No announcement yet.

Post AC reconstruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What supernatural force will be able to teach our players to do crisp ground passes, measured crosses and measured shots?

What supernatural force will teach our defenders not to be cute with the ball or our goalie to not be cute and award penalties like Beiranvand does?

I dont want to sound like a downer but Qatar has Aspire academy, the US has a lot of new academies forming and practicing disciplined play. We will never reach these teams again in thr near futue if we dont kill the " PGL habits" in our players

Comment

GN has had 1 year and multiple friendlies to try to find new players and prepare the team to play his method of football. He used the exact team as his predecessors today, and made mistakes they made multiple times... again. When Nokhodi and others say to avoid foreign managers who have to learn about our players, so we should always have vatani coaches forever just for that reason? This is probably the best time for someone to come in, because they'll need to do the exact same as GN and we have some time as we don't have a super-difficult schedule coming up (although Turkmenistan and Hong Kong might make it difficult on GN tbh judging from the last few weeks).

Just like AC 2011, bring in a successor immediately to take the helm and build his own team just as CQ did for 2014 world cup which was very different from AC 2011 squad. A proper coach will find players, you don't need GN or a vatani coach for that. Just as long as we avoid a wilmots situation, nothing else makes sense, unless we are complacent and okay with TM remaining at the current level.

Comment

man how many post AC reconstructions are we gonna have...?

Another AC after revolution, another post AC reconstruction

the CHzINASXz are OfdfffFF

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          What supernatural force will be able to teach our players to do crisp ground passes, measured crosses and measured shots?

What supernatural force will teach our defenders not to be cute with the ball or our goalie to not be cute and award penalties like Beiranvand does?

I dont want to sound like a downer but Qatar has Aspire academy, the US has a lot of new academies forming and practicing disciplined play. We will never reach these teams again in thr near futue if we dont kill the " PGL habits" in our players
          Exactly!

The worst part is that we had Kia coming to Europe, winning tournaments against strong European academies. The federation wasn't helping, giving them anything.

Where in the world a federation wouldn't invest in an academy that has loads of talents. Of course, the first generation of players may not make it. But little by little, there will be more players in different age categories which means more talents, more chances that some players make it big.

Envoyé de mon A065 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Players like Ansarifard, Hajsafi, Shoja, Rezaeian need to be phased out now. Ebrahimi announced his retirement as i can see. Our "old" players leading up to the WC qualifiers should be the likes of Taremi, Ghoddos, Jahanbakhsh. 30/31 years of age currently. Players like Gholizadeh (27), Ezatolahi (27), Ghayedi (25) etc. will still be at their prime agewise in 2 years time.

We badly need some young players.
            Hosseinzadeh (23) was quite exciting few years ago, but was never the same after he tore his ACL. Had a pretty decent first season in europe at Charleroi last year, depressingly decided to move back to Iran for whatever reason and is at Tractor currently.

Hosseinnejhad (20) seems to be quite a baller, was quite impressive the few times i saw him. Definitely a player to look out for. A move to europe could do wonders for him.

Rostami (20) was probably the most exciting talent over the last few years to come out of Kia Academy. Played 3 or 4 games this season for Pogon's main team in the Polish league and Europa League qualifiers. Now for the 2nd half of the season he got loaned out to Lodz, lets see how much playing time he gets there. In my opinion a pretty exciting prospect, however it seems like the transition from youth to mens football is taking some time for him.

Sayyadmanesh (22) got a pretty decent move to Westerlo now. Belgian league can be a pretty good step for young players, hope he stays injury free and does keep his focus on football only. To be honest, not much to do in places like Hull or Antwerp anyways. I know for a fact i would definitely keep my focus on football solely in those shitholes

Zahiroleslam (21) really came out of nowhere and has quite surprised everyone. The guy literally played college football until 7, 8 months ago and now has cemented himself at St Truiden. 1,94 cm tall, but decent speed and link up play, a pretty exciting CF forward prospect. Is he gonna get called up from Ghalenoei or any other domestic coach, i seriously doubt it. We could potentially lose him to the US and regret it for real in a few years time.

Let us not forget, after Daei and Hashemian, but before Gucci, Sardar and Taremi our CF's in the late 2000's and early 2010's were the the likes of Mohammad Gholami or Mohammad Ghazi. No disrespect but those were some depressing times man.

Gholam Reza Rezaei was our right winger. Khoda biamorz Perspolis #24 was also one of those players who at that time was frequently part of Teammelli that made me hit my head on the TV screen regulary. Dont even get me started on Maziar Zareh or Pejman Nouri.

I'm not Carlos Queiroz biggest fan but he really really gave us a golden generation that has lasted 10 years so far. Khoda be dademun bereste if general motor stays our coach. But what am i sayin, the day we really gonna see some progress is the day IR will be history. Khak bar sare harchi Mollah wa adame khar.🤢🤮

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
              Players like Ansarifard, Hajsafi, Shoja, Rezaeian need to be phased out now. Ebrahimi announced his retirement as i can see. Our "old" players leading up to the WC qualifiers should be the likes of Taremi, Ghoddos, Jahanbakhsh. 30/31 years of age currently. Players like Gholizadeh (27), Ezatolahi (27), Ghayedi (25) etc. will still be at their prime agewise in 2 years time.

We badly need some young players.
              Hosseinzadeh (23) was quite exciting few years ago, but was never the same after he tore his ACL. Had a pretty decent first season in europe at Charleroi last year, depressingly decided to move back to Iran for whatever reason and is at Tractor currently.

Hosseinnejhad (20) seems to be quite a baller, was quite impressive the few times i saw him. Definitely a player to look out for. A move to europe could do wonders for him.

Rostami (20) was probably the most exciting talent over the last few years to come out of Kia Academy. Played 3 or 4 games this season for Pogon's main team in the Polish league and Europa League qualifiers. Now for the 2nd half of the season he got loaned out to Lodz, lets see how much playing time he gets there. In my opinion a pretty exciting prospect, however it seems like the transition from youth to mens football is taking some time for him.

Sayyadmanesh (22) got a pretty decent move to Westerlo now. Belgian league can be a pretty good step for young players, hope he stays injury free and does keep his focus on football only. To be honest, not much to do in places like Hull or Antwerp anyways. I know for a fact i would definitely keep my focus on football solely in those shitholes

Zahiroleslam (21) really came out of nowhere and has quite surprised everyone. The guy literally played college football until 7, 8 months ago and now has cemented himself at St Truiden. 1,94 cm tall, but decent speed and link up play, a pretty exciting CF forward prospect. Is he gonna get called up from Ghalenoei or any other domestic coach, i seriously doubt it. We could potentially lose him to the US and regret it for real in a few years time.

Let us not forget, after Daei and Hashemian, but before Gucci, Sardar and Taremi our CF's in the late 2000's and early 2010's were the the likes of Mohammad Gholami or Mohammad Ghazi. No disrespect but those were some depressing times man.

Gholam Reza Rezaei was our right winger. Khoda biamorz Perspolis #24 was also one of those players who at that time was frequently part of Teammelli that made me hit my head on the TV screen regulary. Dont even get me started on Maziar Zareh or Pejman Nouri.

I'm not Carlos Queiroz biggest fan but he really really gave us a golden generation that has lasted 10 years so far. Khoda be dademun bereste if general motor stays our coach. But what am i sayin, the day we really gonna see some progress is the day IR will be history. Khak bar sare harchi Mollah wa adame khar.🤢🤮

unfortunately our players have huge ego man. hajsafi after game asked if he would retiree said he would come back if asked. he wasnt awful this tournament except today but bro, just leave! we need to gibe others a chance. we had same issue with Daei playing until he was 38 and being ghost vs mexico 2006. our players have huge egos man

Comment

Keeping GN is beyond comprehension at this point, I'm sorry. Hire Morais and keep him here long term. And don't tell me we can't get him. He's in Iran and will come for the right price. Screw Sepahan, they'll get spanked in ACL anyway. Or just have him come after ACL

If there's a time to change course and take some risk, ITS NOW, since there's the time to do it. We'll be fine in World Cup qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post

unfortunately our players have huge ego man. hajsafi after game asked if he would retiree said he would come back if asked. he wasnt awful this tournament except today but bro, just leave! we need to gibe others a chance. we had same issue with Daei playing until he was 38 and being ghost vs mexico 2006. our players have huge egos man
                  As much of a legend Daei was, but he really fucked us up two times, first as a player then as a coach. Not retiring from TM after AC 2004, and all the drama caused in 2008/09 as our coach. Karimi was not the 2004 Karimi anymore but still only 29/30 years of age. In a talentless team that we had back then he was a must inclusion.

Comment

Do not worry GN will phase himself out. He is a self-destructor. He will find a way to fire himself.
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post
                      I have followed Team Melli since 1996 AC and when we played Australia in the playoff for the last wc spot for France 98 and had 90% antiklimax.

I just realised how RARE it is to feel real joy as a Team melli fan, 28 years and i can count the happy times on only one hand.

Ac 1996 = demolished Saudi 3-0 and South Korea 6-2 in the group and lost to Saudi in PK in the semis. Antiklimax

Wc 98= A brainfart Nakisa that cost us the Yugoslavia game that in the end cost us the r16 . Antiklimax ( the USA win was sweet tho).

Wcq 2002 campaign = Total heartbreak whit the best ever iranian team that chokes against Bahrain and loses 3-1 that sends us to playoff whit Ireland instead of directly to the Wc who knocks us out and we miss wc 2002 whit the best squad we ever had. Antiklimax

Asian cup 2004= Chokes in the semis against China after a amazing win over South Korea 4-3 in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wc 2006= Total disaster whit on paper a competent team whit a bundesliga backbone. Antiklimax

Ac 2007= Choke against South Korea in PK in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wcq 2010 campaign = Total disaster and ends up fourth in a group whit South Korea, North Korea, Saudi and UAE and missed Wc 2010. Antiklimax

Ac 2011= Choke against South Korea in quarterfinal in AET. Antiklimax

Wc 2014= Choke in the last minute and lose the game against Argentina and missed 3 golden chanses to score in the game and gets demolished by Bosnia in the do or die game . Antiklimax

Ac 2015= Chokes against Iraq on penalties in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wc 2018= Taremi chokes and misses the golden chanse against portugal to send us to the r16. Antiklimax

Ac 2019 = Chokes against Japan and get demolished 3-0 in the semifinal.Antiklimax

Wc 2022= Gets demolished by England 6-2 and chokes against USA and loses 1-0 when we only needed a DRAW to go to the r16 för the first time ever. Antiklimax

Ac 2023= Chokes against Qatar in the semifinal 3-2 and pissed away the easiest semifinal and potential final in decades to lift the trophy after 48 years. ANTIKLIMAX!!

We need fundemental changes that only can come whit a new government that is willing to invest in things that will help us erase our poor unstable chokementality.

The other 10% joy is for example the japan win, morocco win , Australia win in playoff, very rare moments of joy.

I am again so emotionally drained , you think it will be easier whit time, but damn I was wrong 💔
                      We won't win Asian Cup unless IR falls. That's just a simple fact for me. You can't win World's Strongest Man if you are suffering from dysentery

BUT we may get to final if there is a professional psychological and mental support team to help the players AND they themselves learn to practice mindfulness, meditate etc... ​ and manage the various pressures of a prison nation hoping for some vestige of happiness through their results.

No going on the pitch when the game is still happening, no tears for every type of event (when Jordan beat Korea, they got the flag and were happy but they weren't overcome by extreme emotion like our key players were)

We had a hint of possibility with Dr Craig Duncan, but only joining for a few weeks didn't really achieve anything tangible. This needs to be a long-term thing.

Only then will we reach a final for the first time since the seventies.

Comment

One thing we are bad is quality players pool. Unfortunately we can't afford having Allahyar, delfi, shariati, salmani career ending injuries, Hosseinzadeh become suddenly lethargic, Ghaedi ditching football for dubai mall sales.

Comment

what are our true great team melli moments in more modern times? (Post 1990s)

1997 vs australia
                          1998 win vs usa
                          2013 WCQ Reza winner vs korea
                          2018 vs morocco
                          2022 vs wales

thats kind of it. everything else has been misery LOL. a couple nice asian cup wins (6-2, 4-3 korea, 2-1 japan)but all ended with massive chokes and no final appearances. supporting this team is pure torture

Comment

Iraq won the 2007 Asian Cup with a country in tatters.

The problem is we are our own worst enemy. The idiotic coaching staff is complaining about things outside of our control before the match even starts, making big news at press conferences, always blaming others for his problems and never taking any responsibility for what we must do to improve. It's a narcissism of the highest order, almost a victim complex we need to shed off. Culturally we do have problems. Having a coach who feeds into that is cancerous for the team. I am so angry at GN for this I don't know what I'd do if I saw him in person.

Yahya probably would've been a better option. He actually has AC success and is more professional.

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

We won't win Asian Cup unless IR falls. That's just a simple fact for me. You can't win World's Strongest Man if you are suffering from dysentery

BUT we may get to final if there is a professional psychological and mental support team to help the players AND they themselves learn to practice mindfulness, meditate etc... ​ and manage the various pressures of a prison nation hoping for some vestige of happiness through their results.

No going on the pitch when the game is still happening, no tears for every type of event (when Jordan beat Korea, they got the flag and were happy but they weren't overcome by extreme emotion like our key players were)

We had a hint of possibility with Dr Craig Duncan, but only joining for a few weeks didn't really achieve anything tangible. This needs to be a long-term thing.

Only then will we reach a final for the first time since the seventies.

Comment

Iran vs USA 1998 was the happiest moment which created the most long-term TM fans imho..... It was also when many of us had some inkling of hope, but still didn't expect the victory like that

Definitely for me was much bigger and more emotional than Wales or Morocco wins

Comment

I think one factor that is overlooked is that this generation of millennial footballers came to age during the best socio-economic environment of post Pahlavi Iran. They went through their child hoods and teenage years when "things were better". They don't have the neglect, trauma , and nihilism of the gen Z Iranian footballers.

Because of impacts of sanctions and decades of mismanagement, the next generation of Iranian footballers will be more deprived, less talented and physically inferior.

I'm too inebriated to fully explain my point. But I do truly believe when I say we have witnessed the peak of Iranian international football.

We might produce some individual talents which surpass Daei and Taremi, but as a squad, we will probably never reach this level again. At least not in my life time.

Comment

Working...
                                X