No announcement yet.

TM NEWS - VOL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me why a coach would take 1 less player, 4 goalkeeper and does not play one of the most versatile defensive and offensive skilled player like Vahid Amiri 1 single minute? If you look at it more closely, both of our games had 10 minutes extra time. It was like playing one regular game + another game that went to overtime with two very physically fit teams (ENgland and Wales) and than start with the same exact lineup you played against Wales in the hope that you will win. Does CQ think people are stupid when he says he started with the same lineup he had with Wales? The starting lineup with Wales didnot create a decent attack in first half. It was all the line up changes (60th minutes onward) and , Wales going to 10 men that helped us get the 2 -0.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
      That game should be a semifinal! Giroud is scoring too(3 goals)...not just Mbappe (5 goals)...Griezmann and Dembele also contributing in supporting roles.

England defence is their weakest part. Will be an intriguing match. I see France pulling just ahead.
      Indeed bro that game looks like a final to me. Yes Dembele and griezman and are contributing too but again the whole team is on Mbappe's shoulder. So thats why i beleive its a one man team. They say england's defence is poor but so far they've only conceded 1 goal in open play and the other goal was a penalty.

I guess we have to wait and see but players like giroud don't create chances. Mbappe has a big role in france and litterally dictates their plan to other teams. For example in france vs poland Mbappe scored 2 fantastic goals and assisted the other goal. Against denmark he scored the 2 goals.

So if england takes him out then france is done, but thats a BIG IF.

Comment

Originally posted by topotour View Post
        Please tell me why a coach would take 1 less player, 4 goalkeeper and does not play one of the most versatile defensive and offensive skilled player like Vahid Amiri 1 single minute? If you look at it more closely, both of our games had 10 minutes extra time. It was like playing one regular game + another game that went to overtime with two very physically fit teams (ENgland and Wales) and than start with the same exact lineup you played against Wales in the hope that you will win. Does CQ think people are stupid when he says he started with the same lineup he had with Wales? The starting lineup with Wales didnot create a decent attack in first half. It was all the line up changes (60th minutes onward) and , Wales going to 10 men that helped us get the 2 -0.
        Absolutely correct. To add to this, we had shed this dead weight defenders who are error prone, Shoja came in, Moharrami came in added speed and agility to our defense. Kanani also played well beside Shoja. Noorafkan was far superior to Milad Mohammadi who is probably the most useless player in Iran football history. Yes, he took 4 goalies, no other forwards knowing that Azmoun is not fit. As you and Skocic said the same thing that Vahid Amiri is quite a valuable player and can play many different positions. Basically most of the people who played in the world cup were not involved in getting us qualified to it.

His other mistakes which imo show that he is just a charlatan and is not a good coach at all, were his inability to adapt and change tactic or line up due to the way the game is going and of course how he prefers to shut the league down for his stupid camps. This world cup it was well documented that players who are playing in leagues are more sharp and competition ready than those not playing. This of course makes perfect sense. Nothing is like league games to keep players in game mode. His inability to read games and change lineups and formation also hurt us (again), After 10 minutes it became obvious that our team is too slow and in need of speed badly. It seemed every time Americans ran at our defense it took 4-5 defenders to finally make the stop. We saw this on the goal with Ramin and Hosseini getting beaten to the ball that ended up the winning goal. Moharammi did well against England, does well for his team in Champions league yet Ramin is the one who plays?! With speed and experience being needed Ghoddus comes in instead of Amiri?! a ghoddus that CQ never ever played?

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post

Absolutely correct. To add to this, we had shed this dead weight defenders who are error prone, Shoja came in, Moharrami came in added speed and agility to our defense. Kanani also played well beside Shoja. Noorafkan was far superior to Milad Mohammadi who is probably the most useless player in Iran football history. Yes, he took 4 goalies, no other forwards knowing that Azmoun is not fit. As you and Skocic said the same thing that Vahid Amiri is quite a valuable player and can play many different positions. Basically most of the people who played in the world cup were not involved in getting us qualified to it.

His other mistakes which imo show that he is just a charlatan and is not a good coach at all, were his inability to adapt and change tactic or line up due to the way the game is going and of course how he prefers to shut the league down for his stupid camps. This world cup it was well documented that players who are playing in leagues are more sharp and competition ready than those not playing. This of course makes perfect sense. Nothing is like league games to keep players in game mode. His inability to read games and change lineups and formation also hurt us (again), After 10 minutes it became obvious that our team is too slow and in need of speed badly. It seemed every time Americans ran at our defense it took 4-5 defenders to finally make the stop. We saw this on the goal with Ramin and Hosseini getting beaten to the ball that ended up the winning goal. Moharammi did well against England, does well for his team in Champions league yet Ramin is the one who plays?! With speed and experience being needed Ghoddus comes in instead of Amiri?! a ghoddus that CQ never ever played?
          You ask why a coach who favored Amiri and played him as a fixed starter in the last world cup did not bring this 34 year old player who has not played a competitive game for 3 months against a super fast side but instead brought an in-shape playmaker who plays in the EPL.

CQ has made mistakes. He may be a second tier national coach. But he is not a charlatan.

This character assassination is really poor form. People fail. People make mistakes. People may not be good enough to get us over the line. But that doesn't make them some sinister character.

We are out of this world cup...for many good reasons, only one of which may be the coach. Let's move on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I really feel bad for Skocic now. I felt bad before but I thought getting rid of him would be beneficial for TM in the end. Instead of coaching at a WC that he qualified for, a dream for any football coach in the world, he forever has a black mark on his name and resume. Who wants a coach who supposedly couldn’t win the respect of his players? I hope he finds a good job soon. And all of that was for what? For CQ to come and take us back in time? You are a football coach or Doc Brown?

Comment

Speed and physical should be key to reshape our football. Tika taka or lethargic game a la riquelme as a model should be sent in the trash bin. It shouldn't be our style except if we suddenly find 11 excellent technical players.

With speed, explosive & physical football, we will run over Asian football. Japan is speedy but lack dribble and physical. Same with Korea. Australia has the physical but nothing else. Ksa has speed & physical but lack our raw talent

If our football already have decent dribblers, we lack almost everything else. Speed & physical should be priority and as a close second our passing/collective play.

Like France did, we shouldn't select small or skinny players, except they are really worth it.

Comment

Iran needs a rehaul of its football establishment, clubs, leagues, coaches, facilities, pitches, long term planning, everything!
                ..... but I hate to waste my time writing on the subject because I know for as long as this akhound regime is in power nothing positive will ever happen to our football, period!

And. Asian Cup 2023 will result in the same disappointment as before. Same old same old for as long as this regime is there!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  Iran needs a rehaul of its football establishment, clubs, leagues, coaches, facilities, pitches, long term planning, everything!
                  ..... but I hate to waste my time writing on the subject because I know for as long as this akhound regime is in power nothing positive will ever happen to our football, period!

And. Asian Cup 2023 will result in the same disappointment as before. Same old same old for as long as this regime is there!
                  Our ceiling for Asian Cup is Semi-Finals, depending on the draw (if we don't meet the likes of Japan before then).
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Team Melli was AFC's highest ranked team, but performance at the World Cup is proof that FIFA rankings do not really reflect the quality of the team. After the World Cup, when rankings get released Team Melli will most likely be 4th highest in AFC.

Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Korea all are capable of defeating Team Melli. Also likes of Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain, Oman, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Syria are capable of causing upset either defeat Team Melli or run away with a point.

Team Melli also has lost its fan base. There is no national pride, if Iran does not withdraw from AFC Asian Cup, whatever happend at the World Cup will repeat itself. Iranians will come to the stadium, insult Team Melli players and staff, insults on Social Media or showing support for opponent national teams, wave flags of opponents, then in Iran's streets celebrate Team Melli's defeat or exit from the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
                      Team Melli was AFC's highest ranked team, but performance at the World Cup is proof that FIFA rankings do not really reflect the quality of the team. After the World Cup, when rankings get released Team Melli will most likely be 4th highest in AFC.
                      Iran will stay at 2nd of asia after world cup.
                      1.) Japan
                      2.) Iran
                      3.) South Korea
                      4.) Australia
                      5.) Saudi Arabia

Thanks to skocic iran collected lots of Positive points from Asian WQ.

Apart from CQ, I blame mehdi taremi , jahanbakhsh, ansarifard and haj sooti for stabbing skocic in the back. It all started with mehdi taremi. Taremi is a toxic to team melli, great player but toxic mentality.

Its sad that these old ass players like ansarifard and hajsooti where invited and given playing time but deserving players like Zahedi or mehdifar where not invited! 4 goal keepers and only 25 players!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        Iran will stay at 2nd of asia after world cup.
                        1.) Japan
                        2.) Iran
                        3.) South Korea
                        4.) Australia
                        5.) Saudi Arabia

Thanks to skocic iran collected lots of Positive points from Asian WQ.

Apart from CQ, I blame mehdi taremi , jahanbakhsh, ansarifard and haj sooti for stabbing skocic in the back. It all started with mehdi taremi. Taremi is a toxic to team melli, great player but toxic mentality.

Its sad that these old ass players like ansarifard and hajsooti where invited and given playing time but deserving players like Zahedi or mehdifar where not invited! 4 goal keepers and only 25 players!
                        If it gets 2nd rank that would be good.

Yes, this Team Melli did not seem to be united. So much is going on behind the scenes, also tensions between players themselves.

Comment

Not sure why people are going ballistic over the results. Only 4 months prior in July/Aug, the overwhelming majority of the board thought we'd get 0-1 points in the World Cup. An ongoing revolutionary movement, serious emotional duress for the players and 3 points later, people are upset with the results.

https://www.persianfootball.com/foru...this-world-cup

If we are changing our barometer for success every other month but not planning sustainably to actually achieve that success, of course it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                            You ask why a coach who favored Amiri and played him as a fixed starter in the last world cup did not bring this 34 year old player who has not played a competitive game for 3 months against a super fast side but instead brought an in-shape playmaker who plays in the EPL.

CQ has made mistakes. He may be a second tier national coach. But he is not a charlatan.

This character assassination is really poor form. People fail. People make mistakes. People may not be good enough to get us over the line. But that doesn't make them some sinister character.

We are out of this world cup...for many good reasons, only one of which may be the coach. Let's move on.

But one thing we do know for sure according to CQ is we never lose with him we just continue to learn. Lol the guy is a snake oil salesman to say the least. His words and actions are so disconnected and his stubbornness shows he is not a world class coach despite proclaiming himself one of the world's best coaches.

#CQout

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

If that is the case then....

Fool me once...
                              Fool me twice...
                              Fool me thrice?

Comment

Please tell me why a coach would take 1 less player
                                Because we're not playing 7 matches, we're playing 3 maybe 4. If France is okay with 26 players, we're okay with 25.

Both of our games had 10 minutes extra time. It was like playing one regular game + another game that went to overtime with two very physically fit teams (ENgland and Wales) and than start with the same exact lineup you played against Wales in the hope that you will win.
                                They had extra time because of injuries and VAR. Standing around because Beiranvand got hit in the head is not like playing an extra game

​Does CQ think people are stupid when he says he started with the same lineup he had with Wales? The starting lineup with Wales didnot create a decent attack in first half.
                                It also did not concede a goal. We didn't need to beat the US

Comment

Working...
                                X