Carlos Queiroz Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

Morocco got the semifinals because they were ”realistic”?
    Iraq won the AC in 2007 because they were ”realistic”?

We need to get rid of this ”realistic” approach. I'll tell you what the result of this ”realistic” approach has been for us: 5 tournaments wasted on a worthless coach.

You only reach high if you aim high.
    Iran is a different world to Iraq in 2007 and Morocco now

I'm jealous of you and how you see Iran...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      Iran is a different world to Iraq in 2007 and Morocco now

I'm jealous of you and how you see Iran...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
      If war-torn Iraq can win it then so can we. Nothing really to be jealous of my friend.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

If war-torn Iraq can win it then so can we. Nothing really to be jealous of my friend.
        2007 Iraq was not war-torn Iraq. This was post-war catharsis unity Iraq with money flowing in.

I am jealous, yes. Because you genuinely believe in a TM which can be anywhere near as unified as 2007 Iraq. For me this is so far away from reality...

Comment

2007 Iraq was not war-torn Iraq. This was post-war catharsis unity Iraq with money flowing in.

I am jealous, yes. Because you genuinely believe in a TM which can be anywhere near as unified as 2007 Iraq. For me this is so far away from reality...
          2007 Iraq was in shambles. And 2007 Iraq wasn't even good. We beat them with our B-team a couple of months before the AC. Iran always has a good team. We need to match that with a winning attitude.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

This is where you and I differ. With the right lineup there is no way we would have lost so embarrassingly to England. We might have even gotten a tie And regardless of their talent, we had a good chance of defeating US if CQ had not been so cowardly with starting lineup and tactic.

He also goofed by taking one less player to the tournament, plus the fact that he unnecessarily took a 4th goalkeeper, he essentially wasted 2 spots which we could have used in the attack. Technical players like Ghaedi and Mohebi could have been very useful in the US game but he was forced to use over the hill player like Ansarifard because of his goof.

So NO, he absolutely did not do the best with what we have.

Finally Walid Regragui​ was appointed less than 3 months before the WC as the Moroccan coach so the excuse of CQ not having enough time to prepare the team is quite weak to say the least.​

If he really is the best we can get, to which I don't agree, then there is absolutely no hope for our football.
            I can definitely see your points of view, above, but I can't get on board with making an "apples to apples" comparison between Walid joining Morocco on short notice, with CQ joining TM on similar notice. Damavand, the difference in atmosphere between Team Melli and Moroccan national team is night and day.

First of all, Moroccan football is ahead of ours with regards to player talent (look at the leagues their players are in), tactical awareness, and overall physical fitness. I just do not understand how many here so casually brush those factors off, as if they don't matter. I maintain: the best managers in the world could have stepped into TM at the same juncture, and I don't think the results would be much better.

Secondly, how do people here keep brushing off the political threats to the players' livelihoods, families and well-being? How? If you or your family were threatened before entering a pickup match at a park, do you think you would perform well? Now, how about on the biggest stage in world football? The psychological pressure these players experienced.. I don't think anyone on the outside can comprehend. We can talk about it, but that's not remotely the same.

Third: we need to stop comparing different eras of TM and managers, to 2022 WC. It's not the same. We may have had a lot of talent, but we also had many injuries and background turmoil. The dynamics were different, and if nothing else, we achieved our first WIN in a WC, against a European team, no less. I know I know, people here will spit on Wales, but the fact is they weren't remotely the worst team in the tournament, and they DID qualify. They were no slouches. Their tie against USA was no fluke, either. So, in the end, I am proud of CQ and TM for that moment.

Regardless, on the flip side, as I said before, I agree that selection versus England was poor (despite my opinion that no way in hell we beat them with any version of our team), and I also agree that the tactics in the first half versus USA were wrong. No doubt. Despite all that, I still think CQ did well with what he had, and what was going on.

Comment

Please ppl , asian football as a whole is very corrupt from how Saudi Arabia club or country some how average a penalty very game and a red card every other games against any opponent they play against, how asian countries coming tougher to let war torn Iraq win an Asian cup then they did the same with Qatar how they miraculously won an Asian cup , being as weak as they are …..

look the true measuring stick is the World Cup , you can win all the Asian cups you want if you can’t win a game in the World Cup or get out of your group you ain’t really there yet …

Qatar has only asked CQ to qualify them to the World Cup that is it ,,,

Comment

2007 Iraq was in shambles. And 2007 Iraq wasn't even good. We beat them with our B-team a couple of months before the AC. Iran always has a good team. We need to match that with a winning attitude.

For me it's really simple, the unity of that team in 2007 and the pride they had together was the polar opposite of Iran's football team at the moment. Iranian players aren't even at conflict with each other, they are in conflict with themselves.

Do you realistically see a unity of Iranian players like the 2007 Iraq team? If so, then once again, I am envious of your worldview

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/20/w...1.6750436.html

Comment

For me it's really simple, the unity of that team in 2007 and the pride they had together was the polar opposite of Iran's football team at the moment. Iranian players aren't even at conflict with each other, they are in conflict with themselves.

Do you realistically see a unity of Iranian players like the 2007 Iraq team? If so, then once again, I am envious of your worldview

Dr. Jan, they had militias chopping each other up and were not united as a team or country. They had luck and somehow won the tournament. For me, There’s nothing to really extrapolate from it except that tournaments have weird results sometimes.

Comment

We’re not getting anywhere here.
                    As i’ve said before, we need to get rid of this ”realistic mentality”.

But you don’t want that. Seems to me you’re happy with AC QF-SF exit everytime. I’m not.

What i do know is that we will never win it by being ”realistic”. Because that is a defeatist attitude.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

We're not getting anywhere here.
                      As i've said before, we need to get rid of this ”realistic mentality”.

But you don't want that. Seems to me you're happy with AC QF-SF exit everytime. I'm not.

What i do know is that we will never win it by being ”realistic”. Because that is a defeatist attitude.
                      This defeatist attitude is an issue. In sports anything can happen and Cinderella stories are abound. Lucky are those who believe and work the hardest. Time after time we have seen teams that "shouldn't win" do exactly that!

If you don't believe you can win...you won't. We also need to call out BS.

For example, in WC many agree we played the wrong selection and lacked the proper tactics in the England match and at least 1 half of USA. That means 3/6 or 50% of the halves we played in WC were poor. Yet people still feel CQ deserves praise or that he should continue. We need to be cut throat, if you perform above expectation then you should be rewarded...but good enough and mediocrity should not be rewarded. We have lost our fighting spirit and in sports it is becoming very evident. I'm sure the reasons for such can be debated till the end of time...but this ship needs to be turned around.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        This defeatist attitude is an issue. In sports anything can happen and Cinderella stories are abound. Lucky are those who believe and work the hardest. Time after time we have seen teams that "shouldn't win" do exactly that!

If you don't believe you can win...you won't. We also need to call out BS.

For example, in WC many agree we played the wrong selection and lacked the proper tactics in the England match and at least 1 half of USA. That means 3/6 or 50% of the halves we played in WC were poor. Yet people still feel CQ deserves praise or that he should continue. We need to be cut throat, if you perform above expectation then you should be rewarded...but good enough and mediocrity should not be rewarded. We have lost our fighting spirit and in sports it is becoming very evident. I'm sure the reasons for such can be debated till the end of time...but this ship needs to be turned around.

That’s why i believe the new TM-coach will have to win the AC or he’s out. Enough of this QF/SF bs.

I’m sure you remember the QF loss vs Iraq in 2015. People were celebrating what they called ”heroic loss” vs Iraq. Iraq ffs! This is the attitude that has brought us nothing but disaster these last years. We need a change.

CQ was brought to get us to new heights. Not to fuck up 5 major tournaments. He should have been fired after the Bosnia game.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Asian cup is nothing more that a preparation/friendly cup. Don't know why people give so many importance to a cup featuring Yemen, india, Palestine and that teams like Iraq (never qualified for a wc since 30 years) or Qatar (worst team at wc22) won.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Asian cup is nothing more that a preparation/friendly cup. Don't know why people give so many importance to a cup featuring Yemen, india, Palestine and that teams like Iraq (never qualified for a wc since 30 years) or Qatar (worst team at wc22) won.
                            Let's win it first then we can diss it. We haven't won it since the 70s. Quieroz couldn't do it. Let's hope next coach can.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              continental tournaments are only second to WC for ranking points. So from that standpoint, and WC seeding, the Asian Cup is pretty important.

Comment

Asian cup is the most important cup for persian
                                soccer...unless we start advancing from our wc groups ,ASIAN CUP HAS BEEN ,IS AND WILL BE THE MOST IMPORANT EVENT FOR OUR FOOTBALL......

Comment

Working...
                                X