No announcement yet.

Iran vs Qatar post game thread and players rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pfiuz Taj had balls to fire Skocic 2 months before WC. Will see if he will have the same balls to go against the mainstream stupid idea that GN should stay.

Comment

Most of the players were below average, some of them really bad. Only few were better than other like Ezzi, Sardar, ARJ, Kaanani and Shoja. Saman improved in second half but still miles away from his best.

Ramin Sucked big time, both in defence which is normal for him but at least he use to be better in offence but today he had not a single cross with quality. I dont know how many cross balls he had, at least 10, one worse than other.

Beiro, such a disappointment in general but particularly this game, beside one or two decent saves, his footworks sucked big time in first half. He was not the goalkeeper we used to feel safe with. Even liability in the areal balls.

Taremi, I dont know what to say about him but we had so much hope on him before this tournament be had a really bad tournament beside the game vs UAE.

Mohebi did decent job after he was subbed in.

Omid Ebrahimi had not a good game at all

Milad did okey, better than Ehsan.

Comment

People in Sanandaj celebrating the loss of TM

Comment

Nothing but BS excuses which we have heard repeatedly for 48 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
            People in Sanandaj celebrating the loss of TM
            As a Kurd, who gives a sH*t.

Comment

JB - mixed result. He has scored 2 crucial penalties something that has not been a guarantee in the past with TM players. He hustles, and is all over the field, which is why he is involved in so many of the attacks .... on the negative side, his turnovers and aimless crosses are way too many. - 6

Shoja - solid in the back. Made some nice tackles in the backfield. Let's not forget he saved a sure goal as he headed the ball away while Beiro was in the opposite side. Yes, that red card hurt, but honestly we wouldn't even had a chance if Qata had scored that goal - 7

Beiro - Nothing special from him. As usual his pass distribution through his kicks is horrible, and for some reason he no longer goes to his far more accurate long throws. Time for a change. - 4

Taremi - had his best game while on the bench during the Japan game - 3

Saman - was solid. All over the field and distrbuted the ball well - 7

Ezzatollahi - He was steady on defense, controlled the line and was dominant in the air - 7

Azmoun - had he scored that last shot that hit the bar, he would get a 9.

Hajsafi - needs to retire

Mohammadi was a good replacement for Hajsafi just because of his speed.

Mohebbi - nothing special.

Omid - needs to retire

The momentum and the game itself was lost after that Taremi incident which we never got to see the replay. It's sad that a team of stars, many of which play in europe lose to a dinky team consisting of local players in a country with a population of 2M.....Yes it was home field for Qatar, but at the same time, we had thousands of fans in the stadium.

Lack of preparation, a coaching staff that wouldn't get jobs outside of Iran if their lives dependent on it, and ofcourse, unfortunately, some bad luck leads us to another loss
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Pfiuz Taj had balls to fire Skocic 2 months before WC. Will see if he will have the same balls to go against the mainstream stupid idea that GN should stay.
                Taj hates GN. He wants GN fired.
                Mirshad Majedi's group wants to keep GN.

What we really need is an overhaul of our youth system.
                Majid Jalali is setting up a formal youth scouting structure, which is a first step.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post

worst part was trying to make it seem like hes defending irans honour and defo not coz they insulted him lmaoooooo
                  “I did it for the people of Iran”

boro baba goozidi

Comment

Originally posted by Pishi_Rules View Post

Oracle, can you pray we get through these hard times ?

I think JB is quality, him and Milad still have a place off the bench
                    Leave it in God's hand ,he has reason for this defeat.
                    Will do the prayers

Comment

To sum up our tournement

Positives:

+ Managed to win on penalty shootouts for the first time, and this despite being one man down for more than 40 min.

+ Managed to beat Japan who is a world powerhouse (not just Asian powerhouse). And we really out played them. We won them on knockout stage to and sent them home.

+ Managed to reach Semifinals with a vatani coach and coaching staff. Most of us thought that Quarter finals would be our maximum stage we could reach

Negatives:

- We cant get past semifinals still...

- Poor defence, most of the goals we achived was on defencive errors and i the coaching staff could not fix this despite knowing about it.

- Not giving chance to younger players, so we did not think about the future... Who is our next stars?

- Sloppy and lazy performances from some of our players, they did not give their all when it mathers.. Some players could have done more

All in all i can say that this was a ok performance, and we managed to reach our peak here with a vatani coach and considering the kind preparations we had. Lets put emotions aside here, we really got unlucky against Qatar. But i have no doubt that most likely we would have lost to Jordan...

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                        In his post game interview, GN said:

I am solely to blame for this loss, I apologize to the people of Iran. This is the worst night of my life. We failed to capitalize on chances. Moving forward, we must move on and integrate younger players into the national team to prepare for the 2026 World Cup."

Best as I could translate it
                        we need to change the "We" to "they"
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

we need to change the "We" to "they"
                          let give the guy some credit... did any of u really think we could reach Semis? haha i dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                            My advice to young football fans is to stick to something solid instead of a TM Abbaki. I have worked so hard for this TM many nights and days of my life just for the love and they never deliver so if you stick to your studies or carrier, you will be much better off because with this team you will only get heartbreak and failure. Take this advice from a die hard fan that gave everything during my whole life and never got anything back.
                            We appreciate you, man. Thanks for all you do

Comment

I have followed Team Melli since 1996 AC and when we played Australia in the playoff for the last wc spot for France 98 and had 90% antiklimax.

I just realised how RARE it is to feel real joy as a Team melli fan, 28 years and i can count the happy times on only one hand.

Ac 1996 = demolished Saudi 3-0 and South Korea 6-2 in the group and lost to Saudi in PK in the semis. Antiklimax

Wc 98= A brainfart Nakisa that cost us the Yugoslavia game that in the end cost us the r16 . Antiklimax ( the USA win was sweet tho).

Wcq 2002 campaign = Total heartbreak whit the best ever iranian team that chokes against Bahrain and loses 3-1 that sends us to playoff whit Ireland instead of directly to the Wc who knocks us out and we miss wc 2002 whit the best squad we ever had. Antiklimax

Asian cup 2004= Chokes in the semis against China after a amazing win over South Korea 4-3 in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wc 2006= Total disaster whit on paper a competent team whit a bundesliga backbone. Antiklimax

Ac 2007= Choke against South Korea in PK in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wcq 2010 campaign = Total disaster and ends up fourth in a group whit South Korea, North Korea, Saudi and UAE and missed Wc 2010. Antiklimax

Ac 2011= Choke against South Korea in quarterfinal in AET. Antiklimax

Wc 2014= Choke in the last minute and lose the game against Argentina and missed 3 golden chanses to score in the game and gets demolished by Bosnia in the do or die game . Antiklimax

Ac 2015= Chokes against Iraq on penalties in the quarterfinal. Antiklimax

Wc 2018= Taremi chokes and misses the golden chanse against portugal to send us to the r16. Antiklimax

Ac 2019 = Chokes against Japan and get demolished 3-0 in the semifinal.Antiklimax

Wc 2022= Gets demolished by England 6-2 and chokes against USA and loses 1-0 when we only needed a DRAW to go to the r16 för the first time ever. Antiklimax

Ac 2023= Chokes against Qatar in the semifinal 3-2 and pissed away the easiest semifinal and potential final in decades to lift the trophy after 48 years. ANTIKLIMAX!!

We need fundemental changes that only can come whit a new government that is willing to invest in things that will help us erase our poor unstable chokementality.

The other 10% joy is for example the japan win, morocco win , Australia win in playoff, very rare moments of joy.

I am again so emotionally drained , you think it will be easier whit time, but damn I was wrong 💔

Comment

Beiro 4 - He had a poor tournament. Other than being a good shot stopper, he's a liability. Poor exits, dangerous with his feet, constantly yelling at his teammates. I think he's over-rated and we should give our backup GKs a good hard look moving forward.

Ramin 4 - Another poor game from him. Wasn't great defensively and was poor coming forward. Time for him to say goodbye to TM.

Kanani 6 - I thought he was decent, was key in a few 1:1 challenges (especially after the red).

Shoja 6.5 - He saved a goal and the red wasn't his fault (he had to foul). He was one of our better players this tournament.

Ehsan 4 - Looked off all first half, was probably injured.

Omid 4 - I love him and defended him but he was pretty bad in the first half today, lots of poor turnovers. I don't get why he started, we didn't need to play so defensive.

Saeid 7 - Very solid game. Very good in midfield and solid distribution. Helped keep the team together after the red. He is probably my player of the tournament (next to Shoja).

Saman 5 - He had a really poor first half, very unlike him (I think the moment was getting to him). But was much better in the second half.

JB 6 - Played his heart out, but his final delivery was so poor. Crosses are supposed to be one of his strengths, but he botched 5-6 crosses today. He didn't have one good cross for Sardar/Mehdi. Even Milad had better crosses.

Taremi 4 - Really poor. Bad touches, bad decisions. Missed a few good chances. Lots of complaining. That 97th minute header that he hit (when he should've left it for Sardar/Kanani) was such an important miscommunication.

Sardar 7 - I thought he played well. Had a very nice and difficult goal (made it look easy) and was running his behind off. Much better than Mehdi.

SUBS:

Mohebbi 6.5 -
                                Solid game, he is a handful offensively. Big, strong, won many aerial duals. Excited for his future potential.

Milad 6.5 - Another very good game from him. Contained Afif well and saved a goal near the end. If Milad keeps this up, we can make him our starting LB and phase out Ehsan.

Comment

Working...
                                X