TM roster for CAFA 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

I’m confused….what’s the condition? Is it his physical condition or condition as in a demand or request he has that TM denied of him? Or the country’s condition?
    his own out of form condition apparently.

I edited my post to make it a bit more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

his own out of form condition apparently.

I edited my post to make it a bit more clear.
      Sounds like bullshit to me.

He's on the roster of a Premier League team known for having in shape players, and fit enough to come off the bench as a sub (albeit for trash minutes).

Either he doesn't want risk getting injured before signing a contract this off season, wants to enjoy a summer vacation, or he's contemplating retirement from International football.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Sounds like bullshit to me.

He's on the roster of a Premier League team known for having in shape players, and fit enough to come off the bench as a sub (albeit for trash minutes).

Either he doesn't want risk getting injured before signing a contract this off season, wants to enjoy a summer vacation, or he's contemplating retirement from International football.
        Yeah the translation makes it transfer related rather than form related. He’s probably going to Malmo and won’t have availability for June due to preseason.

امیر قلعه‌نویی، سرمربی تیم ملی ایران درباره علت عدم حضور سامان قدوس در فهرست منتشر شده عنوان کرد: سامان قدوس به نظر خودش شرایط خوبی در یک فصل اخیر نداشت و الان به دنبال تغییر باشگاه است و می‌خواهد انتخاب جدیدی داشته باشد.

سرمربی تیم ملی ایران یادآور شد: سامان قدوس با آقای خراطی و الهویی صحبت کرد و مشکلات خود را برای عدم حضور در اردو گفت که ما هم پذیرفتیم.
        https://www.varzesh3.com/news/194161...-تیم-ملی

Comment

He doesn't want get injured before new contract.
          Actually nice of GN to accept it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Memo to general,
            Not making the final in this tournment
            is your end .
            tm should play either oman or uzbak in final, VS Oman final will be great.

from pp
            biravand,pag,danial,Ali nemati,v.amiri,sarlak,torabi,and Saeed should get a call up.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Oh yeah forgot that
              But wasn't Niazmand another one?
              Why he is invited then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Good question. Not really sure. My guess would be that probably Ghalenoei feels that he might need Niazmand in Team Melli so he probably wants to tryout Niazmand, Pourhamidi, Akhbari in training and then choose one or two for Team Melli and one of the GK not selected will perhaps join Team Omid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Milad jaan even with his low mind in league….he is easily much more equipt to go up against the best in Asia (Japan, SK, Saudi, Aussie) than these PGPL garbage players like noorafkan tikdari and azadi who cannot be considered good even on the continental level.

I like zahedi addition, good move there. also like that naderi is getting another chance but my kudos ends there. It’s so stupid to not have saman there….this isn’t me saying it as a fan of saman it’s saying it based on what the team needs and how even a Mickey Mouse tournament like this is important from a preparation perspective because we don’t have much time until AC.
                Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                The U23 camp at the same time than the very weak CAFA makes it hard to analyse the squad. Specially, SS and PP players (mostly some of overrated).

- Shekari/Khodabandelou absence is weird. Inviting ex-players when they are average and letting out ex-players that could be interesting.
                - Allahyar has always a good excuse to miss the camp. How many times did he get married?
                - We don't have better than Naderi a 2nd division turk league player?
                - Nice to see Hosseinzadeh and Zahedi. Nice to see Moghanlou out.
                ​What is it with you guys? and all those journalists, former coaches, former players who have been fuming ever since they heard there is going to be the first ever CAFA tournament? When I say that there are far too many Arab-worshippers and Arab-Wannabees among Iranians, I am not joking! Because all those who loudly been insulting or mocking CAFA tournaments and member nations been "quiet like a mouse" about WAFF Tournaments where Team Melli was mostly hammering likes of Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Bahrain, Qatar. Likes of Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait never took WAFF tournaments seriously, I don't blame them every tournament such as WAFF, CAFA, EAFF should be aimed at giving uncapped, young and bench players the chance to gain more game time. In WAFF tournaments, the four Arab countries from Persian Gulf region that I mentioned, did exactly that. So do Korea and Japan at EAFF. Iran realized that as well, when Ghalenoei was coach in 2007, he went to Mexico with Team Melli players and played a friendly match, while he sent Iran B national team coached by Parviz Mazloomi to WAFF Championship which they won

Also the same Iranians are quiet about Team Melli's planned participation at Jordan Tournament in October with teams being Jordan, Qatar, Iran, Iraq!!!

notes about CAFA teams:

- Kyrgyz Republic : The AFC Asian Cup in Qatar will be their second appearance, last Asia Cup they reached Round of 16. In official matches they are inconsistent, they can lose 2-1 to Australia but then go and lose huge against some lower ranked teams or win or tie with stronger teams.

- Tajikistan: Have been improving very fast. In friendly matches they've shown their strength such as ties with Russia, Iraq. Their recent loss to Kuwait was due to referee taking side of Kuwait. They will debut at AFC Asian Cup. Istiqlol Dushanbe defeated Al Hilal at AFC Champions League few years ago. Just like Kyrgyz Republic they play inconsistently.

- Turkmenistan: has two appearance at AFC Asian Cup. In their Head-to-Head with Team Melli, they were always a dark horse. Team Melli lost few times to them in friendlies, tied them twice at Asian Games and World Cup qualification.

Please be patient with CAFA, stop with the insults and mockery of the tournament and teams. Let's be positive and happy for Team Melli's uncapped, young and bench players to use such tournament specially if played every two years to gain experience and game time. There is no need to line up Iran's top players (Taremi, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Mohammadi, Ansarifard, Beiranvand) at every Team Melli friendly or friendly tournaments game.

If want to complain, then make sure FFIRI withdraws Team Melli from Jordan Tournament in October and instead book friendly matches with likes of Montenegro, North Macedonia, Armenia, Latvia, China PR, Japan, North Korea, CONCACAF or African teams. If want to play Arabs then play Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Mauretania, Sudan, Chad. Also setup friendly match with Turkey in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

​What is it with you guys? and all those journalists, former coaches, former players who have been fuming ever since they heard there is going to be the first ever CAFA tournament? When I say that there are far too many Arab-worshippers and Arab-Wannabees among Iranians, I am not joking! Because all those who loudly been insulting or mocking CAFA tournaments and member nations been "quiet like a mouse" about WAFF Tournaments where Team Melli was mostly hammering likes of Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Bahrain, Qatar. Likes of Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait never took WAFF tournaments seriously, I don't blame them every tournament such as WAFF, CAFA, EAFF should be aimed at giving uncapped, young and bench players the chance to gain more game time. In WAFF tournaments, the four Arab countries from Persian Gulf region that I mentioned, did exactly that. So do Korea and Japan at EAFF. Iran realized that as well, when Ghalenoei was coach in 2007, he went to Mexico with Team Melli players and played a friendly match, while he sent Iran B national team coached by Parviz Mazloomi to WAFF Championship which they won

Also the same Iranians are quiet about Team Melli's planned participation at Jordan Tournament in October with teams being Jordan, Qatar, Iran, Iraq!!!

notes about CAFA teams:

- Kyrgyz Republic : The AFC Asian Cup in Qatar will be their second appearance, last Asia Cup they reached Round of 16. In official matches they are inconsistent, they can lose 2-1 to Australia but then go and lose huge against some lower ranked teams or win or tie with stronger teams.

- Tajikistan: Have been improving very fast. In friendly matches they've shown their strength such as ties with Russia, Iraq. Their recent loss to Kuwait was due to referee taking side of Kuwait. They will debut at AFC Asian Cup. Istiqlol Dushanbe defeated Al Hilal at AFC Champions League few years ago. Just like Kyrgyz Republic they play inconsistently.

- Turkmenistan: has two appearance at AFC Asian Cup. In their Head-to-Head with Team Melli, they were always a dark horse. Team Melli lost few times to them in friendlies, tied them twice at Asian Games and World Cup qualification.

Please be patient with CAFA, stop with the insults and mockery of the tournament and teams. Let's be positive and happy for Team Melli's uncapped, young and bench players to use such tournament specially if played every two years to gain experience and game time. There is no need to line up Iran's top players (Taremi, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Mohammadi, Ansarifard, Beiranvand) at every Team Melli friendly or friendly tournaments game.

If want to complain, then make sure FFIRI withdraws Team Melli from Jordan Tournament in October and instead book friendly matches with likes of Montenegro, North Macedonia, Armenia, Latvia, China PR, Japan, North Korea, CONCACAF or African teams. If want to play Arabs then play Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Mauretania, Sudan, Chad. Also setup friendly match with Turkey in September.
                  I prefer central asian teams to arab ones but we have to recognize the firsts are much weaker than the second, specially our group oppenent in CAFA.
                  My priority is TM not to support any asian team to develop and eventually make life harder in wcq, asian cup

Comment

I prefer central asian teams to arab ones but we have to recognize the firsts are much weaker than the second, specially our group oppenent in CAFA.
                    My priority is TM not to support any asian team to develop and eventually make life harder in wcq, asian cup
                    I disagree with you. Team Melli's participation at WAFF Championship is evidence of how in that tournament only decent opponents were Iraq and Jordan. WAFF Championship, Gulf Cup and EAFF Cup are all tournaments for likes of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, South Korea, Japan to tryout new players or give game time to their young and bench players. In such tournaments only Iraq, UAE, Oman, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen, Hong Kong, North Korea and at times China and Syria would send their top players or full squad

Team Melli faces Arab teams all the time, there is no benefit in facing them in friendlies as well. Friendly matches should be aimed at Intercontinental FIFA International match by facing teams from UEFA, CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF or teams that Team Melli rarely faces for instance Japan. No thank you, Team Melli does not need to learn Grass Rolling from West Asia's Arab teams.

Tajikistan and Kyrgyz Republic are no longer the teams they were in (1998, 2005, 2012) or (1997, 2016). They can surprise big teams. Turkmenistan has defeated Iran several times. Uzbekistan has always been a tough opponent for Team Melli. So apart from Afghanistan, it would be unfair to label CAFA teams weak or mock CAFA tournament.

CAFA Tournament and Navruz Cup best tournaments for Team Melli uncapped, young and bench players to gain experience and impress the coaches, also for solidarity with countries who share language, history and culture with Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

I disagree with you. Team Melli's participation at WAFF Championship is evidence of how in that tournament only decent opponents were Iraq and Jordan. WAFF Championship, Gulf Cup and EAFF Cup are all tournaments for likes of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, South Korea, Japan to tryout new players or give game time to their young and bench players. In such tournaments only Iraq, UAE, Oman, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Yemen, Hong Kong, North Korea and at times China and Syria would send their top players or full squad

Team Melli faces Arab teams all the time, there is no benefit in facing them in friendlies as well. Friendly matches should be aimed at Intercontinental FIFA International match by facing teams from UEFA, CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF or teams that Team Melli rarely faces for instance Japan. No thank you, Team Melli does not need to learn Grass Rolling from West Asia's Arab teams.

Tajikistan and Kyrgyz Republic are no longer the teams they were in (1998, 2005, 2012) or (1997, 2016). They can surprise big teams. Turkmenistan has defeated Iran several times. Uzbekistan has always been a tough opponent for Team Melli. So apart from Afghanistan, it would be unfair to label CAFA teams weak or mock CAFA tournament.

CAFA Tournament and Navruz Cup best tournaments for Team Melli uncapped, young and bench players to gain experience and impress the coaches, also for solidarity with countries who share language, history and culture with Iran.
                      But we all now we don't play uncapped young players there. In Iran we are allergic to try to develop them, we prefer to bench Jalali, Salmani, to let Shekari and K'ba'delou out. And now we have the excuse of U23 camp. Instead we rather play our stars + average middle age players we know they won't do anything meaningful in their career.

We play so much arab teams that they reached a point where they almost came to our level and are a pain in our ass. They even become poroo and play against Spain, annoy Japan and such..
                      Tajikistan already beat our youth team. I don't want them to do the same with our senior team in the future

Comment

I don't like your logic. Helping some less developed nations to become better will increase the overall competition in Asia hence TM will be forced to progress as well in order to keep up. Asian football has come a long way. I think it's currently at its highest point ever after Qatar 2022. And I predict it will further grow and develop. Nations that don't invest or don't care enough will fall behind. It's as simple as that. I think the expanded field for the World Cup will help making Asia and Africa more competitive. I think by the 2030s deep runs by Asian teams won't be considered an anomaly anymore but the rule.

Asia will grow. We need to grow with them together. It's the only way I see TM reaching new heights like making it to the Round of 16 finally.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post

I don't like your logic. Helping some less developed nations to become better will increase the overall competition in Asia hence TM will be forced to progress as well in order to keep up. Asian football has come a long way. I think it's currently at its highest point ever after Qatar 2022. And I predict it will further grow and develop. Nations that don't invest or don't care enough will fall behind. It's as simple as that. I think the expanded field for the World Cup will help making Asia and Africa more competitive. I think by the 2030s deep runs by Asian teams won't be considered an anomaly anymore but the rule.

Asia will grow. We need to grow with them together. It's the only way I see TM reaching new heights like making it to the Round of 16 finally.
                          Progress come when we play better teams. We will progress while playing better teams like those who will face in wc and friendlies before wc22. We will also progress while sending players in Europe
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Progress come when we play better teams. We will progress while playing better teams like those who will face in wc and friendlies before wc22. We will also progress while sending players in Europe
                            ​​​​​​
                            Totally agree with this statement. A good example is Japan and their Kirin Cup. I don't wanna talk about the their friendly games against top teams in the world.

PS: They will playing Friendly games against Germany , Peru and El Salvador, while we will playing against Afghanistan. So IFF can do their money laundering in the name of bringing Persian speaking countries together (which I have nothing against).

When we dropped out of the WAFF competition, I was so happy to not play against useless arab countries.

The most common sense is to have good friendlies (against any three from Sweden , Chile , Albania , Tunisia , Mali , Belgium, Nigeria etc... ....) right now and then later on have norooz cup ( in march). This would make more sense than playing in CAFA cup against weaker teams.

Comment

I don't think any TM manager ever learned anything playing in the WAFF cup except how much of a waste of time it was. Literally half the time it was watching a game scheduled for 90 min but only 20-30 min of active playtime. The rest was Arab grassrolling, the sound and smells of boogh and azaan and Nancy Ajram songs. Just a terrible event.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                I don't think any TM manager ever learned anything playing in the WAFF cup except how much of a waste of time it was. Literally half the time it was watching a game scheduled for 90 min but only 20-30 min of active playtime. The rest was Arab grassrolling, the sound and smells of boogh and azaan and Nancy Ajram songs. Just a terrible event.
                                It's not like stadium atmosphere in Iran become a complete s*** with all these damn Vuvuzela

Comment

Working...
                                X