Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Afghans and Tajiks as Persian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persianpopinjay View Post
    It's such a common (and irritating) mistake though.
    When people come up to you and ask 'What's your nationality?' Australian....
    'No, no *insert awkward laugh here* - I meant your nationality?'
    Basically they're asking you to contradict what it says on the passport.
    Lol that always happens to me. I was brought up in Australia, speak like an Australian and act like one and still some Aussies insist I am not one of them. I have an Iranian Passport which I have hardly ever used and just kept it for like the sake of keeping one. But I have an Australian passport which I always use and proud of using everywhere in the world.

Basically I always try to insist to people I am Australian first and Iranian second. I always hope there isn't any contradiction.

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    How ironic then that you are a member of Persian football dot com. Persia still exists mate, ever heard of the Iranian province Fars/Pars?
    If your from places like Shiraz and other places in Fars which have historically been considered Persian you can like call yourself Persian but what if your from other places in Iran? The use of Iranian like easily incorporates and ties together all the diverse peoples of our plateau instead of insisting everyone is like Persian if your from Iran.

Comment

I am always proud of being this from my first prefrances to the least ....

DalghozAbadian>Iranian>Persian>Kurdish>Russian>... ..>Jewish/Arab>...>African>...>Monkey>...>Bacteria....>void

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
        I am always proud of being this from my first prefrances to the least ....

DalghozAbadian>Iranian>Persian>Kurdish>Russian>... ..>Jewish/Arab>...>African>...>Monkey>...>Bacteria....>void
        So black people are one level above monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          So black people are one level above monkeys
          You are reading it wrong. That refers to homo Sapien origin of current human who came out of Africa. And it refer to my ancestors going back in history...

Comment

Originally posted by Mir Javad View Post
            Lol that always happens to me. I was brought up in Australia, speak like an Australian and act like one and still some Aussies insist I am not one of them. I have an Iranian Passport which I have hardly ever used and just kept it for like the sake of keeping one. But I have an Australian passport which I always use and proud of using everywhere in the world.

Basically I always try to insist to people I am Australian first and Iranian second. I always hope there isn't any contradiction.

If your from places like Shiraz and other places in Fars which have historically been considered Persian you can like call yourself Persian but what if your from other places in Iran? The use of Iranian like easily incorporates and ties together all the diverse peoples of our plateau instead of insisting everyone is like Persian if your from Iran.
            Persians also live in other cities and provinces other than the province Pars and Shiraz, fe Mashhad, Tehran, Esfahan, Yazd, Hamedan and many many other cities/places in Iran. Furthermore Iranians of all backgrounds can refer to themselves as Persian as it refers to their glorious and rich history. Many people have the wrong assumption that Persia no longer exists. Iran and Persia are not mutually exclusive, they mean the same mate.

Comment

Persian is an ethnicity so who are we to decide? if they are, then they are, if they're not, they're not.

What I'm really trying to say is, who the fuck cares?

Comment

Yes, I consider Tajiks and Afghans Persian.

And I hope one day they progress in football, so all three countries can dominate the arabs in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                  You guys know that Afghanistan and Tajikstan are separatists of Iran right? How can you welcome them back when they destroyed our glorious country and its borders.
                  Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Tajikistan - stolen by the Russians. They never had separatist tendencies.
                  Afghanistan - I have no idea.
                  Tajikestan was never part of Iran to be stolen or be considered as separatists! Afghanistan was separated by the Brits for a very long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Tajikestan was never part of Iran to be stolen or be considered as separatists! Afghanistan was separated by the Brits for a very long time ago.
                    Tajiksitan was a Qajar dependency under Khanate of Khiva and Emirate of Bukhara until it was conquered by Russians.

Comment

Working...
                    X