No announcement yet.

Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a TM player. He should not get a defensive role. But he is a good attacking player.He should play once he is not in a good shape he should be subbed out. I specially like his long passes.

Comment

I see a lot of people bring ''drawing fouls'' as a reason to include him. Yes, it is one's opinion and opinions vary.
      But here's a question. Merely naming what he can (or could or used to ) do is one thing. But put that in the context of a comparison with other players available to us and then see which one has more attributes and at what levels.

For example merely saying he draws fouls does not really help. It's like me saying X runs or can shoot. Fine. But what about it when we compare that with Y or Z.

As an example, Martin brought up a valid factor (height) IN COMPARISON to the alternatives like Khalatbari. Now, that is the way to decide whether a player deserves to be in TM. Coz as he mentioned, only 23 can be there. Therefore each slot is put up for comparison/competition between at least 6-7 candidates.

That's why when I bring up names, it is not only mentioning x can run or y is ... etc. It is "X runs FASTER than Y'.
      Otherwise if drawing fouls is the concern, so do Khalatbari and Rafiei and ...etc.

Yes, he is taller than Khalatbari. But does he use it to his advantage? Where? How? He os almost useless in the box. And on Fredericks, he is the one taking them (which are not exactly earth shattering ones and plenty of others can take just as dangerous ones or more).
      Does that height translate into a higher physical attribute? Hardly. He gets bumped off the ball with the slightest nudge.

Experience? Not that all that experience has helped him calm down to resist getting yellow and red cards. But you may have 20 years of la Liga experience. If you don't have the legs to convert that into hard running or passing, then that's just as good as nothing.

Comment

He should be benched and brought on in the last 10-15 minutes. Like DD pointed out, Masoud might be tall,but I dont think I have ever seen him head a ball or use his height to his advantage.

Comment

Hes to slow , his mentality is weak , just sometimes he does a dribble or 2 and thats all , we need to get in KB and Mehdi sharifi in the squad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unique football View Post
            Hes to slow , his mentality is weak , just sometimes he does a dribble or 2 and thats all , we need to get in KB and Mehdi sharifi in the squad.
            WHO is KB? Shojaei was subbed with Souroush rafiei in the last TM game.
            One of the positive thing in Iranin football is that Khozestan is coming close to their level before the war.
            We all expected JB to be the best player. He was not so good at all and was subbed. That happens all the time but Shojaei can change a game. Las Palmas was about to pemote until we called Shojaei
            home for World cup. He is a good player.

Comment

As much as i like Shojai to break his legs and never appear on any pitch with a TM shirt on i agree that he should be benched, only in very serious cases should he be substituted.

Comment

masoud is a good player but he need to start from the bench, he always disapoint for some reason

Comment

I said it four years ago when Ghotbi made mistake using him in the critical game and he performed poorly. He has become an average player since his injury and is not good enough to play along Gucci or Dej and anyone else.

To use him in TM it means you rub others from the opportunity to develop. An average player may shine one day and he has had many days with no shining. He is a solid average player but that can perform well some days. I best I will score 2 out of 3 shots if I have a good day so this is not a good way to argue and support a player. When you have others who can do near miracles at times and are not liability use them. Don't forget Masoud's unnecesary fouls he commits. It takes some courage to say enough is enough. Branko had lost his courage when he could not bench the tired Daei in World cup. If you want a player just because he may shine in a few minutes in emergency situation you might as well use Ali karimi. But TM is not and should not be a place where a player may be good only for few minutes or get lucky to put his skills to use.
                  Just look at Dej and see how much of himself he gives to TM. 200% ? maybe close to it.
                  Just because a player was good once upon time or just because he plays in Spain does not make him superior to others in IPL. Hopefully we can see Masoud in IPL just one season and see if he can be half as good as Navidkia or many others.
                  He is ok but not Tamaam Ayaar.

Comment

Masoud's pretty old for someone playing in that position and he'll be leaving TM soon anyway. I think we have MUCH better options for starters for that position and CQ's playing style and even MUCH better options of younger players to sit on the bench or to come in as subs and to gain some experience in the Asian Cup.

We're all appreciative of the service he has done for TM, but the time comes where every player has to go and IMHO this is Shajaei's time before he loses any more fans or respect.

The fact that 4 out of 5 fans think he should not be a starter speaks volumes. The same poll conducted last year would have probably yielded much lower results and the year before than even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                      We're all appreciative of the service he has done for TM, but the time comes where every player has to go and IMHO this is Shajaei's time before he loses any more fans or respect.
                      Behrou Jan I could say the same thing about NN before the game but did you see what he did to South Korea? I guess CQ will us a combination of Young and epierienced players until he gets a new Young TM. A complete Young TM at this point won't be strong enough.

Comment

He played class on the right wing against Argentina. Worked hard and probably shouldn't have come off for Heydari but it's in the past now. He's still a good player that can be useful to the Team Melli.

Comment

Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                          Behrou Jan I could say the same thing about NN before the game but did you see what he did to South Korea? I guess CQ will us a combination of Young and epierienced players until he gets a new Young TM. A complete Young TM at this point won't be strong enough.
                          Nekounam is the heart of our formation and team since 2006 in every single match. He saved our asses countless times as well and scored many important goals. Even nowadays our midfield doesn't work without him. Don't ever compare Masoud's situation with Nekounam. This one is your opinion, but all Iran think Masoud is crap, there is the difference.

Comment

Shojaie...what to say...

Some say he is tall...I ask, when was the last aerial battle he won? Also, as much as he is tall, he is very very slow, and slows the game down far too much.

Some say he is a game-breaker....I feel he is a momentum killer. He needlessly tries to dribble through the middle of the pitch, often getting his passes or himself picked off, and in the last game, falling over the ball.

Some say he is technically gifted...yes he can dribble, probably better than most team melli players, but if he can't use this skill to thread passes, create opportunities, or if he is not getting us closer to goal, I would rather he not dribble. Dejagah also dribbles, but his usually lead to a breakout play, Shojaie's well, they are just pretty but lead to no offensive creation.

10-15 minutes is the max I would play him, and only if we are in the lead.
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                              Nekounam is the heart of our formation and team since 2006 in every single match. He saved our asses countless times as well and scored many important goals. Even nowadays our midfield doesn't work without him. Don't ever compare Masoud's situation with Nekounam. This one is your opinion, but all Iran think Masoud is crap, there is the difference.
                              Comparing Shojaei with Nekounam is like comparing IR version of RQ170 with the original American one

Comment

Masoud Shojaei belongs to TM. Why? Because I trust in CQ. He believes in him and CQ is a professional who has been very experienced in football for many years, who am I to say Shojaei sucks and CQ is wrong? I am just a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X