Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not worried, branko think he can take pp far in asia which he wont, and branko know tm is bigger than him

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      I have no problem to have CQ as our head coach for the next 2-3 years but compare to previous coaches, he had better preparations.

Miracle? Do you mean quarter-final exit from Asian Cup? Do you mean qualification to the WC and finish bottom of the group with 1 point? Did not we get that result in the past?
      Bebin dadash. In sharhayi ke gofti emkanataye lazem ro dare ke TM bere Onja baraye ordo ? A big NOOO

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
      TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

The way team played recently against S.Korea and Uzbekistan was good but we could score a couple more goals. The match in China was really disappointing and our first match versus Qatar could be a serious sit back if it wasn't for Qatari goal keeper's stupid mistake. I look at the match vs S.Korea and Uzbk and I see hope but I watch the match vs China and Qatar and I get frustrated. You judge can we reach R16 in WC with this style? At best it is very risky.

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
          Bebin dadash. In sharhayi ke gofti emkanataye lazem ro dare ke TM bere Onja baraye ordo ? A big NOOO

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
          Esfahan ke dasht. Mashhad ke dasht. Dige Ahvaz ke zaminesh bedarde tamrin ke mikhore. Age na chetor Foolad onja bazi mikone? Ye bazi doostane ba yeki az club haye khodemon mesle Sepahan, Zob, Foolad, PP, SS, SS Khuz ya Tractor ham bishtar bedard mikhord ta to Dubai sekeye ye pool beshim jolo in arabaye khaliji.

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
            Zamini ke Foolad va Esteghlal Khuzestan baraye bazia lig azash estefade mikonan monasebe.

Man chon bazi badimoon dar keshvari hast ke mamoolan abo havash garme in shahraro mesal zadam agar ba ye keshvari az asia sharghi dar onja bazi dashtim shahraee digano mesal mizadam.

Comment

I have no problem to have CQ as our head coach for the next 2-3 years but compare to previous coaches, he had better preparations. Miracle? Do you mean quarter-final exit from Asian Cup? Do you mean qualification to the WC and finish bottom of the group with 1 point? Did not we get that result in the past?
              The first bold-faced text is completely false; the 2014 WC squad was grossly ill-prepared in comparison to the '98 and '06 teams. As a matter of fact the '14 team was the only team that failed to play one single friendly match against a fellow, qualified world cup participant. In 2014, our FA was facing unprecedented economic and political sanctions, the likes of which were not felt by the teams of '98 and '06; we were under 6 rounds of UN security council sanctions (which first took effect in December of 2006), as well as a debilitating EU oil embargo, and SWIFT banking sanctions (which made payments for friendlies, hotel arrangements, staff salaries exceedingly difficult) which took effect in the summer of 2012, not to mention deteriorating international and political relations with other countries. The teams of '06 and '98 did not have to endure this type or level of adversity.

In '98, Farahani suspended the domestic league, it was called the Azadegan league back then, so that Ivic could train and prepare the team like it was a club. Ivic didn't have to worry about nasty, oghdedar domestic league coaches trying to sabotage his plans. The team regularly played friendly matches like the Carlsburg Cup in Hong Kong (where they played WC participants Nigeria, and Chile), LG Cup in Iran (where they played Hungry), as well as tours and camps to France and Italy where they played club teams. We played a friendly against Jamaica, and Croatia, two world cup teams.

To prepare for '06, we played friendlies against Togo, Costa Rica, Croatia, South Korea, (but I won't count Korea here since they are a fellow Asian team). I don't think this was enough, but compared to the '14 team, this was luxurious preparation. They weren't WC qualified teams, but we also played Bosnia, and some other team in Tehran before the tournament. Now look at the 2014 team; we only played against teams that offered to pay their own expenses like Trinidad, Montenegro, etc. I'm sure everyone remembers how Ghalenoi and Kranjcar created a disaster by disrupting CQ's WC training camp in South Africa by not releasing the club's NT players to join TM for the crappy ACL, despite having agreed to do so one year prior when the camp was planned. So when you say that CQ enjoyed better preparations than his predecessors, you really need to get your facts straight.

As far as results are concerned, the team of branco, which was lucky enough to play friendlies against 4 fellow world cup participants, was eliminated from the tournament after just the second match of the group stage!!! In contrast, the team of CQ earned TM's first ever world cup clean sheet against Nigeria, the then reigning champion of Africa. Because of that critical result, TM, unlike branco's team, still had a legitimate chance of qualifying to the second round on the last day of the group stage. It is true that we finished in 4th place ultimately, but, we shouldn't be so simple minded to look exclusively at the placings because they don't tell the entire story, I.E. unlike 2006, we were still in the running for a spot in the knockout stages. For your information, we qualified to the WC as group leaders for the first time since the revolution, despite possessing a much weaker squad than we had in '06, and '98. Also, don't de-value or dismiss the draw against Nigeria; Nigeria was the only team in Brasil that managed to score more than one goal on Argentina. Speaking of Argentina, everyone knows that we won the respect of the entire football world in that match, and the loss did not come without controversy as the referee failed to award us a PK. The "performance" and results from 'the 06 squad, given the team and preparations branco enjoyed, were just a joke. The performance, and the results of the 2014 team, given their woeful lack of preparations, was admirable and earned global respect.

As for the Asian Cup quarterfinal exit, I only have two words: Ben Williams. No further discussion is necessary on that topic, and anyone that refuses to acknowledge that point is only fooling themselves. Actually before that tournament, we only had two friendly matches, one against SK, whcih we only had because they agreed to pay all their own expenses, and Iraq in Australia, where we notoriously practiced in a public park. I'm not saying you need to worship the guy, but at least try to get your facts correct and be fair.
              Zendebahd Iran

Comment

So much freaking drama

Comment

This is not right to brush off all CQ's failure under the rug. It is not an Indian movie. If you want real feedback we need to talk about fact and be objective.
                  CQ has had his failure in matches vs Lebanon, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, China, and Bosnia, Nigeria and Qatar. You need to take it as it is. You can not cherry pick and write a drama for the rest.

Lets compare the preparations

1998 WC
                  Nigeria
                  Chile
                  Kuwait
                  Hungary
                  Jamaica
                  Croatia

2006 WC
                  Libya
                  S.Korea
                  Togo
                  Costa Rica
                  Croatia
                  Bosnia

2014 WC
                  Tunisia
                  Jordan
                  Oman
                  --------
                  Guinea
                  Belarus
                  Montenegro
                  Angola
                  Trinidad

Compare it yourself. I don't see much difference. Belarus and Montenegro both are in par with Bosnia and Croatia or Croatia and Hungary in 98 or 2006

Here is the source
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n..._results#1990s

Comment

No cherry-picking at all; just responding to a very specific and targeted assertion, which falsely stated that CQ enjoyed superior WC preparations than his predecessors, and that our performance/results in Brasil were no different than previous campaigns.

When you say "failures", I see that you include certain matches, such as the match vs. Turkmenistan? You consider that a failure? If I'm not mistaken the away leg ended in a draw, and we won the second match in Tehran, which was our first ever victory against that team in a WCQ, so I can't see how you can call that a failure. You also refer to our draw against Nigeria as a failure? I'm sorry, but I'm not really following here.

As for the comments on the friendly matches, you mentioned Jordan, Tunisia and Oman as preparation opponents for the 2014 WC? That's not true; we played Jordan 2X in 2012 (once in February before the preliminary round of WCQs even concluded, and in September), we played Tunisia in August of 2012, and we played Oman in 2013 before our qualification matches even concluded ..... so basically you shouldn't count these matches as our preparation matches since they occurred before we qualified for the WC. You should only include the friendly matches that we played after qualifying for Brasil. As I said, unlike the '98 team, and '06 team, the team of 2014 did not play one single match against a fellow WC qualified team. This may be a matter of opinion, but I consider that to be a big factor when assessing the quality of preparation. (The link you posted does not make any reference to the tours and matches we played against French and Italian club teams in '98).

Sources: http://www.fifa.com/live-scores/team....html#year2012

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/teams/compare.html
                    Zendebahd Iran

Comment

This is a neat comment about CQ which I found in Bigsoccer and I copied and pasted it here:

CQ has made us into a slightly better team against asian opposition. nothing revolutionary though. we still drop points to the likes of lebanon, syria, have trouble with qatar, and lost to uzbekistan in tehran under him. he is doing good right now though, we are a top 3 asian team. we can say with confidence we are better than korea lately. it remains to be seen if we are better than japan/australia because we hardly play them, but we are at least as good as them. the problem is that CQ has no answer for us in the world cup other than increasing chances of 1 point if the opponent is a top 10 in the world (ie argentina). we simply are on a level below teams like sweden and bosnia under CQ style and we cant make the round of 16 like this. the team of late 90s till 2006 was matching these teams: we played openly against teams like ukraine and denmark and ireland and croatia and they were close matches. even in WC2006 we played better against mexico than we did against bosnia in wc14. the angola match was same as nigeria, but in WC2014 we did better against argentina than we did against portugal in 06. yes we beat chile but that is because their bad defense/good offense style was a perfect match up against us. we wont get a team like that in the world cup. we dont have an answer for physical average european teams that know how to pass the ball around. but first lets qualify then we need to focus on becoming a r16 team.
                      I really dislike posts like this.. so many broad statements that just lack any sort of intellectual thought at all. Just saying something for the sake of saying something.
                      "angola was same as nigeria", "we beat chile because their style was perfect for us" "team of 90s - 2006 were matching these teams"

What does this even mean? How can you possibly think you have this all figured out with a post that took you 2 minutes to write (i know its not actually yours, I am speaking generally).

This guy solved half our problems with a 2 minute post, he has all the details, he is working under these conditions every day and knows exactly what is going on. WTF do we need CQ for, if this guys can lay everything out as simple as this?

I truly rue the day when CQ leaves us... it seems like we can never learn from history, always complaining, always downplaying someone's hard work.

This goes beyond football, we truly have psychological problems.

Comment

Yes, a draw with Turkmenistan which is not even among top 15 Asian teams is a disgrace. CQ was mad after that match.
                        The match against Nigeria was also useless. We closed all spaces but didn't create even a couple of counter attacks not even compared to our chances in Argentina match. We could win the match if we had Khalatbari or Azmoun. CQ took a team loaded with defenders even Injured Beikzadeh was with the team but not Azmoun, Khalatbari or other influential attacking midfielders. That blossom in match vs Bosnia and everyone saw the flaws of his system. 6 month later Azmoun was in the team and everyone saw his performance when he overshadowed Gucci.

Once again that happen in AC 2015 when Pooladi was gone we had no reliable back up LB but still we had injured defenders accompanying the team. He used Hajisafi who is awful in that position and received two goals from that spot.

Nigeria were on decline when we faced them in WC 2014. They were fifth African team in Fifa ranking and just take a look at them now. They didn't qualified for African Cup of Nations twice in a row 2015 and 2017. Still they managed to defeat Bosnia and that shows how miserable our team was. Our only good performance was against Argentina.

You and I obviously see things different. I look at CQ's resume objectively. You look at it differently.

I still like CQ to be our coach and respect him but I don't want us to be blind supporters. We should know his flaws and strength and know how much expect from him. Positive criticism is constructive but blind support or ignoring failures can be destructive. I certainly don't want to lash out on CQ but on Idea that he is super duper or doing miracles for the team.

I don't even consider Branko good enough for NT to talk about him. He is at best a good Asian club manager.

Comment

cq is way to good for us. Better for him to leave (as sad as it would make me) so some of the ungrateful idiots can just shut the fuck up. He can easily go manage any of portugals big three right now, most teams in spain, and most teams in italy. Why should he stay and deal with the tremendous level of bullshit where we make it impossible for him to work. TM could actually do something in WC2018. So much potential that will be wasted if we dont make it there, or dont prepare right for it. All for what? Oh right Persepolis needed break time. Think of all the talents that could go to europe, think of the status of iranian football, that could grow so much. But alas,no because brangoh needed to see his players resting. I dont understand why it seems so revolutionary that CQ wants to take the team for a couple week long training camps, at good facilities, with some decent friendly matches to back them up. Its not like hes asking for the earth and the surrounding galaxy here, just some basic preparation on FIFA DAYS FFS, which all other teams (including those that are nowhere near our level - both above and below) seem to be easily and without hassle scheduling.

who knew that persepolis was suddenly a more important entity THAN THE FUCKING NATIONAL TEAM OF OUR FUCKING COUNTRY.

Comment

There is a difference between "blind support", and making sure you have your facts straight. Maybe to you, this is not an important distinction, but it is. For example, when I state that the team that qualified for Brasil failed to play one single match against a fellow WC 2014 participant, unlike our '98 and '06 WC teams, which played multiple matches against fellow WC participants, that is a fact ..... not "blind support". When I state that the UNSC sanctions, EU oil embargo, and SWIFT banking sanctions collectively plagued our FA, and TM with preparation problems, the likes of which were not experienced by the teams of '98 and '06, these are facts, not "blind support". When I say that we qualified for Brasil as group leader for the first time since the revolution, that is a fact.

The reason I made these particular statements was because another member made false statements, which I wanted to correct ..... not because I offer any "blind support" for CQ. In contrast, when you say our first ever WC clean sheet against Nigeria was a "failure", that is not a fact ..... that is just your spin, some may agree, some don't.

Nobody here is saying you need to worship the guy, or that he is infallible ....... but that the criticism should be fair, and based on factually correct statements, not falsehoods or inaccuracies which taint the discussion. This is the foundation of any rational discussion ..... it is not to be confused or equated with "blind support".
                            Zendebahd Iran

Comment

as an old CQ critic (not hater, like I hate Branko), I'll put it in short form:

- Blind support?
                              Wrong. Bad. Worst thing we can do for TM and even CQ himself.

- CQ without faults and failures?
                              Wrong. He's had quite a few and hasnt really surpassed our previous coaches' records, WC and Asia-cup related. Ben Williams or bad draw or .. whatever, He still had a major hand in those too.

- CQ, post-WC ?
                              Good (could have been better, but I'm satisfied with rejuvenation of TM)

- Future, WCQ related?
                              we're on the right track and still a pretty good chance at qualifying. So no need to rock the boat. However we also must learn from the two UNNECESSARY stumbles vs. china and syria

- Branko?
                              A genetic idiot with abnormally absence of a trace of spine in his worthless body, who has no right to talk about CQ, who is in a different plane of existence from this worm

Comment

I'm all against blind support of anyone! but I don't think we have ever before reached top of the WCQ group, let alone twice with ease (relatively), with CQ!

I agree that result-wise we are still on the same level as before but we play so much better now, with much better defensive tactics.

CQ has been great for our football and I truly hope he stays until after the WC but at the same time he's no messiah and he's very much prone to mistakes and faults, just as all humans are! Not everything he does or says are necessarily right or true!

So let's all discuss him from a logical and objective point of view!

Comment

Working...
                                X