Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

If it gets 2nd rank that would be good.

Yes, this Team Melli did not seem to be united. So much is going on behind the scenes, also tensions between players themselves.
    There is no IF bro. Iran is ranked 2nd of asia for the 22nd december where new ranking will be released. Its based on points teams earn from each match. Both japan and SK are out of WC so their points will stay the same .

As I said before we are our own number 1 enemy!

Comment

The rankings don’t matter too much. In terms of every single aspect you factor in, Japan is hands down the best team in Asia. Whether we want to accept it or not.

They put a plan in place 20 years ago, so that by 2030 they’d go further in the World Cup tournament (maybe final). They’ve invested properly into their football.

Comment

Asian rankings
        1. Japan
        2. Australia
        3. Korea
        4. Saudi Arabia (assuming they keep their coach)
        5. Iran

Khak bar sare Fifa if it says otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Taz where are you? We need to your humor to pick up the mood, and your general analysis of everything

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
            Asian rankings
            1. Japan
            2. Australia
            3. Korea
            4. Saudi Arabia (assuming they keep their coach)
            5. Iran

Khak bar sare Fifa if it says otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Korea played the best football out of any of them.

Australia was in an easy group, is the least technically able, but they run and run and run and run.
            In terms of consistency and fight, and ability in the final 3rd Japan is indeed number one.

Saudi pulled off an upset, but their baseline is nowhere near that level usually. Look at how they played versus Mexico and Poland - very poor.

These are my standings.

1. Japan
            2. Korea
            3. OZ/Saudi/Iran

Looking at the stats, Asian teams performed well above what they should have and were much more efficient than expected (except for Iran).

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
              Taz where are you? We need to your humor to pick up the mood, and your general analysis of everything
              I'm afraid the new forum skin/UI is really off-putting to me so I won't be a regular user (unless there's an option to change it back that I'm missing).

On the WC, really disappointing showing and I fear for the next decade at least given the state of our national pool and league currently. It's dark times for sure so not a bad time for me to have decided to take a step back and not be so emotionally involved in TM.

I'll still see you all in some dodgy Guadalajara establishment in 2026 inshallah. Godspeed, look after each other and protect Kateb at all costs.

Comment

lolol

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  lolol

wtf is the point of this?! The sample range is pathetic - 95-318 lol . All of my English/British friends were positive about Iran and talked about how brave the team was.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    lolol

the haters can kiss our beautiful Iranian butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post

I'm afraid the new forum skin/UI is really off-putting to me so I won't be a regular user (unless there's an option to change it back that I'm missing).

On the WC, really disappointing showing and I fear for the next decade at least given the state of our national pool and league currently. It's dark times for sure so not a bad time for me to have decided to take a step back and not be so emotionally involved in TM.

I'll still see you all in some dodgy Guadalajara establishment in 2026 inshallah. Godspeed, look after each other and protect Kateb at all costs.
                      Go to hear from you. Asian Cup is right around the corner. We need you here.

How do you think Skocic would have fared compared to CQ?

Comment

The England performance was exactly what I imagined from a Skocic side. Wales was respectable and USA was poor but at least no embarrasement. All in all I don't think Sgoh would have performed massively worse (obviously no better either).

We just didn't have anywhere near the team cohesion as 2018 (no great surprise given the preparation) and reverted back to relying solely on our 2 quality players which would still have done the job if 1 of them wasn't injured.

2018 was far more heartbreaking, we fully got what we deserved this year.

Comment

It was very clear from day1 to me and a few others that CQ supporters
                          would turn CQ apologists and blame everything and everyone but CQ
                          for the failure of TM. To be fair some of them did see the truth of CQ and his
                          outdated and discontinued game plans in modern football. If he stays for Asian
                          Cup -God forbid - we will not even make it to the semis. We need a modern UpToDate
                          Coach now to have time to reset the players minds on how to play modern balanced football.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Still have Cheshmis goal on replaymode in my mind. Going to have that all the way to our glorious AC final victory vs saudi or australia.
                            coach CQ, goalscorers: Ghaedi, Taremi, Allahyar

key: keep CQ all the way to retirement after next wc.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Please, if Pulisic stumbles in front of goal or Ghoddos gets it on target, we'd celebrate Queiroz with a statue. Yes, more was possible but less as well. We earned our third world cup win, unfortunately that us already a success for us. Much more nit possible without luck or a massive change in our youth system, which would also start paying off im 2 decades earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                                Please, if Pulisic stumbles in front of goal or Ghoddos gets it on target, we'd celebrate Queiroz with a statue. Yes, more was possible but less as well. We earned our third world cup win, unfortunately that us already a success for us. Much more nit possible without luck or a massive change in our youth system, which would also start paying off im 2 decades earliest.
                                Yep. That's CQ for you. Always could have should have, would have...but never actually have! This guy's tactics and lineups were some of the poorest ever. And it started before the WC leaving a roster spot empty!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X