FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Oman - Iran @ Sultan Qaboos, Muscat; 08-10-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
    Sanctions play a marginal difference. You'd be naive to think that even if money is allowed to flow, it would be for the betterment of the team. Again, I don't know what % of members on this site are familiar with the socio-political climate in Iran but rugs has brought it up over and over. There are very few people that care about improving our football; the majority want to fill up their pockets and leave. There's a nonsensical fantasy that people live in, thinking that change will instantly yield better results.

I've rarely posted lately due to a lack of time (and also due to the cyclical nature of these discussions). In any case, props to the likes of ramingeles2000 and Ando_Teymourian for seeing the big picture as it is and not as they'd like to imagine it to be.
    You may be right. But you can quite clearly see some "improvements" in most sports already, and remember CQ is our coach right now, IFF found him and hired him. They are paying him a huge salary, he is the highest paid manager in Asia if I'm not mistaking as well (not sure how much van Marwijk is earning with KSA), there is nothing telling us that we cannot hire a coach of the same caliber again, nothing really. CQ didn't accept the Iran job for Kaffashian's pretty eyes nor PFDCers begging him to come. He works in Iran because he is payed enough and also sees potential in the country that will help him expand his resume and achievements, same case with any other coach.

There is no need to use fear mongering and pessimistic techniques to convince everyone that we are lost and doomed after CQ, because nothing guarantees such a thing. And remember, what you call "seeing the big picture" is subjective, "the big picture" can be different for different people.

Comment

And we keep referring to the heat and humidity. For God sake half of our team plays in Qatar and similar places. And why two weeks of camping in that weather was not enough.

Do you think if Germany or France played Oman we would have seen the same weather related performance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
        That's the stupidest, most idiotic statement I've read the past week. Playing style is more important than result? Are you high?

"Oh yeah we lost the game against this top team but we played well!"

Ohh yeahh well we won this match against this top team but we didn't play well, QUIEROZ OUT!"
        You don't need to "wheelie" over this thread. [emoji6]

We had a beautiful and exciting game against Argentina. Even though we lost, most fan thought TM played great and the result wasn't important. And I agree with that sentiment.

At any rate, we all follow TM based on our own reasons. I opt for the entertainment and excitement. Winning 20-0 over the likes of Tibet doesn't do it for me. Had TM won the Oman game I still wouldn't be happy based on their miserable performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

A good performance on tuesday and the Oman match will be long forgotten. We were unbelievably poor, I accept that but we are top of the table, we have 3 home games to play now which I'm sure will result in 9 points and hopefully by next year the team will have gelled together.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            How in gods name could I possibly believe this? I can ask you the same thing tbh: how in gods name could you possibly believe that we cannot get a coach like that again? How do you think CQ was hired? Because PFDC members begged him to come to Iran?

With the sanctions being gone, we can start seeing the effects of it in most sports, football included. I believe that now, we can get any half-decent coach with the money that we are giving to CQ regardless anyways.
            Maybe not someone with the resume of CQ, but a foreign coach that will do a decent job with Iran. And unlike most people I don't think that CQ is a god that makes us do wonders, in the end on paper, he did a great job but nothing extraordinary, and someone of the level of Paul Le Guen could most likely do as good with the level of promising Iranian talents coming up in the next few years.

You may think differently, and free to do so, I know that there are several members on these forums that think of CQ as some sort of Messiah of Iranian football, it's your opinions after all, and everyone has a different one. He is a great coach and did a lot of good in Iranian football, but to me there are a lot of managers that could realistically coach Iran and do as well as him at least. But anyways we are talking few years early, he started this and will need to stay to complete what his contract was renewed for; qualify Iran to the WC. Afterwards in 2018, there will be place for these words.
            bro don't paint me as some CQ worshipper just because i pointed out the obvious. iran has rarely been able to attract decent foreign coaches. who in their right mind wants to live in iran? the only reason we got CQ was because he was being (unfairly) investigated for allegedly kicking FIFA doping investigators when he coached portugal and his reputation was in shambles. if history is any indication, we wont be able to hire a great international coach for a long long time after CQ is gone. i hope i'm wrong. but don't forget that the last time we had an international level coach, his name was miroslav blazevic

Comment

Iran v Oman Analysis

Comment

Khalatbari is missed.. I liked how he took matters into his own hands against Lebanon in june 2013.
                Brace yourselves for another "agar va amma" qualification (if Iran makes it out if this group).

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  Khalatbari is missed.. I liked how he took matters into his own hands against Lebanon in june 2013.
                  Brace yourselves for another "agar va amma" qualification (if Iran makes it out if this group).
                  Bro why all the negativity, for fucks sake our next 3 games are in azadi and i expect TM to demolish all of em especially Oman.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Welcome to every Iranian World Cup qualification campaign ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X