Team Melli Adidas "Sponsorship"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
    So Iran has a rule that says foreigners investing in Iran have to produce % of their products in Iran (one way to help the economy), so whomever comes to Iran has to produce some of Iran jerseys in Iran. I wont be surprised if Team Melli kits are the real deal and all other ones are made in Iran.
    Bro of course, everything we as fans buy in Iran is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
      I don't get it. Adidas and Uhlsport are both German brands. How come Adidas is affected by sanctions but Uhlsport isn't?
      Originally posted by diz View Post
      It has to do with what percentage of their company is US based. If less than 10% (if I recall correctly) is based in the US, then they are not affected by US santions.
      If a contract is signed, it will be with a UAE based ME distributer and not Uhlsport directly.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
        If a contract is signed, it will be with a UAE based ME distributer and not Uhlsport directly.
        Couldn't they do the same with Adidas then?

Comment

uhlsport hq dont care but adidas does. uhlsport insnt big in the us so not a bad choice. better then majeloo saipa or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
            Couldn't they do the same with Adidas then?
            Distribution and representation agreements are much more controlled under brands like Adidas and sponsorships almost always done centrally.
            It’s likely that Uhlsport has more relaxed agreements with their distributors, if anything happens with Uhlsport again, it definitely won’t be a formal sponsorship, prob another attempt by the ME distributor to make profits via bulk sales inside Iran using it’s TM ‘sponsorship’ as a local marketing attempt.
            Last edited by jahandoost; 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

What should happen considering the current climate:
              Partnering an existing 2nd tier Iranian brand with a leading Chinese sportswear company to produce garments inside Iran and utilise TM and other disciplines to establish a semi-decent national sportswear brand.

Comment

Nike's new and seemingly controversial add campaign featuring Kaepernick (who I admire for his stance and humanity). "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything. Just do it."

Only problem is: Nike didn't "believe" in or "sacrifice" anything when it came to sending 24 pairs of football cleats to WC players in Russia. They folded like paper tigers. They are simply using Colin to make more money. At least I'm glad Colin is getting a piece of it now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/03/s...nick-nike.html

Comment

Nike's new and seemingly controversial add campaign featuring Kaepernick (who I admire for his stance and humanity). "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything. Just do it."
                  Only problem is: Nike didn't "believe" in or "sacrifice" anything when it came to sending 24 pairs of football cleats to WC players in Russia. They folded like paper tigers. They are simply using Colin to make more money. At least I'm glad Colin is getting a piece of it now.
                  Nike sponsors many russian teams. Spartak Moscow, Zenit as well as others. So they have a market to sell to in Russia
                  And yes Nike is a public company. All they care about is money. That goes for all publicly traded companies.

Out of all these companies that don't sponsor us is there any that want to? Maybe the Iranian market isn't worth it for any of them.

Comment

I am absolutely sure, that beside the US-Sanctions, the missing copyright in Iran plays a huge role.
                    Do we have any news regarding the process with the Uhlsport Shirts?
                    What is the plan, if Uhlsport can´t provide us the quality we are seeking for?
                    I mean, there are not just the big three you can choose.

Let´s have a realistic view on which brand, could sponsor us:
                    - Lotto Sport - They already have been sponsoring an Iranian team (Sepahan)
                    - Hummel Sport - This Danish brand has nearly no business in the US - therefore doesn´t need to worry about the fact of losing business there. Currently sponsor of SC Freiburg in Germany.
                    - Le coq sportive - A French brand which used to be pretty strong on the African market
                    - Joma - This Spanish brand is currently sponsoring Romania and Honduras NT
                    - Diadora - This Italian brand is part of the Geox Group, which has huge business in the US
                    - Jako Sport - A German brand with a nice quality (my personal opinion). Sponsor of the Iraq NT
                    - Mitre Sport - A British company. Highly doubt they would become our sponsor
                    - Kelme Sport - Spanish Brand. Used to be in the mid 90´s the sponsor of Real Madrid
                    - Reusch - A German brand focused on GK. They nevertheless can manufacture Shirts too
                    - Penalty - Brazilian Brand (to be honest, never saw anything of them)
                    - Errea - Italian brand, currently sponsoring Iceland
                    - X Blades - Australian Brand, absolute no presence outside of Australia
                    - Legea – Please not… LOL!
                    - Erima – A very historical German Brand. Was the sponsor of the German NT in 1974 when they became champion
                    - Kappa – Will the Mullahs accept a logo showing a women leaning on a man without dying?
                    - Warrior – British Company who was the sponsor of FC Liverpool
                    - Saller Sport – German Manufacturer
                    - Patrick Sport – Belgium Brand
                    - Derby Star – Manufacturer of one of the best Balls on the globe. Sponsor of the Bundesliga (Balls). Offering also shirts
                    - Burrda Sport – Swiss Company which was sold to Qatar. Has been 2014 the sponsor of the Belgium NT
                    - Do you Football – Nice alternate to the big and known brands

We have so much choice. Do we really have to beg and run behind Adidas?

Comment

I think the best scenario right now for IFF is to manufacturer their own kits to CQ specification and requirements via China. Southhampton and AS Roma did it for a season and it worked well for them.

At this point, it's become apparent that no decent manufacturer will sponsor us and all the ones that will are pretty much crap.

Comment

So I assume we will be wearing Adidas tomorrow?

Comment

Put yourself in their shoes. Nike is an American company, their biggest market by far is America. If anything they are obliged to take their own country’s side. Plus with Trump being the vicious president, there would have been a huge smear campaign against them for having sided with an arch enemy of their nation .

Business language is always $$$$$ and rations , not emotions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                            Nike sponsors many russian teams. Spartak Moscow, Zenit as well as others. So they have a market to sell to in Russia
                            And yes Nike is a public company. All they care about is money. That goes for all publicly traded companies.

Out of all these companies that don't sponsor us is there any that want to? Maybe the Iranian market isn't worth it for any of them.
                            It’s always fascinating to see how emotional public reacts to these corporations and global businesses strategies. Nike, Adidas, Puma etc are not in business to prove their compassion and human rights or what not. They’re in business to make money. It’s always been that way and it always stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              Put yourself in their shoes. Nike is an American company, their biggest market by far is America. If anything they are obliged to take their own country’s side. Plus with Trump being the vicious president, there would have been a huge smear campaign against them for having sided with an arch enemy of their nation .

Business language is always $$$$$ and rations , not emotions...

Clearly, businesses like Nike are run, motivated, and empowered by money...that's the definition of capitalism and the US economy. No one, including myself, is expecting Nike (or Adidas, Puma, Under Armour, etc) to behave otherwise in the face of crippling US sanctions. However, my contention is with Nike's new ad campaign specifically, co-opting Kap's courageous stance and translating that into "believing" and "sacrificing", which are things that capitalist companies (especially Nike) simply don't follow as it doesn't translate into a profit for their shareholders.

Comment

However, my contention is with Nike's new ad campaign specifically, co-opting Kap's courageous stance and translating that into "believing" and "sacrificing", which are things that capitalist companies (especially Nike) simply don't follow as it doesn't translate into a profit for their shareholders.
                                They actually would, so long as it is in line with the basics of their own citizens rights and first amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X