Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    well six of one or Half Dozen of other..!!
    my guess is that after riding the bench for so long, he signed with Maritimo with a promise of a more Starter role..!!? didnt live up to Maritimo's expectation as a starter, so they went out and signed this new brizilian keeper and bumped him ahead of Alireza, so he pretty much asked for his contract to be dissolved and let go, and Maritimo were happy to oblige..!!??

question is where to next..??? you'd have thought he had some other options when he asked to be let go..?
    were there any truth to those La liga rumors..??
    i dont think its far fetched for a lower league teams there to bring him on a cheap, as a reinforcement/back up position..?? if you gonna be a back up, then better off in La Liga than Portugal..!!
    Calling it right now.. He will either go to Iran or Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Calling it right now.. He will either go to Iran or Qatar
      damn,... i may have to agree with you...!!

to be honest, he aint a bad keeper at all and still quiet young and very well experienced internationally for his age..!!

what he really lacks is Game Sharpness and the resulting Confidence that stems from it..!
      its result of riding the damn pine for so fking loong in his last few clubs..!

at this point in his career, he needs actual Game Minutes far more than just practicing with a higher profile European club and rotting away on their bench..!! I wouldnt mind if he came back to PGL as a starter..! or attained a far more lucrative offer Starting in the Ayrab leagues for a year or two..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        He won't be number one and planning to leave the club, the issue is he has 3 years left in contract, Kazan scenario all over again!
        http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1350677...B4%D9%88%D8%AF
        He's simply not good enough. Except for the Argentina game and a couple of shots vs Nigeria, when has he performed for TM?? He's always had a fantasic defense in front of him mainly thanks to CQ which makes his stats look good on paper. I hope CQ drops him as well as Beiranvand and even Mazaheri are better options imo although neither are top keepers either unfortunately.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
          He's simply not good enough. Except for the Argentina game and a couple of shots vs Nigeria, when has he performed for TM?? He's always had a fantasic defense in front of him mainly thanks to CQ which makes his stats look good on paper. I hope CQ drops him as well as Beiranvand and even Mazaheri are better options imo although neither are top keepers either unfortunately.
          He did pretty well at the Asian Cup too. I think he was only at fault for one of Iraq's goals.

Comment

Respect Haghighi, he has tried his best and best to play in Europe and become starter for his teams. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out. He is still our first Iranian GK to have kept a clean sheet for 180 minutes long, excluding Argentina's goal. Yes, he had some bad games but he has simply no match-praxis. He deserves to be a fix in any top 5 - 10 European League. Hopefully he doesn't give up and finds his way to a team that suits him. Stay strong lion.

I hope CQ drops him as well as Beiranvand and even Mazaheri are better options imo although neither are top keepers either unfortunately.
            Are you serious? Dropping Haghighi and replace them with either a very inexperienced Beiranvand or Mazaheri for our crucial WCQ games is just playing Russian roulette with our qualifying chances. They are young, aren't used to the huge amount of pressure and still havent shown themselves on big stage. Despite Haghighi's flaws, he is still our most reliable option.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Respect Haghighi, he has tried his best and best to play in Europe and become starter for his teams. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out. He is still our first Iranian GK to have kept a clean sheet for 180 minutes long, excluding Argentina's goal. Yes, he had some bad games but he has simply no match-praxis. He deserves to be a fix in any top 5 - 10 European League. Hopefully he doesn't give up and finds his way to a team that suits him. Stay strong lion.

Are you serious? Dropping Haghighi and replace them with either a very inexperienced Beiranvand or Mazaheri for our crucial WCQ games is just playing Russian roulette with our qualifying chances. They are young, aren't used to the huge amount of pressure and still havent shown themselves on big stage. Despite Haghighi's flaws, he is still our most reliable option.
              He trusted the inexperienced Haghighi at the biggest stage of them all, how else is experience gained? in our situation only by trust. So let's assume he uses Haghighi in all the WC qualifying matches because of his experience, then what? He should trust another inexperienced keeper at the WC? Beiranvand needs to gain experience and I genuinely think this is the perfect time for him.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Right now
                I'm also leaning more Beyranvand's way too for starting in our initial WCQs. .,!
                ARH needs to sort out his club situation first & gain match sharpness before he can attempt to reclaim his starter role in TM..! He also has a bit of Goalie Temperament issues that he needs to resolve before he could live up to his full potential & mange to retain a starting role on a more lengthy terms in his clubs.
                He is a bit too high strong sometimes & gets too aggressive in the box, which leads to silly mistakes..!

Comment

Very well said.

Comment

Lets go through Haghighi career:
                    -Starter with Persepolis in young age up to age of 22
                    -Move to Kazan, no playtime in two years
                    -Come back to Persepolis during Daei's time and no playing time again.
                    -Loaned to second divisioin in Portugal played few games
                    -Loaned again to bottom table Portuguese team, played 20 something games
                    -Out of Kazan and to Maritimo this year and played only 4 games and again they don't want him.
                    Lets put it this way, as Salar said this guy only had 2 times 90 minutes decent performances for TM(Nigeria and Argentina), but as it was said any keeper looks good in CQ system, ask Rahman Ahmadi!!!
                    The guy simply is not good, how he found a way to play even few seasons in Europe is biggest surprise. Agent plays big role, in past we had these kind of scenarios as well with players like Khatibi, Yazdani and few others who were transferred to big clubs in Germany but failed to impress while some better players were not able to make the move due to lack of having a decent agent.

Comment

-Out of Kazan and to Maritimo this year and played only 4 games and again they don't want him.

Lets put it this way, as Salar said this guy only had 2 times 90 minutes decent performances for TM(Nigeria and Argentina), but as it was said any keeper looks good in front of CQ system, ask Rahman Ahmadi!!!
                      The guy simply is not good, how he found a way to play even few seasons in Europe is biggest surprise. Agent plays big role, in past we had these kind of scenarios as well with players like Khatibi, Yazdani and few others who were transferred to big clubs in Germany but failed to impress while some better players were not able to make the move due to lack of having a decent agent.
                      Or ask Daniel Davari!!!

I completely agree with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Or ask Daniel Davari!!!
                        I completely agree with your post.
                        This is why I always questioned the logic of Daniel Davari's reason for not being invited was that he was worse than the players called up. Haghighi remained #1 goalkeeper in the team, despite competition from Biranvand and other choices like Mazaheri despite all of Haghighi's shortcomings.

Not trying to bash Haghighi, I just think its strange that he's been part of the team for such a long time despite a fairly lackluster resume and performances, yet Davari's invites seemed to cease at a time where he was still getting playing time at a top club like Grasshoppers.

I remember Davari declining an invite in order to be close to his son's birth. I'm fairly sure that stalled Davari's career sadly. CQ seems to not want people who don't put TM first. If Davari would have attended that camp, I could have seen him getting similar preferential treatment to Haghighi and remaining the #2 goalie. With that, he would have gotten a handful of games in the last 2 years, and probably impressed his clubs more to give him more playing time, thus making him develop more as a player.

His choice to put family before career is commendable in my mind, but I really believe it was a major factor in his long-term, if not permanent, exclusion from TM.

Comment

Alireza Haghighi @ C.S. Marítimo Funchal Madeira | 2016

I saw this coming since the end of the Asian cup. Don't expect Haghighi to get much more caps from now on, it looks like he reached his ceiling and is a limited keeper at the present time, rarely performing well for either club and country.

Our current gk situation is that the starting spot is completely up for grabs again like before the WC, as we saw CQ has already started experimenting his different options and I won't be surprised if another keeper will be between the sticks against Qatar or/and China

Comment

Now he is blaming Iranian papers why they said Maritimo sacked him out as he left by himself lol. Same Iranian media who said he has offer from Spain, but that was Ok to mention i guess.
                            Why Iranians always look for drama, is always black and white. Dude you are not Abedzadeh, you got the chance to play few seasons in Eruope, played in WC, that is more than your capacity and this thing wouldn't happen for you if Rahmati was mature enough and acted like a pro. As Rahmati would have been still Iran no1 if he continued to progress.
                            Just be happy, move forward and stop blaming people, media. For sometime it was Kazan, now is Martimo and Iranian papers who doesn't like him to progress.
                            As i said that La Liga offer seems to be bazar-garmi as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              I saw this coming since the end of the Asian cup. Don't expect Haghighi to get much more caps from now on, it looks like he reached his ceiling and is a limited keeper at the present time, rarely performing well for either club and country.
                              Our current gk situation is that the starting spot is completely up for grabs again like before the WC, as we saw CQ has already started experimenting his different options and I won't be surprised if another keeper will be between the sticks against Qatar or/and China
                              Totally agree. Even Beiranvand few clean sheets is due to Hosseini presence in defense. This guy is a solid D. How he never made it to a half decent leagues like Greece is my biggest surprise. Talking about agent's power again.
                              I can't recall if Beiranvand e had to make any decent saves in 4 matches.

Comment

Lets put it this way, as Salar said this guy only had 2 times 90 minutes decent performances for TM(Nigeria and Argentina), but as it was said any keeper looks good in CQ system, ask Rahman Ahmadi!!!
                                Lets be honest here. Although Rahman had the best defense in Asia in front of him, he saved our ass many times and it was his experience and confidence that benefited Team Melli more than anything.

Remember his double save against South Korea. We would have been playing Uruguay if it weren't for those quick reflexes.

So it's not that all keepers look good because our defense is good. That's not the case.

However, it seems Haghighi is losing his form at the moment and he needs to get it back. Otherwise I too believe Beiranvand should be our starting GK. The trust Carlos put into Alireza may very well be put into Beiranvand against Qatar and China.

Comment

Working...
                                X