Line up and concerns vs USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    That absolute dogfight of an earlier match between US and Wales .... came back to hunt the welsh today vs TM...!!
    similar to Taremi who gave it all last match, Welsh looked tired and erratic in passing etc.. ...especially in the final phases of today's game..!
    dont think we coulda dominate them as heavily as today had we not have rested some key players last match..!?

lets hope england and usa match becomes a similar dogfight of game, ending in a scoreless tie..?
    USA has a few yellows. Let's hope they add to it with England.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

We just have to sustain US's fast start. They will come out on fire, even if they lose to England because they have to leave it all on the line and that pride and adrenaline is real. After a bit they tire themselves out and their true quality starts to show, if we can take on the quick pressure they apply at first we should be fine the rest of the game. Beiro in goal for sure, I'd love Gholi and Ghoddos on the wings though so we have quality in the counter. I would absolutely start Torabi though maybe DM? His speed and physical ability will be needed against these young US forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
        JB has 2 yellows. He is out.
        What's wrong with him? He's a veteran player and throws his leg up on a meaningless challenge. There's a 90 percent chance of getting a yellow card when you make a challenge like that. It's unbelievable. Another concern I have is players' tendency to get in the referee's face en mass. This is also a recipe for disaster, even though there will be a clean slate at the round of 16. The job of communicating and questioning a call should be left to the team captain.

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
          We just have to sustain US's fast start. They will come out on fire, even if they lose to England because they have to leave it all on the line and that pride and adrenaline is real. After a bit they tire themselves out and their true quality starts to show, if we can take on the quick pressure they apply at first we should be fine the rest of the game. Beiro in goal for sure, I'd love Gholi and Ghoddos on the wings though so we have quality in the counter. I would absolutely start Torabi though maybe DM? His speed and physical ability will be needed against these young US forwards.
          Good points. This U.S. team is fast and driven, but they're young and will most likely overexert themselves. Iran needs to rely on its experience and dangerous counter attacks. The game will be a back-and-forth affair, but Iran can eventually take control and capitalize on their opponents' inexperience. The players need to watch for fouls in the area, as the U.S' speed might force Iranian defense to commit dangerous fouls. Iran is in a good position, especially since they will most likely need a draw to advance (unless the U.S. beats England). CQ needs to come up with a real smart strategy to make history.

Comment

Iran's strategy against the U.S. will to some extent be contingent about England-U.S. results. I honestly believe England might be somewhat overrated. I mean they really haven't accomplished much yet to be feared so much, having beaten a depleted Iranian team featuring a bad lineup and strategy. This U.S. team is hungry and dangerous, and its underdog position will also put it in a good position to win the game. If the U.S wins today, that will be both positive and negative for Iran--positive, as Wales will completely be out of contention; negative, because Iran will need a victory against the U.S. to advance--doable, but not that easy.

Again, the English, unlike Brazil and France, have so far proven nothing, and I have a feeling there's a good chance they'll struggle against the U.S. today.The good thing about this group is that England, The U.S. and Iran can all top the group. It might take a miracle, but Iran also has a small chance of being number one in its group. (The commentators at Fox Sports will likely laugh at that notion, as they refuse to give credit to Iran for any accomplishment. Before its victory against Wales, Iran was an afterthought. Now, nothing has changed; the sentiment still remains the same. Just an hour ago, the color commentator for the Netherlands-Ecuador game referred to the Iran-U.S. game as three sure points for the U.S. Abslolutely no objectivity whatsoever.)

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
              Iran's strategy against the U.S. will to some extent be contingent about England-U.S. results. I honestly believe England might be somewhat overrated. I mean they really haven't accomplished much yet to be feared so much, having beaten a depleted Iranian team featuring a bad lineup and strategy. This U.S. team is hungry and dangerous, and its underdog position will also put it in a good position to win the game. If the U.S wins today, that will be both positive and negative for Iran--positive, as Wales will completely be out of contention; negative, because Iran will need a victory against the U.S. to advance--doable, but not that easy.

Again, the English, unlike Brazil and France, have so far proven nothing, and I have a feeling there's a good chance they'll struggle against the U.S. today.The good thing about this group is that England, The U.S. and Iran can all top the group. It might take a miracle, but Iran also has a small chance of being number one in its group. (The commentators at Fox Sports will likely laugh at that notion, as they refuse to give credit to Iran for any accomplishment. Before its victory against Wales, Iran was an afterthought. Now, nothing has changed; the sentiment still remains the same. Just an hour ago, the color commentator for the Netherlands-Ecuador game referred to the Iran-U.S. game as three sure points for the U.S. Abslolutely no objectivity whatsoever.)
              I hope they keep doing it though. I might make a highlight reel of soundbytes with these clowns writing us off if we knock them out 😂

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post

Make no mistake about it. You should be rooting for England. There is no positives in U.S. winning.

Comment

این ملت ایرانی با یک کشمش گرمی اش میشه با یک بادوم سردیش ...
                  تا دیروز کیروش بد بود .. چشمی و رامین گزینه های غلط بودن
                  حالا رفتن تویه ۱۱ بازیکن تو زمین برای بازی با امریکا

بابا یی کم صبر کنین فکر کنین ... جمهوری رسوائی را هم به همین عجله بهش گفتین اره .. که این جوری شود​​​

Comment

Watching this USA, Vs England match is making me nervous.
                    Can you imagine Ezza trying to keep up with these USA players?

On the plus side, USA does seem a bit shaky on defensive transition.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Watching this USA, Vs England match is making me nervous.
                      Can you imagine Ezza trying to keep up with these USA players?

On the plus side, USA does seem a bit shaky on defensive transition.
                      Yes if he is protected. He elevated his game again today and showed he can hang at this level too, just as he did vs Uruguay and Senegal a few months ago.

the issue I see with American team despite midfield superiority certainly over TM is a lack of experience. They play to level of opposition usually, like a team that lacks experience does. Today they elevated their game a lot, but against Wales they seemed incapable of dealing with 1 basic tactical switch from the welsh and reimposing themselves through the middle.

ITs not helped by having an inexperienced coach. TM can take advantage of this situation with our players collective experience in high pressure moments, and ofc CQ superiority over berhalter.

The good news is despite these 2 crazy first games I would go as far as saying we are still in a fairly positive situation when it comes to fresh legs. Azmoun interview after the game suggested he is fine, saeid was just cramp and he wanted to back in. We still have guys like Amiri, Torabi who could make a solid case for big mins vs US barely involved yet. Same with Kanani, Shoja. Moharrami another major one who has shown before he cannot play multiple high level games in quick succession. He got full rest today.

And of course the key point about the US team, weak in both boxes. So far its showed in these 2 matches. Sardar and Taremi can certainly get their fair number of looks in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

How many gifts in one day?
                        LOOOL
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Yes if he is protected. He elevated his game again today and showed he can hang at this level too, just as he did vs Uruguay and Senegal a few months ago.

the issue I see with American team despite midfield superiority certainly over TM is a lack of experience. They play to level of opposition usually, like a team that lacks experience does. Today they elevated their game a lot, but against Wales they seemed incapable of dealing with 1 basic tactical switch from the welsh and reimposing themselves through the middle.

ITs not helped by having an inexperienced coach. TM can take advantage of this situation with our players collective experience in high pressure moments, and ofc CQ superiority over berhalter.

The good news is despite these 2 crazy first games I would go as far as saying we are still in a fairly positive situation when it comes to fresh legs. Azmoun interview after the game suggested he is fine, saeid was just cramp and he wanted to back in. We still have guys like Amiri, Torabi who could make a solid case for big mins vs US barely involved yet. Same with Kanani, Shoja.

And of course the key point about the US team, weak in both boxes. So far its showed in these 2 matches. Sardar and Taremi can certainly get their fair number of looks in this game.
                          I hope you're correct about Ezza. Unfortunately it's not like we have any faster alternative on the bench (Cheshmi and Karimi both have the same weakness).

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I hope you're correct about Ezza. Unfortunately it's not like we have any faster alternative on the bench (Cheshmi and Karimi both have the same weakness).
                            technically and defensively (positioning, tackling, aerials) he is a very high class player. He has no speed and is not in top shape.

But most of his passes tonight, the cross for sardar, the shot from distance, etc, the breakaway tackle and transition were excellent.

If the guy ever decides to be a professional player he could still rise to a really high level (as Taremi did)

Comment

As i said usa speed scares me. We just have to play our game. Parking the bus for good will be suicide

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Referee don't want to give yellow cards

Comment

Working...
                                X