World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toopchi View Post
    Just caught the tail end of the UAE vs Japan game and that Omar Abdulrahman is mezmerizingly good! I remember when he played against us in the asian cup he was constantly a threat, but we contained him well by not letting him get any touches in the final third. But, the guy plays with such imagination, I always wondered why he didn't play in Europe and i think I know why now.. the kind of tricks he pulls would never be sanctioned in a competitive league like EPL. But he pulls off these amazing moves so effortlessly against an opponent like Japan.

Just like any irani, I've never been a fan of Arab teams. But I'm growing some serious respect for the UAE, they play like a club team, and they didn't pull any overt grass rolling antiques even though this was such a huge result for them. Gotta give them respect when its due.
    they did pull a few

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
      Good win by South Korea but I think it would make our match against China even more difficult cause now they can't afford to lose any more points if they want to stay alive in this competition.
      I think the fact that they need to pick up points against us works in our favor. They'll have to approach the game with a more attacking mentality, which plays right into our defensive, counter-attacking tactics. From the 3 goals they conceded one was a free kick and two were from cut backs at the edge of the box, which happens to be where most of our goals come from too. They'll push forward and get exposed on the wings like they were today.

Comment

Originally posted by toopchi View Post
        Just caught the tail end of the UAE vs Japan game and that Omar Abdulrahman is mezmerizingly good! I remember when he played against us in the asian cup he was constantly a threat, but we contained him well by not letting him get any touches in the final third. But, the guy plays with such imagination, I always wondered why he didn't play in Europe and i think I know why now.. the kind of tricks he pulls would never be sanctioned in a competitive league like EPL. But he pulls off these amazing moves so effortlessly against an opponent like Japan.

Just like any irani, I've never been a fan of Arab teams. But I'm growing some serious respect for the UAE, they play like a club team, and they didn't pull any overt grass rolling antiques even though this was such a huge result for them. Gotta give them respect when its due.
        I was thinking the same, and I am happy they are in the same group than KSA.
        He had a trial with Man City some years ago but administrative pb make the deal fail. And he seems to be a kind of AK8, enjoying his time and life in UAE and lazy about a move in Europe (Spain, portugal, Italy could suit him well).

Comment

Korea - China 3-2 FT

China will be desperate not to lose against us on Tue.

Comment

Summary

1. The free kick which resulted in UAE's equalizer wasn't a foul.
            2. The penalty kick UAE scored wasn't a foul.
            3. The Qataris ignored Japan's 100% goal.

Wake up guys, the Arabs will do everything this time.

Comment

The thing with OAR is that while his IQ is high and his skill set is good, physically, if he is bullied, he is not as impressive. He's kind of taken out of the game. Watch our match vs. them in the Asian Cup. CQ knew that was the game plan and UAE's game flows through him. You have to push him, box him out, make him feel physically overwhelmed.

The leagues you guys mentioned, will certainty do that. He is impressive at the Asian level but would not make it in Europe, I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                South Korea 3-0 China
                '69
                This is bad. China will come back very motivated. If they lose to Iran their campaign will be a disaster way too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  This is bad. China will come back very motivated. If they lose to Iran their campaign will be a disaster way too early.
                  South Korea took their foot off the pedal. It was 3-0 them. But yes, you're right.

Comment

BTW, Mahdi Ali - the UAE coach - is of Iranian descent.

He's not a bad coach, at all. Thought his game plan was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      BTW, Mahdi Ali - the UAE coach - is of Iranian descent.

He's not a bad coach, at all. Thought his game plan was right.
                      UAE has become Japan's black cat, as the expression goes.

Completely undeserved, but that 3 points was worth alot for UAE (and the other teams in the group).

Comment

UAE win in Japan should be another warning sign not to underestimate Qatar.

Where will the refs be from today?

Comment

Lets see if we do any better before we call other teams poor.

I also dont buy the Abdulrahman pitch until he does it in a league that is great. Our old Nekounam shut him down and he couldnt even run during the AC. UAE has excellent unity though.

I could tell you it definitely wont be EPL/Serie . Most Defensive midfielders would chop him down and possibly send him off injured for trying cute tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            UAE win in Japan should be another warning sign not to underestimate Qatar.

Where will the refs be from today?
                            Sri Lanka.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              UAE has become Japan's black cat, as the expression goes.

Completely undeserved, but that 3 points was worth alot for UAE (and the other teams in the group).
                              Japan is organized, from an administrative standpoint. Hope they fight AFC and put pressure on them, so that AFC next time considers who they give refereeing stripes to.

Comment

So Korea did not drop any points at home today. Lets see if our group's other contender (Uzbeks) can do the same

Comment

Working...
                                X