No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Oman - Iran @ Sultan Qaboos, Muscat; 08-10-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Oman - Iran @ Sultan Qaboos, Muscat; 08-10-2015

Let's keep match thread short and simple for a change.

Match information
    Game: Oman - Iran
    Date: Thursday 8th October 2015
    Local Time: 18:30 GST
    Venue: Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex, Muscat, Oman
    Tournament: FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying
    Stage: 2nd round match day 4

Officials
    Referee: Valentin Kovalenko (UZB)

Time Zones
    07:30 Los Angeles & Vancouver
    10:30 Toronto & New York
    15:30 Lissabon & London
    16:30 Amsterdam, Stockholm & Berlin
    18:00 Tehran
    00:30 Sydney (next day)

Broadcasting
    IRIB 3
    Varzesh

Streams
    Footballitarin
    IranProud

Oman defeated Syria 2-1 in a friendly played today:

http://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/games/2043764.html

Comment

سلطان قابوس خره.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        سلطان قابوس خره.
        Prepare for Ali Al Habsi to have the game of his life on Thursday. Arab GK's always turn into Oliver Kahn when they play against us, especially at home. I'm predicting another nerve-wracking and frustrating match.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          Prepare for Ali Al Habsi to have the game of his life on Thursday. Arab GK's always turn into Oliver Kahn when they play against us, especially at home. I'm predicting another nerve-wracking and frustrating match.
          They will become wakamatsu from tsubasa

Comment

Hopefully we will win this one and comfortably pass through to the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              I seriously don't want to have a nerve-wracking match. You don't know how fast my heart beats during close TM matches. Last night I could've died but somehow I managed to keep myself alive. (ಠ_ಠ)
              And just saying, Oman beat us back in 2013 3-1 in a friendly.

Comment

I'll never forget the Asian Cup
                game against Oman in 2004, it was
                the third match in the group stage, where they where up 2-0 and had almost eliminated us from reaching the quarter final untill Nosrati had saved us in the final stage of the game, TM was outplayed for the
                most part of that match.

Comment

Originally posted by Talaa View Post
                  I seriously don't want to have a nerve-wracking match. You don't know how fast my heart beats during close TM matches. Last night I could've died but somehow I managed to keep myself alive. (ಠ_ಠ)
                  And just saying, Oman beat us back in 2013 3-1 in a friendly.
                  CQ used an experimental lineup for that match and virtually none of the players that went on to play the last 3 WCQ were in that game. While Oman had most of their regular players.

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                  I'll never forget the Asian Cup
                  game against Oman in 2004, it was
                  the third match in the group stage, where they where up 2-0 and had almost eliminated us from reaching the quarter final
                  untill Nosrati had saved us in the final stage of the game, TM was outplayed for the
                  most part of that match.
                  Correction. It was the 2nd match in the group stage, so we would not have been eliminated if we had lost that game.

Comment

I don't mean to sound over confident, but we are playing Oman not Japan or Australia. If there is no hiccups, we should be able to come home with all 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                      I don't mean to sound over confident, but we are playing Oman not Japan or Australia. If there is no hiccups, we should be able to come home with all 3 points.
                      Oman are different at home. See their home record in the 2014 WCQ.

Comment

normally they are a tricky team to get by for us..! but i saw their tokhmy 0-0 Tie game vs guam the other day and they looked completely toothless..!!
                        we should be able to beat them with at least 2 goal margin IF CQ CAN MOTIVATE OUR BOYS SHOW UP TO PLAY AND EACH PUT IN A SHIFT, as in our last two WCQs....!

if we bag this this game, as im thinking we will, then CQ can continue and probably even expand with his experimentation with the new much younger TM squad for WC18.
                        If we slip and loose this golden opportunity to wrap up the 1st round of WCQualifying early, then its back to nail-biting anticipation and counting points and my personally-hated "IF this Then that" Bs Analysis..!!

3 points and early Wrap up here is vital to our preparations and readiness for the tough 2nd round of WCqualifying..!

Comment

CQ used an experimental lineup for that match and virtually none of the players that went on to play the last 3 WCQ were in that game. While Oman had most of their regular players.

Correction. It was the 2nd match in the group stage, so we would not have been eliminated if we had lost that game.
                          Correct, but our third match was against Japan, which we tied 0-0, if we hadn't tied the game vs Oman thanks to Nosrati, we would have been out of the group for sure, no way we would've been able to beat Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                            Correct, but our third match was against Japan, which we tied 0-0, if we hadn't tied the game vs Oman thanks to Nosrati, we would have been out of the group for sure, no way we would've been able to beat Japan!
                            No. We were capable of beating Japan if we needed to. We had the best team in tournament that year and would have won it, had it not been for another HIGHWAY ROBBERY by the Lebanese Ref in the Semi-final.

Don't judge that team just on the basis of that one HICCUP game against Oman.

Comment

We should have no issue beating Oman by a healthy margin.
                              Sardar and Taremi combo is lethal.

Comment

Working...
                              X