X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
    ^^ Azmoun will bounce back, you all just wait and see
    So excited for him to score some goals against Tosno and Arsenal Tula this year! Outside of a transfer out of Russian league, this year is a waste, guaranteed.

Comment

Here we go again

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/21...sardar-azmoun/

Comment

^^ And i still say it would be a good move. He will get playtime & can eventually get a PL transfer (just like defender virgil van dijk).
        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

The original article just proposes that Celtic are looking for an extra striker and is just reviewing the previous rumours that have been this transfer window: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...trick-roberts/.
          This is quite evident when it says that 10 million pounds (11 million euros) is the pricetag which is too low compared to what Lazio wanted to pay.

Comment

Staying in Kazan will ensure him almost certain playing time this season (berdeyev + jonathas departure), plus Russian league ends 6+ weeks ahead of wc. These are the greatest possible conditions for a great wc, whereas changing the league now would be a huge risk.
            The offers he will get after wc will blow the current ones out of the water.
            And needless to say that he is going to earn way more this season staying.

So why should he move to celtic or Lazio again?

Comment

^^ good thoughts
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                Staying in Kazan will ensure him almost certain playing time this season (berdeyev + jonathas departure), plus Russian league ends 6+ weeks ahead of wc. These are the greatest possible conditions for a great wc, whereas changing the league now would be a huge risk.
                The offers he will get after wc will blow the current ones out of the water.
                And needless to say that he is going to earn way more this season staying.

So why should he move to celtic or Lazio again?
                It is far from certain

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  It is far from certain
                  Very far indeed, he probably wont score more than 1-2 goals if he even scores in the WC. He should take whatever offer he has right now if he wants to develop further this year.

Comment

i think its ridiculous to take it easy in the year before the world cup while every other player is busting their asses off in their clubs to get noticed and get playing time. not talking about iran only but also other players from other countries. its just a lazy and lame excuse.. if your worth to play you play, if not you dont.. its that simple.

Comment

apparently berdyev is interested in Ozbiliz, attacking mid from Besiktas. He is actually a quality player who has experience in russian league. Him and Noboa would really be an upgrade for sardar's service. They could actually challenge for the league if they got those two.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        apparently berdyev is interested in Ozbiliz, attacking mid from Besiktas. He is actually a quality player who has experience in russian league. Him and Noboa would really be an upgrade for sardar's service. They could actually challenge for the league if they got those two.
                        Lol, the "service to Sardar" argument comes again. I thought the former Barcelona midfielder Alex Song would be the one providing Sardar service? Weren't we all really excited about M'Vila and Song and Lestienne and the whole cast dropping the ball for Sardar?

For people who didn't read something I wrote 50 pages ago, let me repost it here. Russian league is where players' careers go to die. Other than a handful of foreign players in the league's entire history, the Russian league has not sent much talent to better leagues. Most of the top quality players have either arrived from, or left to China/Arabestan. If you check the major foreign players who have played in the league, they get stuck in a sort of quagmire or swamp like quicksand and stay in Russia for 5 years or more. Kind of like how Arabestan has been for our players like Dejagah and others. They can't escape for some reason, probably money/comfort.

So, even if Rubin sign Paul Pogba, history will indicate that even if he is the best player in the league, he will be playing for Guangzhou Evergrande when his second contract is up in 2025. That is the history of the Russian league. Like Hotel California, you can check in any time you want, but you can never leave.

Sardar's service won't get better even if Berdyev buys great talent and buys back half of Rostov's 2016 lineup. Berdyev is an anti-football manager that many have rightly pointed out can frustrate top teams with his defensive tactics, but often drops games to minnows. Unlikely to win the league with this track record. This inconsistency against weak teams has followed Berdyev the last few seasons. He was only successful in a period where what he was doing was "new". Now teams have figured him out.

The only good signing we can hear about is Sardar signing with another team. Rubin is a lost cause. Sardar will have to pull himself up from the quicksand, but it will be difficult now that he is neck-deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                          Lol, the "service to Sardar" argument comes again. I thought the former Barcelona midfielder Alex Song would be the one providing Sardar service? Weren't we all really excited about M'Vila and Song and Lestienne and the whole cast dropping the ball for Sardar?

For people who didn't read something I wrote 50 pages ago, let me repost it here. Russian league is where players' careers go to die. Other than a handful of foreign players in the league's entire history, the Russian league has not sent much talent to better leagues. Most of the top quality players have either arrived from, or left to China/Arabestan. If you check the major foreign players who have played in the league, they get stuck in a sort of quagmire or swamp like quicksand and stay in Russia for 5 years or more. Kind of like how Arabestan has been for our players like Dejagah and others. They can't escape for some reason, probably money/comfort.

So, even if Rubin sign Paul Pogba, history will indicate that even if he is the best player in the league, he will be playing for Guangzhou Evergrande when his second contract is up in 2025. That is the history of the Russian league. Like Hotel California, you can check in any time you want, but you can never leave.

Sardar's service won't get better even if Berdyev buys great talent and buys back half of Rostov's 2016 lineup. Berdyev is an anti-football manager that many have rightly pointed out can frustrate top teams with his defensive tactics, but often drops games to minnows. Unlikely to win the league with this track record. This inconsistency against weak teams has followed Berdyev the last few seasons. He was only successful in a period where what he was doing was "new". Now teams have figured him out.

The only good signing we can hear about is Sardar signing with another team. Rubin is a lost cause. Sardar will have to pull himself up from the quicksand, but it will be difficult now that he is neck-deep.
                          thats a fair enough analysis. But I will go back to what I said at the beginning of the summer. Staying at Rubin with Berdyev one more season is not that bad of a thing. Many talents have moved out of russian league at sardar's age and have really struggled in bigger leagues. ( most current example being that of ahmed musa who has flopped at leicester after being top scorer in RPL ) . If sardar stays for one season ( anything more and I will totally agree with any criticism leveled at sardar ) , he will continue to develop in a calm environment, and definitely be ready for WC as he does not have to go get adjust to a new environment which itself will takes months. With the WC as his big stage this year, if he performs there, he will get offers because teams will look at his CL performances and WC performances and not put as much weight into RPL performance bc at that point the talent is proven.

Sardar is the biggest talent of his generation, and although a little childish, acting pretty normal for footballers his age. We need to get behind our number 9 now !

Comment

thats a fair enough analysis. But I will go back to what I said at the beginning of the summer. Staying at Rubin with Berdyev one more season is not that bad of a thing. Many talents have moved out of russian league at sardar's age and have really struggled in bigger leagues. ( most current example being that of ahmed musa who has flopped at leicester after being top scorer in RPL ) . If sardar stays for one season ( anything more and I will totally agree with any criticism leveled at sardar ) , he will continue to develop in a calm environment, and definitely be ready for WC as he does not have to go get adjust to a new environment which itself will takes months. With the WC as his big stage this year, if he performs there, he will get offers because teams will look at his CL performances and WC performances and not put as much weight into RPL performance bc at that point the talent is proven.

Sardar is the biggest talent of his generation, and although a little childish, acting pretty normal for footballers his age. We need to get behind our number 9 now !
                            Fair, but again, it is not players of Sardar's age leaving Russia to not find success. It is players of all ages in that league seem to go nowhere after. I don't know of many players that have stopped in Russia along the way who are prospering top clubs at the moment. If someone can find me 5 examples of this, I will concede, but I honestly don't think that's happened in the history of the league. That is what scares me.

Holland is weaker as a league at the moment, but how many players in the last 5 years have left Holland for bigger leagues and prospered? Yes, some have failed, but many have succeeded. I don't see this in Russia.

Again, I hope you're right, but I can't help my fear for his career. History is not on his side, and I am not banking on World Cup being his saving grace. If that is what he is thinking, he will likely be in for a big surprise. If Sardar is worth any less than 18 million next year, he will not sell. Rubin will not take a loss like that. We have to bank on his World Cup being as attention-grabbing as his Champion's League performances, which are the reason for his current surge in value.

I respect your optimism, but this is a dangerous game he's playing with his career. I've come to terms with him being a Rubin player this year, but don't expect him to leave next year. I really don't believe it will happen at this point, barring a James Rodriguez-like World Cup, and even then, we know that teams don't put much emphasis on tournaments anymore. A subpar season will prevent a move next year, in reality.

Comment

Didn't Beşiktaş offer him and another player plus some money to Rubin in exchange for Azmoun, but they declined?

Comment

Most of the members on this forum are so damn pessimistic it's scary. I'm worried for them in their personal lives because with that outlook on life you're gonna have a bad time Sardar is gonna have a succesfull season with Rubin and continue to kill it in the world cup. After that he WILL get offers that are better than the Latzio offer and Rubins asking price will be around 30 M which will put him on the map in European football and also make him Iran's most expensive. Don't you pessimists worry, Sardar's a shark!

Comment

Working...
                                X