TM NEWS - VOL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

Well, I really hope you are correct. That would be a dream come true, assuming he can deal with the chaos that is the IFF. That includes the insanity coming from jealous domestic league coaches, and the hypercritical fans. I swear we are the most sensitive people, and the most bitingly critical, at the same time.

As for whether we reach the semis under GN? Psshht.. I know you are his fan, but "The General" is currently leading a TM that has the discipline of a Sunday beer league squad.
    Thankfully Renard has a lot of experience dealing with African countries with the same issues we do. Zambia and Ivory Coast

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

if galenoie fails to go semi ac
      KNA sources will not eat
      kna sources will not sleep
      until renar is on the plane
      destination tehroon.
      This the most positive thing so far going for Team Melli to get a modern thing , attack minded coach who isn’t scared to play open football… wow

I really hope mmm wish team does well in AC but honestly we need this big time , like just for the fact we going to a World Cup we need a coach like this with a great personality

Comment

Cap verde was much better than Angola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Renard and france lost to aussie in PK

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

i am fan of tm first.trust me bad result and will call for his head..... yes from all the persian candidates at the time my choice was galenoie, and he is last dinasour of ali asghari football,they
            wont make it like him anymore.

renar almoat became tm coach 2 times
            and he wanted the job but he was under contract
            both times just bad timing.
            a hc like renar which has invested himself to be nt
            coach HIS GOAL ALWAYS IS to seat on a bench
            in the world cup.
            he time it right he taked the french women job
            wc and olympic ,then is the wcq for men wc begains. he just wnt take any job ,he will take a job
            that has highest chance to qualify to wc.
            even with 48 team wc still challenge for europeans and s.a teams make it for sure.
            so europe/s.a he wont take.
            africa and asia are his #1choice.
            ITS MATCH MADE in heaven for him and tm.
            tm pays good and persian headcoaches after
            galenoie fails as long as cq dont come back
            they will all support renar....
            with renar we will see the most attractive soccer
            since the 1996 team melli. he was architect of morrocco team made it to wc final 4 and ksa
            played nice they just was in a super hard group.
            and he will go young players ,having tm for 2 years and hopefuly 2027 ac....and if i am still around i promise to deliver him cq style to tm😉

i forgot how to turn on spell check
            its killing me..do u know how to turned it on.
            Don't worry about spell check! I understand what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post

This the most positive thing so far going for Team Melli to get a modern thing , attack minded coach who isn’t scared to play open football… wow

I really hope mmm wish team does well in AC but honestly we need this big time , like just for the fact we going to a World Cup we need a coach like this with a great personality
              a_m, it's not just about "open attack minded modern" football. What I have seen from TM is lack of discipline tactically; our players crowd one space too often, whether it's due to poor runs, or some other stupid reason. It might also be because some players are playing out of their natural positions in previous matches? (I don't know)

But even worse is the quality of our passing. Again, I can't recall names, but I have an overall impression from the past three matches that our passing.. especially our one-touch passing has been garbage. And we haven't even played decent opponents! Against a "real" squad, we would lose badly.

Finally, our back line is crap. Mostly because our fullbacks go to far up, and can't recover. Also likely due to lack of communication with the outside mids. Our CMs have to cover, which creates a hole in midfield.

Achhh.. I know GN has only had a few games, but I truly can't remember a TM this poor. I started watching TM back in the early 2000s, when I became interested in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
                Team Melli's possible opponent for September friendly is 🇦🇴 Angola with current FIFA ranking 116.

Past meetings:

21-Jun-06 Iran vs Angola 1:1 Location: Leipzeg, Germany 2006 World Cup
                02-Jan-11 Iran vs Angola 1:0 Location: Doha, Qatar Friendly
                30-May-14 Iran vs Angola 1:1 Location: Hartberg, AustriaFriendly
                atleast if gonne play angola
                tm should travel and play in angola.
                they have ok stadium...
                in azadi condition , hamin mondeh faghat aberoomon jolo angola bereh.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post

Arya has done some good reporting, but he also can't stop making this about himself. He's very passionate and his mocking/rooting against TM recently hasn't been appreciated. Its actually rather annoying.
                  I have absolutely not rooted against the national team. That isn't fair and far from the truth. Any mocking comes from a place of truth, whether we like to believe it or not, especially things related to Ghalenoei and his coaching staff.

We need to demand more from Iranian football as a whole but at this rate, with the talent we could potentially have, we aren't going anywhere and it's concerning.
                  golbezanpodcast.com
                  twitter.com/GolBezan
                  instagram.com/GolBezan
                  youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
                    Team Melli's possible opponent for September friendly is 🇦🇴 Angola with current FIFA ranking 116.

Past meetings:

21-Jun-06 Iran vs Angola 1:1 Location: Leipzeg, Germany 2006 World Cup
                    02-Jan-11 Iran vs Angola 1:0 Location: Doha, Qatar Friendly
                    30-May-14 Iran vs Angola 1:1 Location: Hartberg, AustriaFriendly
                    Angola are at the start of a golden generation. They've got a very young team and many players plying their trade in European leagues. Some very tall players. Excellent on set pieces. Accurate passing, pace, solid defence. I rate their chances to qualify for the 2026 World Cup. A friendly against them would be a good test for TM. They played the likes of Ghana and South Africa very close lately. One of the most underrated teams in international football because their rise has been very recent.

Comment

It doesn't take genius to see our football is not going where.
                      We lack talent development and as output the incoming years will be close to 2008 ro 2016/17!
                      Our stars are getting old
                      We fail to send players to Europe and even the ones we send fail to progress
                      I am not expecting anything from this team in next 5 years at least and this has not much to do with GN tbh!

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                        We need to demand more from Iranian football as a whole but at this rate, with the talent we could potentially have, we aren't going anywhere and it's concerning.
                        how is this any different than previous years though? Guys like GN have always been around both at the club and TM level. I get that it’s worse now bc we have incompetence at the helm of TM….that sucks but historically, that has always been the case. I think we will always have talent that goes to waste at all levels of the game as long as IR is around but TM and their participations in AC and WC will never not be exciting. And this is coming from someone who fully acknowledges we are not on the level of SK, Japan or Aussie…..we have fools on this forum who think we are trophy or bust and have no excuse not to win

Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

how is this any different than previous years though? Guys like GN have always been around both at the club and TM level. I get that it’s worse now bc we have incompetence at the helm of TM….that sucks but historically, that has always been the case. I think we will always have talent that goes to waste at all levels of the game as long as IR is around but TM and their participations in AC and WC will never not be exciting. And this is coming from someone who fully acknowledges we are not on the level of SK, Japan or Aussie…..we have fools on this forum who think we are trophy or bust and have no excuse not to win
                          Yes, we had those decades of mediocrity. However, you're supposed to expect things to improve over time. Let's not become complacent and say just because it's always been like that, it's okay for it to continue being like that. From 2010-2020 we have had a bright future ahead of us, talents were rising all over, more players than ever were going to Europe, and we had rose to the number one spot in Asia. Say what you will about CQ but ever since he left, it's clear we have had one controversy after another with the Skocic/Taremi dilemma, players playing video games in camp and partying, ousting the coach, making statements without addressing each other, etc.

We have IMPROVED drastically in past 10 years, and its sad to see we are regressing back to days of party bazi where we could barely beat Iraq and Uzbekistan instead of catching up to our regional rivals

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Yes, we had those decades of mediocrity. However, you're supposed to expect things to improve over time. Let's not become complacent and say just because it's always been like that, it's okay for it to continue being like that. From 2010-2020 we have had a bright future ahead of us, talents were rising all over, more players than ever were going to Europe, and we had rose to the number one spot in Asia. Say what you will about CQ but ever since he left, it's clear we have had one controversy after another with the Skocic/Taremi dilemma, players playing video games in camp and partying, ousting the coach, making statements without addressing each other, etc.

We have IMPROVED drastically in past 10 years, and its sad to see we are regressing back to days of party bazi where we could barely beat Iraq and Uzbekistan instead of catching up to our regional rivals
                            It all comes back to coaching. Iran is unique because the coach usually must get involved in administrative tasks because the actual admin are so incompetent. This is why CQ actually outsourced all the logistical work to his assistants - booking hotels, checking stadiums for friendlies, buying flights. He wanted total control and Iran saw the dividends as a result

Bottom line in Iran the reality is you need a coach with a CV that the players respect. Someone who they cannot question their integrity or career accomplishments, and where they've been. That's why you can't have someone like Skocic or GN last long term who don't have advanced and modern football training at a high level, or the experience at a top European level and accomplishments they can tout when questioned.

The only person who comes close to this in Iran, at the moment, who has worked in Iran a considerable time and knows how the system works is Morais. He's spent time as Mourinho's assistant for years and no one can question that along with his trophies at the Asian level in Korea. I've been saying this for some time and really think there needs to be a concerted effort to bring him to TM after the Asian Cup

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post

Angola are at the start of a golden generation. They've got a very young team and many players plying their trade in European leagues. Some very tall players. Excellent on set pieces. Accurate passing, pace, solid defence. I rate their chances to qualify for the 2026 World Cup. A friendly against them would be a good test for TM. They played the likes of Ghana and South Africa very close lately. One of the most underrated teams in international football because their rise has been very recent.
                              good info thnx

this would of be good friendly in 2026
                              since most probably we land an african team in gs of wc.
                              we are preparing for ac
                              with potential qf match up with s.k and potential
                              final aganist japan, australia or ksa.

sept fifa day playing bulgeria and angola
                              not usefull for the 3 out of 4 teams i mentioned above.

fifa days oct we play 2 arab teams which is good
                              since have potential semifinal of qatar,jordan,oman..and will cover ksa prep in case we meet in final ....thats end of fifa days....
                              maybe there is tune up match in qatar before the cup starts..then u dont really want show your hand....
                              THIS KIND PREP for ac has potential of not going far.....INSTEAD of angola should of played east asian team... WE WILL NOT PREP FOR S.K,japan
                              or australia most probably to win it all have to play 2 out of the 3 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Couldn't have said it any better bro

Comment

Working...
                                X