X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    With all due respect
    You are either too naive or just purposely ignorant about this subject.
    I tired and tried to change this topic but now I can’t.
    It doesn’t matter if you are born in Germany,in the eyes of the white Germans with
    German last names ,You will never be considered one of them, ever.
    Just ask Mesut Ozil,Sami Khadeira,Saneh and many others much more high profile and famous “Germans”.
    That is the true harsh reality about living in Europe.
    I think you're confusing ethnicity with nationality. One can be genetically not Germanic, but still just as German cultural/nationality-wise as any ethnic Germans.

Also, we should stop talking about this here and continue this discussion in the General forum.

Comment

Bolivia Game

In an attempt to switch the conversation from ethnicity to TM - Bolivia friendly confirmed! Makes me happy to see something booked in such financially strict times

Comment

Any South American team is good enough for TM, as long they bring their A squad and put on their A game!

But Im still scratching my head with IFF, their are 220 countries around the world 70 of them good enough for TM to play with, countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Romania, Slovakia, Peru, Venezuela, Iceland, etc. Not sure why Iff doesn't target countries that are neutral to send invites?.. Are we to assume 95% of the world doesn't want to play us?? or is it an incompetency issue?..

Comment

I agree as I said let’s stick to TM issues

The Bolivia game is a good friendly but I sure hope we can also play another friendly on October 12 hopefully

Vs. Australia.

Comment

The issue is european sides now have nations league which makes it very hard to arrange friendlies with them. African sides have African Cup of nations Qualification. The only continents without competitive matches atm are North + South America and Asia.

If armenia, Romania, Turkey (again), Macedonia, Montenegro have a free matchday a friendly with any of them would be solid and attainable.

From North America, Canada is a good bet. They have some good young players like Larin (Besiktas), Alphonso Davies (Bayern), David (Gent), Millar (liverpool Youth) to go with more experienced PL players like Hoilett and Arfield, and ofc the usual MLS guys. It would be a good test, and probably an attractive friendly for them to for diplomatic and social reasons, in addition to sporting ones.

Costa Rica is another option. Seems they are down with playing asian sides recently.

From S. America Bolivia is ok. Ecuador/Peru would be great but difficult to set up, so I guess not that realistic.

Overall there are options for IFF but they are limited. I think we have space for 4-5 more matches before asian cup. Id like to see Bolivia, Romania, Macedonia, Canada, and then if possible Australia.

Comment

On another note: I would love to see 3 stars on our Asian Cup Jerseys! This is very important, intimidating to opponents and shows our pedigree in this competition !

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                On another note: I would love to see 3 stars on our Asian Cup Jerseys! This is very important, intimidating to opponents and shows our pedigree in this competition !
                Very good idea I like it! Eeroni for IFF president!
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  It doesn't even matter if he traveled back and forth or not as his decision had nothing to do with what country he felt closer with. He sold himself to the highest bidder with the winning bid being a World Cup spot.
                  Didn't we all sell ourselves in one way or another for a personal benefit, KC? Aren't you a naturalized US citizen who lives in Missouri? For example, I'm a naturalized US citizen who lives in Michigan. Prior to that I just had a greencard and my Iranian passport in hand. Just for the benefit of becoming a US citizen I opted for the passport and in order to do that, all naturalized citizens have to vow to only be loyal to the US regardless if we hold on to our initial or former citizenship.

If so, you're gonna call me a vatan foroush and everyone else on here who opted for another citizenship for personal gain.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                    Didn't we all sell ourselves in one way or another for a personal benefit, KC? Aren't you a naturalized US citizen who lives in Missouri? For example, I'm a naturalized US citizen who lives in Michigan. Prior to that I just had a greencard and my Iranian passport in hand. Just for the benefit of becoming a US citizen I opted for the passport and in order to do that, all naturalized citizens have to vow to only be loyal to the US regardless if we hold on to our initial or former citizenship.

If so, you're gonna call me a vatan foroush and everyone else on here who opted for another citizenship for personal gain.
                    Did you declare yourself available to the highest bidder? If not, this isn't comparable to Arzani.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      Did you declare yourself available to the highest bidder? If not, this isn't comparable to Arzani.
                      I think the "selling yourself for personal benefit" pretty accurately covers that.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I think the "selling yourself for personal benefit" pretty accurately covers that.
                        It was a question, not an accurate statement, which I answered.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Very good idea I like it! Eeroni for IFF president!
                          Well if you look at Egypt they have the 5 stars on their Jerseys for winning the African Nations cup, so its only logical for us to do the same, Its actually a requirement !

Comment

Can we please stop with the nationality arguments nonsense in a TM news thread? The same freedom of speech/opinion you have in your views, other people also have in their ability to represent multiple countries.

Comment

FIFA ranking September
                              https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...e/men/afc.html

33 Iran
                              43 Australia
                              54 Japan
                              55 South Korea
                              71 Saudi Arabia
                              74 Syria
                              76 China
                              77 Lebanon
                              77 UAE
                              85 Oman

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                                Would look really sweet; might put some pressure on our players though and remind them we haven’t won it in 40 years

Comment

Working...
                                X