولیس رفتند به تیم ملی راه یافتند.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/157744...B4%D9%88%D8%AF

Comment

Now you see more and more of players who haven't got the call in last year or so do such interviews, because they are assuming CQ is leaving, for this reason only i just hope Queiroz stays

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          Karimi, Daei, Nekounam, Mahdavikia, that helps a little! Especially when you had the best asian player on your team who had signed for Bayern! PS: They barely made it out of the group stage!
                          But that was the last time Iran made it into the semis of an AC and only the third time since 1980.
                          In other words Iran made it to the semis of an AC only three times in the past 38 years and Branko
                          was the last manager who did it.
                          Let's hope CQ can match this achievement in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Now it is Kamyabinia's turn to talk BS about Querioz. This is all Branko's influences:

من این نکته را می*دانم که هر کس آماده باشد دعوت شود و هر کس که شرایط بازی را نداشته باشد نباید دعوت شود و خط بخورد. حالا نمی*دانم معیار و طرز تفکر آقای کی*روش چگونه است و هیچ کاری نمی*توان برای این مساله کرد. اگر دقت کرده باشید. همیشه گفته*اند تیم ملی که بالاترین سطح فوتبال است جای بازیکنان آماده است اما این مدت چه دیدید؟ مگر تیم ملی جای ریکاوری و درمان است؟ چرا من یکبار برای درمان نرفتم؟ مگر من جزو پروسه بازیکنانی که می گفتند نبودم؟ تیم ملی جای بهترین و البته آماده*ترینهاست و البته نمی*دانم نظر آقای کی*روش چیست.

فرشاد احمد*زاده بهترین بازی*ها را در پرسپولیس انجام داد اما به تیم ملی دعوت نشد اما به محض اینکه به لهستان رفت به تیم ملی دعوت شد. چند روز گذشته که با او صحبت می*کردم گفت که در جریان دعوتش به تیم ملی نیست من فکر می*کنم باید در کتاب گینس ثبت شود که فرشاد احمدزاده به تیم ملی دعوت شده است و بدون تمرین با این تیم از لیست خط می*خورد. نه تنها فرشاد که بازیکنان دیگری هم بودند که در پرسپولیس خوب بودند اما دعوت نمی*شدند و بعد از اینکه از پرسپولیس رفتند به تیم ملی راه یافتند.

Branko is unleashing his dogs. Stupid players.

Glad that I never cared for either Kamal or Sourosh.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                              But that was the last time Iran made it into the semis of an AC and only the third time since 1980.
                              In other words Iran made it to the semis of an AC only three times in the past 38 years and Branko
                              was the last manager who did it.
                              Let's hope CQ can match this achievement in 2019.
                              Arguably with the best ever team that we've had!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Iranian football is a joke! …. It is a shame that more energy is spent on shenanigans than the actual sport.
                                Look at what Al Ain accomplished .. the same Arabs that everyone ridicule. They are so ahead of us is unbelievable.
                                When does this nation want to wake up ???

Comment

Working...
                                X