No announcement yet.

AFC U23 Championship : Qatar 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Iraqi, as it was said they did well in Youth level(U20) and their success continue.

Comment

Our youth system sucks. There is a reason why our senior team is inconsistent compared to the likes of Japan, Korea and to a lesser extent Australia.

Comment

Fun fact: Qatar's top U23 player Ali Asadallah, has Iranian origins... (he is also Qatar senior team regular, plays in Al Sad)

Comment

^^^

They say almost half of these Persian gulf states citizens have Iranian background. Many of them apparently hide it, just to get their $$$ going smooth. Quite sad to say the list!

Comment

Since both Japan and S Korea have already qualified, the game tomorrow will be a no pressure game for either team so we should expect a relaxed and exciting game.

Iraq cheated and did not deserve to go through and we all know in the real world not all cheaters get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              ^^^

They say almost half of these Persian gulf states citizens have Iranian background. Many of them apparently hide it, just to get their $$$ going smooth. Quite sad to say the list!
              VERY TRUE!! I lived in the Persian Gulf countries for 20 years and can confidently say between 20%(Kuwait, Qatar, Oman) to 45%( UAE, Bahrain) of the citizens are Iranian origin, mostly moved to these countries when Reza Shah(THE GREAT) implemented "Kashfe Hejab" in Iran in 1941.....

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                This was not surprising IMO. Iraq became 4th with in the 2013 U20 World Cup with the very same team. Unlike us, they've done a good job with their youth teams.

This should be a warning sign for the federation to create a proper youth system and have decent long-term plans.
                Are you actually being serious?

Look at this team.

You mean to tell me this is a team consisting of only players under the age of 24?

Can't someone complain to FIFA, if AFC couldn't give a damn about it.

It is just cringeworthy.

I will show respect when it is due, but sorry, using overaged players to qualify for youth tournaments is cheating.

Comment

i'd prefer Iraq over Gutter any day..!!

certainly glad Gutteries Failed big AGAIN..!!

we had our chance to easily pull off the 3rd place and qualify but we fked that chance up by loosing to a clearly weaker Gutterie team..!! had we won that winnable game, who knows, with a bit of luck we had a chance to even be in the final...??

oh well, shoulda woulda coulda ...! when is the next game for TM anyways..? its getting awful redundant, boring bs up in football forum these days..!!

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

Look at this team.

You mean to tell me this is a team consisting of only players under the age of 24?

It is just cringeworthy.

I will show respect when it is due, but sorry, using overaged players to qualify for youth tournaments is cheating.
                    Azizam its not about the faces. Look at the Japanese teams, all those closed eyes, they all look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

Look at this team.

It is just cringeworthy.

Nigeria does the same thing in their youth teams which is why they are among the top 4 in the world but when it comes to their senior team they are NOBODYS.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        i'd prefer Iraq over Gutter any day..!!
                        certainly glad Gutteries Failed big AGAIN..!!
                        we had our chance to easily pull off the 3rd place and qualify but we fked that chance up by loosing to a clearly weaker Gutterie team..!! had we won that winnable game, who knows, with a bit of luck we had a chance to even be in the final...??
                        oh well, shoulda woulda coulda ...! when is the next game for TM anyways..? its getting awful redundant, boring bs up in football forum these days..!!
                        Here is the schedule for the remaining games for our group.

Mar 24
                        Oman - Guam
                        Iran - India

Mar 29
                        India - Turkmenistan
                        Iran - Oman

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
                          Azizam its not about the faces. Look at the Japanese teams, all those closed eyes, they all look the same.
                          what they eyes gotta do with overage players

Comment

That is very racist thing to say. You should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                              That is very racist thing to say. You should know better.
                              Lol get a grip, its a joke.

Comment

Lol get a grip, its a joke.
                                Its not funny. just like you wouldn't like them calling us TowelHeads or CamelJockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X