World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fostovar View Post
    2-2 at HOME with the A team vs a WAR TORN COUNTRY with no hope. Yes let's be super proud of that...
    2-2 versus a team who had everything to play for and everything to lose.
    Don't take that for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Today is the national day of arab countries : Syria to playoff, KSA qualified, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt on a good path
      still few more games left. hold your horses. Saudi might be their only representative.
      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
        still few more games left. hold your horses. Saudi might be their only representative.
        tunsia and egypt just beat/tie their direct opponents for qualification

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
          not with today's performance
          Consistency being the key. We had 2 bad games and we got 4 points out of those (leg 1 qatar, leg 2 syria).
          Compare that to the f*** ups the other teams had.
          Why are we so hesitant to say TM qualified easily compared to the other top 4 teams. Its a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Consistency being the key. We had 2 bad games and we got 4 points out of those (leg 1 qatar, leg 2 syria).
            Why are we so hesitant to say TM qualified easily compared to the other top 4 teams. Its a fact.
            Don't waste your breath bro.

Some people are real melodramatic here and real debbie-downers.

Comment

I think the fact that we messed up the clean sheet record at home in the last game against Syria makes people react extra emotional and sometimes not really rational.

Guys let's forget this game and remember that not so long ago we were in a very different situation until the last match and even further (play-offs).

Let's be happy that we will be in Russia next year with a strong team that, of course also depending on the draw, has a realistic chance to make the knocl-out stage.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by fostovar View Post
                I don't see Syria getting passed Australia and from the looks like they will end up playing teams like Panama/Honduros. Asia will have 5 teams this time around.
                Two things:

1) Australia will be stupid to take Syria lightly. Australia itself is not that strong these days. Bonus: Syria may choose Iran to play its home game. Choosing Malaysia or Thailand would be stupid since they are close to Australia and far from Syria. They would be smart to pick a West Asian host country and the only other possible choice would be Lebanon.

2- I would not bet on Australia (or Syria) easily beating Honduras, or even Panama for that matter. The only easy team to beat in that group (for Aussies) is Trinidad. Aussies are at best as good as US right now (probably even weaker than US).
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

In all fairness, Saudi actually deserved to make it more than South Korea and even Aussie.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    In all fairness, Saudi actually deserved to make it more than South Korea and even Aussie.
                    KSA played pretty damn good today.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      True. But let's not forget they got 3 penalties in their first 2 games to beat Thailand and Iraq. If Asian refs weren't such garbage, they would be in a much more difficult situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        I am disappointed too but this is football sometimes you get the result you want (as happened in the most part of our wcq) sometimes you don't and if you don't want to see the failures then please leave and don't waste your time. As also something i noticed and pretty sure you noticed too there is plenty of members that have been appeared after a long time after Syria game. Those are the ones who seek for our failures but we will improve and we will show the real power of TM in the world cup.
                        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                          I think the fact that we messed up the clean sheet record at home in the last game against Syria makes people react extra emotional and sometimes not really rational.

Guys let's forget this game and remember that not so long ago we were in a very different situation until the last match and even further (play-offs).

Let's be happy that we will be in Russia next year with a strong team that, of course also depending on the draw, has a realistic chance to make the knocl-out stage.
                          hamin, thanks for your post Amin jan, that's unfortunately a typical Iranian attitude, never be happy with what you achieved, always criticise and seach for the needle in a haystack... For gods sake, 4 years ago we lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan, we were denied by Qatar at home and only qualified by winning the last three matches with ghaz o gooz. 8 years ago we lost to Saudi Arabia at home, and gave away too many points with useless ties and allowed Kim Jong Il's hobby team to travel to South Africa and to embarrass whole Asia.....

how is the situation today:

-) best defence in Asia

-) best Asian team regarding the points achieved during the campaign

-) best ranked Asian team

-) even within the TOP 30 after many years

....honestly I have no idea what makes some members any better than the Iranian crybaby melodramatic media.
                          TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Guys we have no clue where we stand globally as we don't play any competitive friendlies. Struggling against Syria adds to the I security on where we really stand. Look at our goalie he had barely shots on goal during our campaign so there was no real test. Today we were shown what we get...we need competitive friendlies to really understand where we stand.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Saudi Arabia made it to the WC as 8th team.

The number 8 fits them well.

Comment

There might be a number of World Cup regulars missing out next year: Argentina, Holland, USA, Australia, Cameroon.....
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X