This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Jeez guys, you have a whole thread on this and didn't know he played for Sweden and hasn't been eligible to play for Iran since December!

I think he would have been a good addition to TM with Ashkan and Masoud most likely out after the World Cup, if not before. Not to mention he would have been a good option for Torabi or Amiri tried as a LW and let's face it JB has never really impressed on TM either and could have used some competition in RW.

Why CQ didn't snap him up, who knows... maybe he figured he's a only forward and we have too many of those already?
    Now the 1800th time we had to clarify he is still eligible. Seems like you're the one who doesn't know

Comment

Sweet mother of god guys! Just because it was a friendly match it doesn't mean he's automatically eligible to play for Iran. You lose eligibility as soon as you pick a national association to play for - Saman did that in December.

To be eligible to play for Iran now, he has to file a special request with FIFA and until that request is reviewed and accepted he is not eligible to play for Iran... and without any precedence and Iran's lack of recognition of dual nationalities this is not a 100% pre-determined thing.

Not to mention that as soon as he files that request he also becomes ineligible to play for Sweden until the review is completed... it didn't sound from the interview like he wanted to go through that process.

So for all intents and purposes he is not eligible to play for Iran and won't be unless, 1- he changes his mind about playing for Sweden AND 2 - he files a request to switch nationalities and 3 - That request is approved by the player status committee of FIFA.
      Last edited by Bi-honar; 04-04-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

sorry guys it's over I think. he says he has joined and been invited to Sweden NT.
        قدوس:گفتند کی*روش تو را زیر نظر دارد اما پیشنهاد جدی نشد/دوست دارم ایران در جام جهانی با سوئد همگروه شود

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=350463
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Sweet mother of god guys! Just because it was a friendly match it doesn't mean he's automatically eligible to play for Iran. You lose eligibility as soon as you pick a national association to play for - Saman did that in December.

To be eligible to play for Iran now, he has to file a special request with FIFA and until that request is reviewed and accepted he is not eligible to play for Iran... and without any precedence and Iran's lack of recognition of dual nationalities this is not a 100% pre-determined thing.

Not to mention that as soon as he files that request he also becomes ineligible to play for Sweden until the review is completed... it didn't sound from the interview like he wanted to go through that process.

So for all intents and purposes he is not eligible to play for Iran and won't be unless, 1- he changes his mind about playing for Sweden AND 2 - he files a request to switch nationalities and 3 - That request is approved by the player status committee of FIFA.
          Sentence from Diego Costa's Wikipedia page. I don't think there is a laborious review process just a simple official request.

FIFA regulations currently permit players with more than one nationality to represent a second country if, like Costa, he had only represented his first country in friendly matches.

Comment

damn !! Imagine him instead of Vahid Amiri ... I wished CQ made a move earlier.

Comment

Lots of examples of those who played friendlies with national team but changed i.e. Thiago Motta

Comment

Dude, that's the same article and interview posted by others earlier in this thread!

The fact is still that this hasn't been said anywhere in the Swedish media, plus in the article they say his age wrong! He supposedly says he's 20 in the article while he's actually 23. So I'm still not sure this interview is real!

But yeah....if we have lost him, it's all CQ to blame!

Comment

^ ok, I didn't see that. And it is farsnews afterall. let's see.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    ^ ok, I didn't see that. And it is farsnews afterall. let's see.

thanks
                    Hopefully he picks Iran!

A dream offensive lineup ...

------------------------------------Azmoun---------------------------------
                    ------------Saman Gh------Taremi/Karim/Dejagah---------------ARJ----

Comment

If CQ wants to call him up, we will make it work and he can be capped by TM as well. He just played in friendlies and is still officially eligible for both countries

Comment

^ I really do like the guy and I think CQ must be on him NOW and not later. As he is a HOT prospect and I am almost never wrong about talented players. This guy will do magic no questions about it.

Comment

People with Instagram accounts should pay a visit to his instagram, asking him to wait!

I know it's a bit selfish (he should decide his life based on his own will), but at least he'll know there are many people wanting him to join TM!

Comment

Talking about his instagram....

LOL@ the people commenting on his photos:

"ینی نری ایران شیرمو حلالت نمیکنم .اینو از طرف مادرت گفتم"

Comment

Just fyi, so far there's nothing in Swedish media about these quotes, which definitely would be news since he's one of Allsvenskans hot topics. Let's wait and see if this source holds any merit.

Somebody @ Pezhman from Gol Bezan and/or get him to forward this to Fotbollskanalen who can ask him to confirm it if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                Talking about his instagram....
                                LOL@ the people commenting on his photos:
                                lmao...!!
                                sounds like something my mom always threatens me with...!

ps

what probably really happened is that Carlos approached him waaaay back when he was just beginning to become a phenomenon in a weakAss Second division of sweden, well before Sweden invite ..!
                                Carlos/or his representetive, lets him know that he is on his radar and that they are monitoring him for a possible future invite..!
                                The biggest purpose of such an Informal INITIAL approach ,especially from CQ's perspective, is not only to acknowledge the kid's talent But its MORE TO SEE HOW EAGER HE IS for a Possible TM representation..!?
                                (you'll have go back quiet a few pages to more like the beginning of this thread ) but from my recollections based on all the media/rumors going about, Saman's Reply to say the least was Bit LESS THAN ENTHUSIASTIC ..!?
                                THEN
                                He gets invited to sweden's national team ..!

THEN
                                he suddenly exposes his love for TM and possibility of reppin us (on an Insta post) after already playing a couple of friendlies with Sweden..!!

THEN he really explodes into the Swedish football Scene and
                                NOW we all are Mad @ CQ's for not going after him harder and Not Sending him A Formal invite to begin with ...! Back when He wasnt nearly the recognized top talent that he is now and back when by most accounts Saman HAD NOT YET shown that he was too eager to Join TM and that according to all rumors and news spreading back then THAT HE SAID THAT HE WAS STILL WEIGHING HIS OPTIONS..!
                                if so, that explains why CQ traveled all the way to England to meet and watch another possible future invitee RawYAWN, Reza and ARJ But didnt bother to make a quick Pit stop @ Sweden..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X