No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Oman - Iran @ Sultan Qaboos, Muscat; 08-10-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is their game against Guam last month. They do look tired throughout the whole game. What I noticed is that they do rely on the long ball and that their buildup play is rather slow(good for us).

Aerially, we might have some trouble but from what I noticed, they are very disorganized defending corners.

Comment

Meanwhile yesterday Jordan thrashes Iraq 3-0 in a friendly

I desperately want them in our final round group, but Unfortunately the way this is going they are looking like they might not even advance from their weak ass group.

Such a sad state for Iraq But...but... 2007 Asian Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        Meanwhile yesterday Jordan thrashes Iraq 3-0 in a friendly

I desperately want them in our final round group, but Unfortunately the way this is going they are looking like they might not even advance from their weak ass group.

Such a sad state for Iraq But...but... 2007 Asian Cup!
        Haha poor ass bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
          We should have no issue beating Oman by a healthy margin.
          Sardar and Taremi combo is lethal.
          Don't count on Taremi. Sardar is our only FW. Taremi flops against good teams. He is still in diving mode. Maybe Kaveh Rezai can do something.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            Don't count on Taremi. Sardar is our only FW. Taremi flops against good teams. He is still in diving mode. Maybe Kaveh Rezai can do something.
            Give Taremi some time. He hasn't faced any better teams with Team Melli just yet. Hopefully he turns out to be one of those players who is better internationally than domestically.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
              No. We were capable of beating Japan if we needed to. We had the best team in tournament that year and would have won it, had it not been for another HIGHWAY ROBBERY by the Lebanese Ref in the Semi-final.

Don't judge that team just on the basis of that one HICCUP game against Oman.
              Statistically the chance would've been higher that we'd be out of the group had Iran lost to Oman, as we needed a win against Japan, a draw or a loss would see TM finish third and out for the quarter final. Especially seeing how Japan went on to win the Asian Cup. I also disagree about us having the best team in Asia that year, we relied on the brilliance of Ali Karimi, that was our only gameplan, our Goalkeeper was weak, our defence was superweak, especially our left and right side (Zare and Kaabi). Look up the definition of a strong team mate. If it wasn't for Karimi we would've been out in the quarter final vs South Korea (Where TM put up their best performance and still conceded three goals). I agree that against a weak China in the semi final the referee was bribed and sold the game. TM could've have been much stronger had we had a good/decent coach, Branko Ivankovic was after Ali Daei and Ghalenoei the worst coach we have ever had, the man was absolutely horrible.

Comment

Shayad ham mosavi beshe, mohem ine ke nabazim va dar khaneh lolashoon konim.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                  Taremi wasn't that bad in the past matches, but then again, it's only Guam and India...
                  He's still learning, he's only played a couple of matches for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                    Give Taremi some time. He hasn't faced any better teams with Team Melli just yet. Hopefully he turns out to be one of those players who is better internationally than domestically.
                    even if you give him time, when gucci is back, will be gucci and azmoun, there is no way taremi is better than thoese two plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      even if you give him time, when gucci is back, will be gucci and azmoun, there is no way taremi is better than thoese two plain and simple
                      Gucci will be part of the past in couple of years. Taremi and Sharifi are the ones that we are going to start seeing much more in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        Gucci will be part of the past in couple of years. Taremi and Sharifi are the ones that we are going to start seeing much more in the future.
                        past?how old is gucci?he is like 26-27, he can play for another 6 years, however in future, i believe kaveh rezaei is better than taremi, how many easy chances he missed against guam, you think big teams will let me have that many chances

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          No. We were capable of beating Japan if we needed to. We had the best team in tournament that year and would have won it, had it not been for another HIGHWAY ROBBERY by the Lebanese Ref in the Semi-final.

Don't judge that team just on the basis of that one HICCUP game against Oman.
                          We've always had the best team. We have always been the best team in Asia. Somehow our last trophy in Asia dates back to 1976. But we are the best team Damavand jaan. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            past?how old is gucci?he is like 26-27, he can play for another 6 years, however in future, i believe kaveh rezaei is better than taremi, how many easy chances he missed against guam, you think big teams will let me have that many chances
                            He's 28 years old my Rashti friend

Comment

Originally posted by jumba47 View Post
                              He's 28 years old my Rashti friend
                              28 is ok, he can play till 2020,even 2022,

Comment

Iran's best strikers for NT at the moment IMO:

1. Azmoun
                                2. Gucci
                                3. Ansarifard
                                4. Sharifi
                                5. Taremi