Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alireza Haghighi @ C.S. Marítimo Funchal Madeira | 2016

It's funny that you all are roasting a guy who worked his ass off to be in Europe unlike Beiranvand, Rezaeian, Taremi and all PP stars. If he was in Qatar or Iran now, you would throw the same crap stuff towards him: "what a sosool for not going to Europe". When are we even satisfied? You get what you give. I have more respect for an Iranian GK who warms the bench in a top 10 European league than any Iranian player who doesnt dare to set foot outside Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      It's funny that you all are roasting a guy who worked his ass off to be in Europe unlike Beiranvand, Rezaeian, Taremi and all PP stars. If he was in Qatar or Iran now, you would throw the same crap stuff towards him: "what a sosool for not going to Europe". When are we even satisfied? You get what you give. I have more respect for an Iranian GK who warms the bench in a top 10 European league than any Iranian player who doesnt dare to set foot outside Iran.
      Being in Europe for just being in Europe isn't enough. You have to go there and improve and be good.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Being in Europe for just being in Europe isn't enough. You have to go there and improve and be good.
        At least he tried for 4 years. Taremi quit after 2 weeks. Makes me appreciate Haghighi.

Comment

May I ask why you don't have this same respect for Iran's other goalkeeper warming a bench in Europe?

I just think it's hypocritical that for 2 years, people have been insulting Davari on this forum, but when people say that Haghighi being in a similar situation means he shouldn't be #1 keeper for Iran anymore, we are being disrespectful and bashing?

Nobody here has said he sucks or is a statue, or anything as disrespectful as I heard people saying to Davari, who mind you, is also a player who represented our TM. This isn't about respect/disrespect. It's just typical "I like this player, don't make fun! I don't like this player, have at him!"

Hope this makes sense. I just don't get your defensive attitude in regards to Haghighi. Really, what has he done in the past 2 years since Brazil?

Comment

At least he tried for 4 years. Taremi quit after 2 weeks. Makes me appreciate Haghighi.
            Everything is better than Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              May I ask why you don't have this same respect for Iran's other goalkeeper warming a bench in Europe?

I just think it's hypocritical that for 2 years, people have been insulting Davari on this forum, but when people say that Haghighi being in a similar situation means he shouldn't be #1 keeper for Iran anymore, we are being disrespectful and bashing?

Nobody here has said he sucks or is a statue, or anything as disrespectful as I heard people saying to Davari, who mind you, is also a player who represented our TM. This isn't about respect/disrespect. It's just typical "I like this player, don't make fun! I don't like this player, have at him!"

Hope this makes sense. I just don't get your defensive attitude in regards to Haghighi. Really, what has he done in the past 2 years since Brazil?
              Because Davari himself already was in Europe and didn't move from IPL to Braunschweig. Nothing personal against Davari, I haven't seen him enough in TM jersey to judge if he is good enough.

Comment

Let me put it into perspective,

Maritimo bought in a Brazilian manager (a former goalkeeper) who got his team relegated last season, since joining he signed 2 Brazilian goal keepers, and 4 Brazilian outfield players. The squad has 13 Brazilian players and only 6 Portuguese players. This has nothing to do with his performances, the squad finished 13th because they were poor and still are.

I don't think it has anything to do with his integrity or work ethic, if you have a manager who just doesn't like you then you have no chance. Look at Juan Mata a world class player at Chelsea and player of the year 2 years running, Mourinho didn't like him and sold him. Not comparing him to Mata (relax), but his situation was the same, despite his talent he had no chance under that manager.

Comment

To be completely fair, nobody can deny that haghighi has been living off of his performances against Nigeria/Argentina post WC, can anyone name any matches in TM that came close to that? Only one I can think of was the friendly vs SK, which was actually arguably his best game but other than that, he's shown nothing but his weaknesses and no improvements (stopping low shots for example is a huge/obvious weakness of his that costs him many goals).

I'm all for rewarding our guys like ARH who have given it their all to play at the highest level they can (AKA Europe) and I got nothing but respect for him for that, but simply because he is playing or rather trying to play in Europe does not make him better than other keepers, especially when we have options. This is something some fans are obsessed with but it really has no logic or reason to it....I'll take an in-form PGL keeper over someone riding the bench and in their opportunities they've gotten, shown nothing.

On the other hand I'm not as fond of Beiro as I used to be. He hasn't shown any real improvement at all over the last year, in fact he is not as good as he was in his first season or two at Naft when he was the stand out player in the league for some time. He has not done anything really special, but, his throws are extremely valuable especially for CQ's system and tactics so he already has an edge over haghighi.

If I'm CQ I give Mazaheri a go, he is the most in form of all of our options and is very consistent for ZA. This isn't a time to gamble with such an important position and being we have options (beyond 3 keepers), it just makes sense to go with the guy in the best form and that is for sure Mazaheri. Best shot stopper, most consistent, and id say smartest of the 3 which is a very important quality for a GK to have. One tiny mistake could cost you and I trust Mazaheri the most right now. Akhbari has the potential to get there one day but for now he's not very consistent, at least for TM u23 he wasn't and when compared to Mazaheri doesn't have many advantages at this point.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    This is why I always questioned the logic of Daniel Davari's reason for not being invited was that he was worse than the players called up. Haghighi remained #1 goalkeeper in the team, despite competition from Biranvand and other choices like Mazaheri despite all of Haghighi's shortcomings.

Not trying to bash Haghighi, I just think its strange that he's been part of the team for such a long time despite a fairly lackluster resume and performances, yet Davari's invites seemed to cease at a time where he was still getting playing time at a top club like Grasshoppers.

I remember Davari declining an invite in order to be close to his son's birth. I'm fairly sure that stalled Davari's career sadly. CQ seems to not want people who don't put TM first.
                    If Davari would have attended that camp, I could have seen him getting similar preferential treatment to Haghighi and remaining the #2 goalie. With that, he would have gotten a handful of games in the last 2 years, and probably impressed his clubs more to give him more playing time, thus making him develop more as a player.

His choice to put family before career is commendable in my mind, but I really believe it was a major factor in his long-term, if not permanent, exclusion from TM.
                    to put it short and sweet, he simply was Not an exceptional talent to other available GK options for TM ..!
                    He seems a nice lad and good pro, but his somewhat apathetic demeanor towards serving TM is what ultimately cost him any future call-ups, well at least so long as Carlos is in charge..!! When he didnt show up to our TM Camp with the excuse that his son was born sometimes earlier.... I told you guys then he will be banished from future call ups by cq forever and many of you didnt think so..!!
                    Beita was sort of a similar case, he just wasnt that good and also had a bit of cooky attitude and didnt quiet appreciate and showed the required gratitude for repping the shirt and being afforded the golden opportunity to go to WC...!

CQ does simply does not stand for Apathy when it comes to wearing the national team shirt..!! He expects and Demands 100% self-less commitment to the shirt or your out of his team sooner or little Later, depending on how badly your services are needed for the time being..!!
                    That is the biggest reason why we now have the most disciplined and professionally committed TM that we have ever had in history of our football and one of the biggest reasons why we have managed the top asian footballing rating over past few years now..!

Comment

He is crying baby why he got benched. He said, i was brought to be number one and that was my condition and since i got benched i cancelled the contract LOLL
                      Dude even a legend like Casillas got benched, grow up and move forward.
                      سوال اول ما درباره جدایی ات از ماریتیموست. چه اتفاقی افتاد که از این باشگاه پرتغالی جدا شدی؟
                      موضوع من و باشگاه ماریتیمو به سال گذشته برمی گردد. زمانی که می خواستم با این باشگاه قرارداد امضا کنم با شرط به این باشگاه پیوستم و قرار من با مدیر باشگاه این بود که حتما و قطعا بازی کنم. در مذاکراتی که با هم داشتیم باشگاه از این درخواست من استقبال کرد و گفت که خیلی خوب است که اینقدر تشنه بازی کردن هستی. من به او گفتم که خیلی به دنبال پول نیستم و از همه چیز مهمتر پیشرفت و بازی کردن است چون می خواهم در بهترین شرایط باشم تا به تیم ملی کشورم خدمت کنم .این ها که گفتم با هم توافق کردیم و قرارداد امضا شد.
                      Akheh kodom bashgah garantie hatman bazi kardano mide, is this guy serious? loll and it seems La Liga offer was just BS as i said before.
                      http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1351101...A7%D8%B1%D8%AF

Comment

So...What is going to happen to him now?
                        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

I used to be a big fan of Rahmati before the whole CQ head butting happened.
                          I haven't been keeping up with him and Eses too much. How has he been performing?
                          Tbh, I know alot of people still have a lot of hate for the guy, but if his skills are sharp and him AND CQ are willing to sweep things under the rug he should be invited to the camps untill AH starts getting some match praxis. I know we have younger goalies but they are really inexperienced at international level, and don't have that mental toughness yet imho..
                          I'm making this statement in a pure logical way, who will get us the further-est to the world cup final? As most sports, you'd start building up from the back and in soccer the goalie is the most important position, you can dictate the game single handily im mean heck the goalie is the one to decides won wins at a 120+min game .
                          But anyway i know this wont happen, oh well....my 2 cents.

Comment

He posted a pic of himself with an Italy and Iran emoji
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
                              I used to be a big fan of Rahmati before the whole CQ head butting happened.
                              I haven't been keeping up with him and Eses too much. How has he been performing?
                              Tbh, I know alot of people still have a lot of hate for the guy, but if his skills are sharp and him AND CQ are willing to sweep things under the rug he should be invited to the camps untill AH starts getting some match praxis. I know we have younger goalies but they are really inexperienced at international level, and don't have that mental toughness yet imho..
                              I'm making this statement in a pure logical way, who will get us the further-est to the world cup final? As most sports, you'd start building up from the back and in soccer the goalie is the most important position, you can dictate the game single handily im mean heck the goalie is the one to decides won wins at a 120+min game .
                              But anyway i know this wont happen, oh well....my 2 cents.
                              Honestly thus far this new season, Rahmati has not done anything worthy of praise, I am not alluding that he is no good any longer, but at the same time he has conceded some disappointing goals so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                                He posted a pic of himself with an Italy and Iran emoji
                                He is at the Italy training camp with TM and featured in the 2nd half against SPAL today

Comment

Working...
                                X