• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracle View Post
    General is in turkey
    he went to a match
    Met turkey nt hc
    And offered him a friendly match
    And turkey hc said ok.
    Man if this is true and we actually get the friendly scheduled then props to him, seems like he's genuinely invested in doing better at WC 2026 even if the vast majority of us disagree with his decisions sometimes

Comment

We went from Daei/Hashemian/MK to Azmoun/Taremi/JB to Zahedi/Mohebi/Ghaedi. Anyone else laughing or just me?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        We went from Daei/Hashemian/MK to Azmoun/Taremi/JB to Zahedi/Mohebi/Ghaedi. Anyone else laughing or just me?
        When did we go to them? Is having a thread for Shahab Zahedi considered sacrilege or something? I don't think anyone expects any of those three to be a replacement for our Azmoun/Taremi/JB combo for a while to come...

Comment

It may just be you.
          Egypt has a dude like Mohammad Salah and look what happens in Egypt.
          I'd rather we have a TEAM, than any specific individual great.

Comment

Just you, my bro! Egypt won consecutive titles when their most famous player was Mido, and won jack all with Salah

The team is more important than any individuals

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

It may just be you.
              Egypt has a dude like Mohammad Salah and look what happens in Egypt.
              I'd rather we have a TEAM, than any specific individual great.
              At least they have something to do on the weekends. Man digeh ghabul kardam ke TM be jaye nemirese dar omram… zoor bezane a win at WC or AC semi. Valy setare dorost hesabi dashtim… These days I check threads or lineups in some kooft app and its just absence or nimkatneshini. You accept or not TM legionnair level has regressed big time in last 20 years?

Comment

At least they have something to do on the weekends. Man digeh ghabul kardam ke TM be jaye nemirese dar omram… zoor bezane a win at WC or AC semi. Valy setare dorost hesabi dashtim… These days I check threads or lineups in some kooft app and its just absence or nimkatneshini. You accept or not TM legionnair level has regressed big time in last 20 years?
                Mehdi jan, have you forgotten the early 2010s where we were happy to just watch Nekounam and Shojaei?
                No one else!
                Yet somehow that horrible TM with barely any stars won us all over!

Comment

So sad omid team is not in final round of Olympic
                  qualifiers it started already..

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                    So sad omid team is not in final round of Olympic
                    qualifiers it started already..
                    Wonder why our U23 performance is always so bad. Probably because we appoint our U23 coach and activate the camp literally 3 days before the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Wonder why our U23 performance is always so bad. Probably because we appoint our U23 coach and activate the camp literally 3 days before the tournament
                      That's top reason

Comment

20 yrs ago--> 2004

Our Asian cup squad in 2004 only had 3 legionnaires:

Mahdavikia--> Hamburg
                        Rezaei--> Messina
                        Karimi--> Al Ahli

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

20 yrs ago--> 2004

Mahdavikia--> Hamburg
                          Rezaei--> Messina
                          Karimi--> Al Ahli
                          Yeah I found that claim really surreal?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

20 yrs ago--> 2004

Mahdavikia--> Hamburg
                            Rezaei--> Messina
                            Karimi--> Al Ahli
                            I said level as in quality, not quantity. You think handicapped Sardar is better than AFC player of the year Karimi who would soon move to Bayern and make his way into starting lineup? Mahdavikia by 04 had AFC best player and best young player awards and most assists in Bundesliga… And i forgot… Vahid Hash had a 16 goal season in Germany in 04.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

When did we go to them? Is having a thread for Shahab Zahedi considered sacrilege or something? I don't think anyone expects any of those three to be a replacement for our Azmoun/Taremi/JB combo for a while to come...
                              Well the way its going, its gonna be guys at the level of the three I mentioned that take the place of the current players who are reaching the end. There are literally only 2 young Iranians playing consistently at a decent level. One of them is American.

Comment

I said level as in quality, not quantity. You think handicapped Sardar is better than AFC player of the year Karimi who would soon move to Bayern and make his way into starting lineup? Mahdavikia by 04 had AFC best player and best young player awards and most assists in Bundesliga… And i forgot… Vahid Hash had a 16 goal season in Germany in 04.
                                Hashemian was not part of TM in 2004.

Mahdavikia was great but Karimi lasted half a seasom at Bayern pretty much.

Rezaei was a tank at Messina but in 2004 was slapping our own defenders in a game vs Oman where we were losing

Comment

Working...
                                X