• Show
Clear All

I hope we see big Rayan and Saman Ghoddos invited

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      I hope we see big Rayan and Saman Ghoddos invited
      Me too man! I'm not confident with it happening

Comment

Not sure if it would be a good move inviting someone from 3rd division to TM. I dont know any TOP 30 ranked team in the world that does that...

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
          Not sure if it would be a good move inviting someone from 3rd division to TM. I dont know any TOP 30 ranked team in the world that does that...
          I don't agree with you it's not about the league it's about the player. Take Vardy and Kane for example both of them started from 4th or 5th division and now they are playing in Premier League not to meniton that Vardy won with Leicester with breaking records and Kane is a top scorer candidate. I watched Ryan and i belive he can help us i don't see any reason to not give him a chance at Team Melli.
          Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
            Take Vardy and Kane for example both of them started from 4th or 5th division and now they are playing in Premier League
            Were they invited to the national team when they were playing in the 4th and 5th divisions?

TM should be a place for players who have already proved themselves, not to test unknown players who are selected only based on a hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Were they invited to the national team when they were playing for the 4th and 5th divisions?
              TM should be a place for players who have already proved themselves, not to test unknown players who are selected only based on a hunch!
              England's NT is more established and they have a bigger pool of players that play in the first division (EPL) to pick from. So it makes much more sense that they wouldn't pick players from lower divisions, whereas with TM a large portion of the team selected is from the PGPL, which although it is technically 'first division', it's probably around the same level (in terms of play, not organization) as League One. So in Iran's situation, it wouldn't be a bad idea to expand our options by selecting players from lesser leagues.
              Of course, the ideal situation in the future will be to have enough players playing in the Big 4 (EPL, BuLi, La Liga, Serie A) so that we can afford to be more selective in who gets called up. For now, I don't see the harm in selecting guys like Ryan.
              By the way, this is only an issue because IFF is terrible at organizing friendlies, in which we would be able to test the fringe/experimental players. Oh well
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
                the PGPL, which although it is technically 'first division', it's probably around the same level (in terms of play, not organization) as League One.
                PGL is on the same level of England's "third" division??!!! Based on what fact?! That's where our opinions differ!

Comment

PGL is on the same level of England's "third" division??!!! Based on what fact?! That's where our opinions differ!
                  Well, I'm talking about the league as a whole. I don't doubt that some of the top PGPL teams would do okay in the Championship, somewhere in the bottom half. But for the most part, I don't see how you can see Iranian clubs as better than League One and on par with Championship teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
                    Well, I'm taking about the league as a whole. I don't doubt that some of the top PGPL teams would do okay in the Championship, somewhere in the bottom half. But for the most part, I don't see how you can see Iranian clubs as better than League One and on par with Championship teams.
                    As I said before, I'd argue that our top teams could end up in the lower half of Bundesliga (first division) if they played there! PGL is not a strong league but some of you seem to think it's on par with Sri Lanka's league.

If it's about trying the players out (although as said TM is not a place to try them out), I'd definitely rather select a good player from PGL than an unknown Ryan guy from England's third division.

Comment

Ryan should be invited sooner than later (He will make a championship move this summer), but the invite I really want to see happen is Ghoddos! This guy is a pacey and technical CAM who is not only very young, but is already one of the better Swedish players and will likely go to the Bundesliga soon.

Comment

As I said before, I'd argue that our top teams could end up in the lower half of Bundesliga (first division) if they played there! PGL is not a strong league but some of you seem to think it's on par with Sri Lanka's league.

If it's about trying the players out (although as said TM is not place to try them out), I'd definitely rather select a good player from PGL than an unknown Ryan guy from England's third division.
                        I do understand your point of view, and respect your opinion. But I don't see Iranian teams competing at Euro first division level; not for lack of talent, but because of terrible organization, management, tactics, and training. Even if they're capable of beating BuLi teams, no way they (except the top teams like Persepolis, SS etc) can last a full season and not get relegated. Let's agree to disagree on the strength of PGPL teams.

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Now Ghoddos!!! That is another matter! He should definitely be invited! He plays in the Swedish first division, he's young and he seems to be extremely good! But most important of all, he plays in a position that we need good players for, very badly!

I hope CQ invites him for TM camp! and he needs to hurry up with that!

Comment

Now Ghoddos!!! That is another matter! He should definitely be invited! He plays in the Swedish first division, he's young and he seems to be extremely good! But most important of all, he plays in a position that we need good players for, very badly!

I hope CQ invites him for TM camp! and he needs to hurry up with that!
                            Dejagah's fitness and Alireza's potential injury situation definitely calls for a new call up! Only question is, will Ghoddos accept it? The chances seem higher nowadays, with his pro-Iranian posts lol

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Didn't Ghoddos get capped by Sweden already?
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                Didn't Ghoddos get capped by Sweden already?
                                Friendly. Not capped in an official match so he's still eligible for Iran.

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Working...
                                X