No announcement yet.

Amir Ghalenoi appointed as TM Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wikipedia says Ghalenoei had training course at Manchester United and Leverkusen at the beginning of his coach career. Is it a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Wikipedia says Ghalenoei had training course at Manchester United and Leverkusen at the beginning of his coach career. Is it a joke?
      no it’s true. He shadowed in leverkusen for a few weeks, don’t know about united. Probably whatever he saw there 30 years ago is basis for his tactical ideas today…tactics that in the intervening 30 years have been ripped up and put in the incinerator by the same Germans who made them at least 5 times

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        I'm confused. Does this mean he declined to be the coach?!!
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
          I spent 10 days or so with TM in Kuala Lumpur during AC 2007 and went to multiple training sessions even behind closed doors as I was friends with some of the players. The day before the Korea match, I was there and if the old members remember PFDC was the only site that got the line up right for that game. That day, they did NOTHING tactical in training and I told my friend we will definitely lose. They practised free kicks, corner kicks and then played yar vasat for ages. It was a joke to me. Since then, GN has won a few titles and has done well wherever he's been and I really hope he's improved tactically. I still think we will not achieve much under him but I hope I'm wrong. I think giving any coach a 1 year contract with an option to extend depending on the AC outcome will only mean that this team will remain old with minimal changes as the coach would want to get results in the short term and stay in charge. Appointing GN was a mistake in my opinion but if Taj has trusted him, then he must have given him at least until the World Cup. One thing that I love about GN is that like Carlos, the players respect him and there's discipline in the team. There's no 2 am play station tournaments and he's very strict with the curfew for the team during tournaments. Also, there's no messing with him and I'm sure that will help the team become 'yekdel'. Let's just hope that we get results.

Salar jan, isn't it normal to not goo technical on the day before the game?

CQ was very unique in the sense that I think he was truly one of the most tactical coaches in the world at a national team level (good or bad). Most international coaches are just worried about their players being fresh, team chemistry, and discipline.

Thanks for the refresher though. 16 years passed by so quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

The first time he was offered he declined (along with the other Iranian candidates) because they were trying to get Felix Sanchez. When Felix rejected they went back to him and he accepted.

Comment

I spent 10 days or so with TM in Kuala Lumpur during AC 2007 and went to multiple training sessions even behind closed doors as I was friends with some of the players. The day before the Korea match, I was there and if the old members remember PFDC was the only site that got the line up right for that game. That day, they did NOTHING tactical in training and I told my friend we will definitely lose. They practised free kicks, corner kicks and then played yar vasat for ages. It was a joke to me. Since then, GN has won a few titles and has done well wherever he's been and I really hope he's improved tactically. I still think we will not achieve much under him but I hope I'm wrong. I think giving any coach a 1 year contract with an option to extend depending on the AC outcome will only mean that this team will remain old with minimal changes as the coach would want to get results in the short term and stay in charge. Appointing GN was a mistake in my opinion but if Taj has trusted him, then he must have given him at least until the World Cup. One thing that I love about GN is that like Carlos, the players respect him and there's discipline in the team. There's no 2 am play station tournaments and he's very strict with the curfew for the team during tournaments. Also, there's no messing with him and I'm sure that will help the team become 'yekdel'. Let's just hope that we get results.
              I agree with you but we haven't achieved anything under other coaches we had so far! I was hoping for renard, then nekounam but none happened. Not happy with ghalenoi myself but he has done great in IPL. Gol gohar sirjan will deffo go down after his removal.

Comment

remember you being there I would take my laptop to work and log in on my lunch to see what u had to say from there, I am sure u had a lot of fun.
                would I rather have nice western European coach ?
                yes.if someone have told me in 5 years galenoie would be our coach ,after we had the most incredible run in our wc history, and making the ac semi after 15 year, i would ask for that person get drug tested.
                after following this coaching selection very closely, THERE WAS A HUGE PRESSURE and campaign FROM coaches, x players, media FROM INSIDE OF IRAN that wanted persian coach . all the persian coaches and x players where doing victory lab yesterday after persian coach was announced. I also went to chat rooms of pp, ss,teraktor sazi fans the 3 most popular clubs in iran, and guess what,, TO MY SURPRISE all was happy amir gLenoie was the hc, and khabar varzeshi vote approval rating to have gn was over 60+%.KHALAYEG HARCHI LAYEG.
                as tm fan been cheering hard from nasser ibrahimi era until now. Do I agree with most of hirings NO, WILL I CHEER FOR TM UNDER GN?yes.
                End of the day us fans that love tm, we have no choice to cheer and support tm even if AKBAR MISAGIAN IS THE COACH... so yes tm has my support 100% with gn, will try to look at his positive items he can bring to table, and out of all the persian coaches he has the most positive.
                WOULD I CALL FOR HIS HEAD IF HE dont make ac semi, yes. Is my dream to see tm win asian cup in my life time ND we haVe one coming up so 100% tm faNs need to support tm and gaLenoie for a upcoming ac.

KLINSMAN YADET BASHEH
                AMIR PASHA SARVARETEH.

What other choice we have if we don't support
                Tm with gn? None.
                hoping for a miracle to win this asian cup after waited for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

The first time he was offered he declined (along with the other Iranian candidates) because they were trying to get Felix Sanchez. When Felix rejected they went back to him and he accepted.
                  Also galenoie has a bigger ego than parvin.
                  he was very offended his name was mentioned with likes of tartar, elhami,faraki,motaheri.....

Comment

I don't think people are thinking about what crazy time these are for Iranians.. There has been a huge movement of mass migration by Iranians over the past few years and it has gotten worse.

Renard or Sanchez etc..dream on!!!

No established foreign coach in their right mind would put foot in Iran. CQ was asked why would he coach for a murderous regime. Even if the coach had no scruples... would they want to face that sort of scrutiny abroad and a bad federation with no money at home?

Our only choice is between Iranian or no name foreign manager.

GN is the best possible choice at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

I am not sure but I guess he is not 100% yet. Because a lot of people started to criticize him for taking the job.
                      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post

I am not sure but I guess he is not 100% yet. Because a lot of people started to criticize him for taking the job.
                        Webi jan
                        it's a done deal, what u posted was from when,
                        All the persian coaches pull their name out for protest over 10 days ago.

Gn will coach golgohar this Friday is hazfi match up against foolad..

Also golgohar has asked to keep galenoie until end of the season since after these March fifa days there is no fifa days until the end of the pgl season,
                        they waiting for answer.

Comment

I hope under GN the style of play becomes more offensive. So tired of a decade+ of ultra defensive soccer. Iran used to win 6-2 and 3-0 in the mid-to-late 1990s.

P.S. I am a long-time Foolad fan. Now we have to beat the national team's head coach to advance in the Hazfi. 😁

Still puzzled why Nekounam suddenly quit.
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

No denying that he's liked.
                            it's more about his qualifications... His CV doesn't seem good enough to be the goalie coach for a top 30 national team IMO.
                            Guess who is the potential new goalie coach favorite goali is?

AKHBARI.

these 7 players will get call up which did not make the wc roster.

Mohebi
                            Akhabari
                            Norafkan
                            Maghanlou
                            fallah
                            omri
                            sarlak

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Guess who is the potential new goalie coach favorite goali is?

AKHBARI.

these 7 players will get call up which did not make the wc roster.

Mohebi
                              Akhabari
                              Norafkan
                              Maghanlou
                              fallah
                              omri
                              sarlak
                              Wait what?
                              where the fuck is Allahyar?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Wait what?
                                where the fuck is Allahyar?
                                Who need Allahyar when we have wonderful IPL players?

Comment

Working...
                                X