This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but has anyone seen the caliber of friendlies our Asian friends have lined up this month????

It's insane:

Argentina VS IRAQ (how the hell did this happen?)
    Saudi VS Brazil
    South Korea & Japan VS Uruguay
    Croatia VS Jordan
    Qatar VS Ecuador

Meanwhile, we're facing Bolivia
    Guess who else gets to face Bolivia? - MYANMAR lollll

No offense to them, but it's sad that we're getting the same caliber of opponents, considering our strength VS theirs.
    So what? We played Spain and Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Loooooool this Argentine team aren’t even using their best 11 XD

I would much rather face TT, Bolivia, and Venezuela since they will be using their best!
      LOL arogh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

One of our Asian group teams lost 4-0 vs. a make-shift Argentina team. 3 of the 4 scorers had scored their first goals for their country. But they got a good friendly vs. Argentina ...

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          So what? We played Spain and Portugal
          LOL yeah. Hopefully we'll constantly end up in the group of death in the World Cup, so we can face some high caliber opponents once in a while.

Comment

The Euskal Selekzoa is playing Venezuela tomorrow. With the likes of Aduriz, Martinez, Inaki Williams, Illaramendi, Manu Garcia etc....

Would be great to play some of these non-independent states because you get good experience with top level players and they are often keen to get the international validation of playing a national side so it may be easier to arrange friendlies.

Comment

Seems like we can only arrange friendlies against countries that aren't afraid of or intimidated by the US of A

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                The Euskal Selekzoa is playing Venezuela tomorrow. With the likes of Aduriz, Martinez, Inaki Williams, Illaramendi, Manu Garcia etc....

Would be great to play some of these non-independent states because you get good experience with top level players and they are often keen to get the international validation of playing a national side so it may be easier to arrange friendlies.
                That's what I said prior to WC. Catalunya and Basque country are good option.

Comment

Good thing it was only a friendly and they lost 4-0. Probably would’ve been 8-0 had they had their A-team. Now the biggest task remains to tell khareji people that we weren’t the ones who lost 4-0!

Comment

We played one of them in the past, forgot which one exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                      Seems like we can only arrange friendlies against countries that aren't afraid of or intimidated by the US of A
                      Correct...the US still has a lot of pull economically, and can muscle and bully other nations around. Having said that, I think the world is starting to stand up to their bullying tactics (at least in principle and word) and we'll see if that translates to action at some point.

Comment

Morteza Pouraliganji out for two months...this really sucks. I hope we will be fit and back in time for Asia Cup. Now its Chesmis time to prove himself and show what he is capable of. Lets see.

Comment

Great to see the boys back together!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            We played one of them in the past, forgot which one exactly...

We played against Galicia, which wasn't a bad game in itself. Mostly La Liga players.

Comment

Thats a big blow for pag. If he is back by dec. He wont be in top shape by asian cup
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

i think if he is back by december he will still have maybe 2-3 weeks to prepare for asia cup. CQ counts on him. worst care he will maybe be out for the first match but im pretty sure he will play. it will be hopefully a long tournament so we will need him. two months from now means mid december. so almost still 4 weeks till our first game, maybe he can even get one ore two more games before he leaves for TM camp. Now cheshmi gotta confirm his solid performance against morocco.

btw south korea just beat uruguay 2-1 while they played with some of their star players such as cavani,muslera,godin,bentacour,torreiro,caceres... not bad

Comment

Working...
                                X