Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Afghans and Tajiks as Persian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you consider Afghans and Tajiks as Persian or not?

I am asking this because I want to know if Afghan or Tajik leagues are also considered as a part of this forum, since it is Persian football.com

I want to have a good discussion here and know our members opinion so I will set up a poll and wait for your opinion as well. Feel free to say whatever you want I am not bashing any one for their opinion. This is free world.
    here is a video about Afghanis love of IPL

Only Iranians are considered Persians in this website
    0%
    Tajiks and Afghans are also considered Persians here
    0%
    Only Tajiks and Iranians are considered Persians here
    0%
    Only Afghanis adn Iranians are considered Persians here
    0%

The poll is expired.

First you need to define "Persian".

If we are speaking linguistically then yes.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
      First you need to define "Persian".

If we are speaking linguistically then yes.
      I am talking about the Ethnological-linguistic and cultural concepts. You can answer them all in general or particular. It is your call.

I personally consider Tajiks in both Afghanistan and Tajikistan ethnologically, linguistically and culturally Persians and Hazara in Afghanistan linguistically and culturally Persians. Beside any Farsi speaker and Iranian-oriented in those countries as cultural Persians. Many Pashtuns and other minorities have Persianized over centuries of living in Afghanistan/Tajikistan and became Persian affiliates.

Comment

They are part of the bigger Iranian family. Persians are "only" a part of Iranian people themselves.
        Persians = nope
        Iranians = yes
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Lol. Who cares about Afghanistans footballer league? No offense to afganis.

Comment

If we had more Tajik/Afghan members I wouldnt see a problem with having a thread about their leagues and football. The issue is that IPL is far more advanced than their football and we follow it more closely. I do believe there are about 15-20 Iranians in the Tajik League.

Comment

You guys know that Afghanistan and Tajikstan are separatists of Iran right? How can you welcome them back when they destroyed our glorious country and its borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                You guys know that Afghanistan and Tajikstan are separatists of Iran right? How can you welcome them back when they destroyed our glorious country and its borders.
                Tajikistan - stolen by the Russians. They never had separatist tendencies.
                Afghanistan - I have no idea.

Comment

I Don't consider them Persian, simply because they're not ethnically Persian. But neither are many, many other Iranians living inside and outside Iran. Now if you believe in the concept of 'Iranic Peoples' as a distinct ethnolinguistic group (which I think I do), for that you can certainly make a case.

Comment

Other: Only Tajiks and Afghans are considered Persian.

Comment

J/K. If they are good looking the are persian. If they are ug and javat they are not.

Comment

It is so oxymoron for a bunch of people who were born or raised outside Iran to vote on who is Persian and who is not. Anyway probably this is in the wrong forum.
                        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Their leagues are not considered part of this forum.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Persian is a race.

Iranian is a nationality.

Afghans are neither, some Tajik's consider themselves Iranian...

We have Iranian-Arabs, Iranian-Azeri's, Iranian-Baluchi among others including Iranian-Persians...

Persian's birthplace is the province of Fars(Shiraz).

Comment

Well, they're not ethnically Persian (after all, even in Iran, the Persians are only one of the many diverse ethnic groups), and linguistically not all of them could be considered Persian either, e.g. Pashtuns (although I'm not sure if you're counting Pashtuns in with the Afghans, but since you're referring to their national leagues, I'm going to assume so).
                              They are an Iranian people though.
                              Proud 2b part of #TrotsRabbleDogs as a working class dog, Oz Corbynite & jaded republican.

"I'll always walk around like a Persian popinjay, and no one's gonna stop me, honey!"―Freddie Mercury.

Comment

Working...
                              X