Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(25.11.22) FIFA World Cup 2022 MD 2: Wales - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Scooter View Post

    Come on Bi-honar, use your brain.
    Wales has a good quality team, and Bale is still one of the best in the world, no matter where he plays. Besides, it's not Bale we need to worry about; he will create chances for that mammoth forward and Ramsey, and others. Wales has a kid who plays on the outside right who can probably beat anyone else on our team on the counter. This kid outpaced the USAs left mid and fullbacks a few times during that match. (Wish I could remember his name)
    Neco Williams is who I think you mean. Plays for Fulham, came through the youth ranks at Liverpool.
    They also have pace through Brennan Johnson, Harry Wilson and Dan James.

    Comment


    • I dont care if Iran wins or loses the game. All I want to see of our lads play football and show they can pass the ball create chances and use the talent they have. I am sick and tired of this coward defensive b.s. sitting back and for 90 fcking min zir e toop and looking like a dysfunctional team. I rather lose 10 to 0 but play brave. People remember bravery not cowardness.

      we all saw what Wales is all about when they played against US. What is there to be scared about? Fxking MLS Bale??? I think not!

      Comment


      • Guys for the game tomorrow wear your lucky underwear, jerseys, or anything else you have that brings luck. If you need to cross your fingers, doodools, or any other body part do it. We don't want a repeat of Japan or Bosnia. This is do or die. Let's will these boys to a win and make me eat my words about CQ.

        Be omid piroozi!

        Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

        Comment


        • I have a feeling the lineup is going to annoy a lot of people tomorrow

          Comment


          • FIFA has told Iran not to play Beiranvand in tomorrow's game against Wales:
            https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-42170538.html

            Comment


            • A look back at TM's only previous match against Wales - a friendly in Tehran to help prepare for the 1978 World Cup:
              https://www.thenational.wales/news/2...pponents-iran/

              Comment


              • Hopefully we get past the embarrassment vs England by beating Wales

                Comment


                • Originally posted by armen View Post
                  A look back at TM's only previous match against Wales - a friendly in Tehran to help prepare for the 1978 World Cup:
                  https://www.thenational.wales/news/2...pponents-iran/

                  Some things never change:


                  He said: “The Iranians were desperate to swap shirts with us after the game.

                  “They had these tops on which were like t-shirts. They must have cost about £2.50 while we had these lovely Wales shirts on.”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by armen View Post
                    A look back at TM's only previous match against Wales - a friendly in Tehran to help prepare for the 1978 World Cup:
                    https://www.thenational.wales/news/2...pponents-iran/
                    Looks like crappy kits were a prob back then as well. Some things never change.


                    Edit: lol interesting Nokhodi and I clued into the same thing.

                    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk


                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

                    Comment


                    • Queiroz just confirmed - No Beiranvand due to concussion protocols. Might play versus US, but not Wales.

                      Comment


                      • Queiroz and Taremi were peppered with political questions again today. Taremi said my words are either misinterpreted or only shared in pieces, so to avoid any misunderstanding, I won't speak anymore about politics. If I speak on politics it will be on my instagram.
                        Even after the press conference was over, the BBC reporter was chasing Queiroz and Taremi to answer.

                        These reporters can f*** off. Go ask an IR official these questions. Leave the players alone.

                        Comment


                        • Someone of you remember that?

                          https://twitter.com/Rostameirani/sta...ScnOl8NC0odE2A

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Queiroz just confirmed - No Beiranvand due to concussion protocols. Might play versus US, but not Wales.
                            Damn, understandable of course, but a big loss for us! Hopefully, we have someone who is not scared out of his mind in his place against Wales. No disrespect against Hosseini but fear is the worst thing possible for a keeper.

                            Comment


                            • I know people are asking for more of a more attacking approach tomorrow. I expect a *slight* increase in attacking intent but nothing crazy. It's still gonna be bezan ziresh football because:

                              1) Our midfield sucks. Even if we had our players at peak fitness, our midfield would be one of the weakest in the tournament. Our most talented midfielder is Ezatolahi who cannot play a full half without tiring out. We just don't have anyone who can control and run with the ball (which is fundamental to good attacking play now a days).

                              2) Quieroz doesn't do attacking football. When was the last time we actually played decent attacking football under him? I honestly cannot remember. We will have decent moments but the idea of sustained offensive football is not something CQ is interested in. He is a risk averse, defense-first manager.

                              Our best hope tomorrow is for Azmoun/Taremi to create some magic while Kanaani/Shoja play out of their minds.
                              The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
                                I know people are asking for more of a more attacking approach tomorrow. I expect a *slight* increase in attacking intent but nothing crazy. It's still gonna be bezan ziresh football because:

                                1) Our midfield sucks. Even if we had our players at peak fitness, our midfield would be one of the weakest in the tournament. Our most talented midfielder is Ezatolahi who cannot play a full half without tiring out. We just don't have anyone who can control and run with the ball (which is fundamental to good attacking play now a days).

                                2) Quieroz doesn't do attacking football. When was the last time we actually played decent attacking football under him? I honestly cannot remember. We will have decent moments but the idea of sustained offensive football is not something CQ is interested in. He is a risk averse, defense-first manager.

                                Our best hope tomorrow is for Azmoun/Taremi to create some magic while Kanaani/Shoja play out of their minds.
                                I don't think most people want an all out attacking team but something more balanced compared to how we played against England. Even if CQ arrange the team for all out defensive posture, I think the players are just going to play the more balanced way. It is do or die for us at this point. I have a very good feeling about this game. GO TM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X