This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    23 goals in 36 matches! Definitely at first glance for TM very consistent. On closer look 10 of his goals were in friendlies. 9 of his competitive goals came against Syria, India, Guam, and Turkmenistan. In 2018 he has scored once in 6 matches...food for thought.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
    People are quick to forget we previously had trouble scoring against teams like that.

Comment

I still think Azmoun is our most intrinsically gifted player, the one which has the raw talent as a striker to become world class.

But time is running short for him to get the right mentor figures and psychological support, and to grow up. He can still be reasonably successful with his current level of immaturity , but it would still be a shame. He is still young, let's hope he has an epiphany.

Comment

23 goals in 36 matches! Definitely at first glance for TM very consistent. On closer look 10 of his goals were in friendlies. 9 of his competitive goals came against Syria, India, Guam, and Turkmenistan. In 2018 he has scored once in 6 matches...food for thought.

Naaaaaaar, I ain't having people try and manipulate a narrative against Sardar at this time when everyone is already lining up to knock him. Let me address your points individually...

23 Goals in 36 Caps is more than just 'very consistent', it's in a league of its own [alongside Ali Daei] and by quite some margin ahead of the likes of EVERY SINGLE OTHER goalscorer in the history of TM. Let's just think about that for a second.

10 of his goals were in friendlies? Great, that's 43% of his goals. Since 2015, 50% of TMs games have been friendlies so that would explain it. He averages 120 mins per goal in competitive football, 80 mins per goal in friendly football, this doesn't indicate some sort of flat-track bully who can't cope in a competitive environment. Not that that was ever in question given he's already performed at levels most Iranian players can only dream about, all at the age of 23.

In 2018, he's scored twice (Lithuania and Algeria), making him the team's top scorer alongside Gholi.

Criticise his IG posts, criticise his career choices, criticise his hairstyle, criticise absolutely everything and anything that the boy does off a football pitch but when he's wearing that TM shirt, he's nothing but gold and he's proved it relentlessly over a timespan that is beyond refute. Players like Karim and ARJ obviously deserve every bit of praise for their professionalism and work-rate but even they have been unable to attain the levels Sardar has when it really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          Ok let's all back up. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't gotten to see him in a big league, but the criticism is overboard.

This is a guy who became too famous, too fast, and unfortunately didn't have the family support system, leadership or maturity to deal with it all. people turned him into a star before the performances justified it on the pitch. Do not forget that we don't even know the details behind these supposed "transfer" possibilities to big clubs. These are rumors and second-hand reports. Even if he got big offers, there may have been other factors in play that we don't know about (for example they may have asked him to come on and be a 3rd string striker). Silly example maybe but my point is we can't just ASSUME he got this big fat awesome offer and decided not to take it because he enjoyed the comforts of russia.

Second, he's only 23 years old. He has potentially 2 world cups left in him. At the end of the day, what has he done wrong? He crushed it for us in the asian cup and in qualifiers, he had a great performance in the champions league, he went to europe at age 18... this isn't a BUM we're talking about, like Payam Sadeghian. This is someone who fought for his career and cares. So we're going to rip him to shreds for not getting us to the 2nd round of the world cup and because his body language was poor? Because the olagh internet army aka iranians on instagram said horrific things about him and his family and he came apart? athletes have literally never had to deal with this much criticism and scrutiny.

Third, he's immensely talented, it's clear for everyone to see. This isn't mobali, or borhani, or nikbakht, or some other "borderline" star that TM fans have overhyped. The talent is real and obvious and speaks for itself in the form of an incredible scoring streak at the TM level. In terms of pure football talent I put him in the top 4-5 team melli players I've ever seen. He's worth not giving up on.

It's shocking and sad to see people tear him down like this. He's an immature little diva and I'd love to give him a hard smack myself and make him delete his instagram and get in the gym. I only wish he had a top manager, agent, and leadership around him. The vicious comments and attacks have to stop....we can't abandon our heroes!
          I was with you until you said Mobali was over-hyped. Best FK taker I've ever seen wear a TM shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Parham10 View Post
            People are quick to forget we previously had trouble scoring against teams like that.
            Actually we still have trouble scoring lol

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Parham10 View Post
              I think people are also quick to forget that we used to have strikers like Ali Daei and Hashemian.

Comment

Actually we still have trouble scoring lol

I guess people forgot that we beat Morocco with an own goal and tied Portugal from a PK... a bit disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                  I think people are also quick to forget that we used to have strikers like Ali Daei and Hashemian.
                  Guys let's not forget that Azmoun has scored against the best opposition out of all current and past team Melli players at the age of 22 (besides Nekounam who scored against Real Madrid). As much as I love and appreciate Daei, Hashemian, Gucci, etc... None of them were able to do that!

He scored against atlético Madrid and bayern Munich in the champions league. Did you guys forget that already? There's a reason teams like Liverpool and Arsenal have repeatedly been linked with him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                    The speed at which everyone turned on this guy is shocking.

He's been our most consistent performer for years.
                    Not really man, we've been dealing and tolerating with his BS for well over a year. Everyone supported him through the WC, we even attended to his attention seeking after the Spain game by sending so many supportive messages and people even made him a video.

Him quitting like a little bitch and disrespecting the TM shirt/fans was the last straw for many here, especially as some of us have spent so much time and effort supporting and hyping this guy up.

Comment

1- I truly appreciate all that Sardar had done for TM
                      2- He is still the best striker talent we have in TM ... and unrealized talent will not help our team
                      2- He did not meet or exceed the expectations in WC, his performance was quite ordinary
                      3- His response to the criticism once again showed that he has significant work to do in the area of being a professional in spite of circumstances
                      4- An opening could come about if he transfers to a better league in Europe and finds a personal mentor/coach outside his immediate family
                      5- I could only hope that he makes the best choices with urgency since he will only get older

Comment

Start looking for a new striker !

Sardar, on his insta live when people started calling him a bluff, he swear on his mother's life that he won't play in team melli for upcoming asian games! Didn't think he was this childish and idiot to make such decision !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                          Not really man, we've been dealing and tolerating with his BS for well over a year. Everyone supported him through the WC, we even attended to his attention seeking after the Spain game by sending so many supportive messages and people even made him a video.
                          Him quitting like a little bitch and disrespecting the TM shirt/fans was the last straw for many here, especially as some of us have spent so much time and effort supporting and hyping this guy up.
                          right on ..!! especially the bold...!!
                          he can fk right off back to *** edited***!! he obviously still has much growing up to do..!!
                          yet another reason to hope we secure long term contract for CQ, cause there is no way Sardar will get another call-up to TM again under him after yet another disgusting, public flaking out by him .!!
                          just push up Ghodoos/Taremi and make them the focal point of our attacking line and we still have plenty of quality, young and upcoming Winger/attackers to provide them support..!
                          Sardar's absence from TM will certainly further devalue him as a transfer prospect and will likely further motivate Kazan to ship him off this summer even if at steep discount, knowing otherwise they could well be stuck with him for foreseeable future..!!

LANGUAGE PLZ!
                          Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 07-14-2018, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                            Guys let's not forget that Azmoun has scored against the best opposition out of all current and past team Melli players at the age of 22 (besides Nekounam who scored against Real Madrid). As much as I love and appreciate Daei, Hashemian, Gucci, etc... None of them were able to do that!

He scored against atlético Madrid and bayern Munich in the champions league. Did you guys forget that already? There's a reason teams like Liverpool and Arsenal have repeatedly been linked with him.

No one is doubting his commitment and dedication to Rubin Kazan...it's his TM game that has left us questioning things.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

No one is doubting his commitment and dedication to Rubin Kazan...it's his TM game that has left us questioning things.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              If anything he's been better for team Melli than his clubs. Also he scored those goals I mentioned for Rostov not Rubin.

Also, I thought he was good this world cup? I don't see why everyone is criticizing him. I don't remember any Spanish, Moroccan, or Portuguese strikers playing better than him.

Comment

Sardar was good this world cup, within the context of our system he did the utmost he could and I thought he was great from where I was watching him in the stadium. Check his running stats, for a striker he covered more ground than almost any other forward in the group stages. He hassled defenders in set piece situations and drew defenders towards him throughout the matches.

He defended from the front. The only other player I guess I could compare him to in this WC was Giroud (who although he hasn't scored, his presence has made France a completely different team since the beginning of the world cup and has created balance in the team), though they are very different as players.

He got needless criticism from people who think his only goal is to shoot and score.

His problem is that he should have been able to ignore the criticism, not let it get to him. Not every TM fan is a football expert, so people who don't appreciate his contribution should just be ignored. The only opinion which matters is what he feels he did, and the opinion of his coaches.

He needs a psychologist, and a mentor. It would be the biggest shame if this talent:

A) Is not appreciated fully by fans for what he brings to TM
                                B) Goes to waste because of his own immaturity and fragility

Comment

Working...
                                X