No announcement yet.

Iran vs. Turkmenistan March 21 and March 26 Pre-Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the right time to experiment a little with the squad and stating line up.

We need to bring in at least 5 new players to the camp with us (Shoja, Ramin, Karim, Omid and Asadi should be dropped). And two of those new additions should be taking starting spots (one CB, one FB).
    Yousefi is horrendous defensively, so I would not mind we bring in two entirely new Right FB or WBs to test out.
    Between Moghanlou and Asadi, one needs to be drops for Abdi.

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    GN has to start implementing Hazbavi, Hosseinhejat and Allahyar.

These 2 games with Turkmenistan is the perfect time to do so since they are not that strong.

If GN sticks with his usual over aged players, there is no hope for WC26.
    Allahyar is not starting material at the moment. We have better in the PGPL.
    I've been watching him this season and at the moment he's definitely lacking the hunger that made him special. Not a bad option off the bench though.

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    A kaveh zahiroleslam invite would greatly ease the pain and give us something to be excited about re: our future! Please GN give us something!!!
    Everyone keeps hyping this guy up. His numbers seem somewhat average and doesn't seem to have a lot of professional experience.

What exactly qualifies him to have a spot in a national team's roster?

Comment

Its sad that other countries hunt players worldwide and we dont even invite young iranians for a test.

So many young iranians in Europe who could join the camp ....

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I think this is the right time to experiment a little with the squad and stating line up.

We need to bring in at least 5 new players to the camp with us (Shoja, Ramin, Karim, Omid and Asadi should be dropped). And two of those new additions should be taking starting spots (one CB, one FB).
        Yousefi is horrendous defensively, so I would not mind we bring in two entirely new Right FB or WBs to test out.
        Between Moghanlou and Asadi, one needs to be drops for Abdi.

Allahyar is not starting material at the moment. We have better in the PGPL.
        I've been watching him this season and at the moment he's definitely lacking the hunger that made him special. Not a bad option off the bench though.

Everyone keeps hyping this guy up. His numbers seem somewhat average and doesn't seem to have a lot of professional experience.

Re Kaveh...he may or may not be the real product but the idea is to tie him to Iran. Bring him and play him for a few minutes and see where he goes down the line.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          Re Kaveh...he may or may not be the real product but the idea is to tie him to Iran. Bring him and play him for a few minutes and see where he goes down the line.

I don't have an issue with players like him or Saman on the team. My reluctance is that he really hasn't achieved enough to be considered for a call up. He is someone to keep an eye , but a call up is a bit much imo, when we have Abdi, and other talented PGPL players with more experience.

Comment

Didnt turkmenistan just make the quarter finals ? We are clearly under dogs
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I don't have an issue with players like him or Saman on the team. My reluctance is that he really hasn't achieved enough to be considered for a call up. He is someone to keep an eye , but a call up is a bit much imo, when we have Abdi, and other talented PGPL players with more experience.
              Abdi is tied to Iran, no?

Comment

Since Asia will get 8 spots (possibly 9) for the upcoming world cup, it’ll be harder for us to not qualify.

2 years will come in a flash. We need to treat every game as an opportunity to:
                -Work on our build up play from the back
                -Find adequate replacements for Saeed & Saman (even though they’ll be good enough to play in WC26, we need depth)
                -Find replacements/depth for our defensive line
                -Look for replacement for players like Taremi (it will be more likely his last WC)

We have the potential to make a GREAT team by WC 2026 with the mixture of youth & experience.

Comment

How many teams advance from each group?
                  How is this WCQ road/rules ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    Didnt turkmenistan just make the quarter finals ? We are clearly under dogs
                    No that was Tajikistan. I guess we will be the underdogs even against Nepal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      How many teams advance from each group?
                      How is this WCQ road/rules ?

2 from each group will advance to 3rd round 18 teams total

3 groups of 6 teams
                      top 2 each group total of 6 advance direct to wc.

3rd place finishers of each group play eachother round robbin top 2 go direct to world cup last place go intercontinental playoff

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

2 from each group will advance to 3rd round 18 teams total

3 groups of 6 teams
                        top 2 each group total of 6 advance direct to wc.

3rd place finishers of each group play eachother round robbin top 2 go direct to world cup last place go intercontinental playoff
                        Merci Mashdi jan

Comment

Iran
                          Korea
                          Japan
                          Saudi
                          Aussie
                          Qatar
                          Uzbek
                          Iraq
                          Jordan
                          —-
                          9 potential candidates for 7+1 spot!
                          Then add:
                          UAE
                          Syria
                          Oman
                          Tajik
                          Bahrain
                          Which can cause some headaches!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Iran
                            Korea
                            Japan
                            Saudi
                            Aussie
                            Qatar
                            Uzbek
                            Iraq
                            Jordan
                            —-
                            9 potential candidates for 7+1 spot!
                            Then add:
                            UAE
                            Syria
                            Oman
                            Tajik
                            Bahrain
                            Which can cause some headaches!

Now I want qatar in our group🤣

Comment

I’ll keep it nice and simple: 315 mins played in his professional career with 4 goals…..that’s 1 goal per every 79 mins.

hes 21 years old btw….athletic, good knack for goal scoring and tall.

to top it all off our other options are dog sh!t mohhanlou and asadi and an aging ansarifard. It is an absolute no brainer to invite a guy who is young, athletic, and is playing at a higher level than the Iranian/asian standard. He is off to a very solid start and will only get better.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I would have such line up against Turkmenistan :

Niazmand
                                New RB Kanaani Hazbavi Karimazar
                                Ghorbani - Ezza
                                Gholi Hosseinnejad mohebi
                                Azmoun

Subs : ghoddos/khodabandeloufor MF, Taremi/ghaedi/torabi for attack in case we struggle.

Comment

Working...
                                X