This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    He will have to be our star striker now that Azmoun will most likely not make the WC
    No disrespect to Sardar, but Mehdi already was our star striker.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      No disrespect to Sardar, but Mehdi already was our start striker.
      Mehdi was usually as LW when they would play together with Azmoun in the middle. But I think now Mehdi will move in the middle and be the target man. Hopefully he can redeem his misfire against Portugal last WC
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        Mehdi was usually as LW when they would play together with Azmoun in the middle. But I think now Mehdi will move in the middle and be the target man. Hopefully he can redeem his misfire against Portugal last WC
        He will be alone upfront and play an one island away from rest of the players, unlikley to get any support and not able to do anything. Sardar and Mehdi was the 2 headaed monster that you could not defend against, iran will be easy to defend against with only mehdi playing upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          He will be alone upfront and play an one island away from rest of the players, unlikley to get any support and not able to do anything. Sardar and Mehdi was the 2 headaed monster that you could not defend against, iran will be easy to defend against with only mehdi playing upfront.
          I know that azmoun cant be replaced in our team, but i Think that Taremi and zahedi duo can be dangerous too, both are very very physical, and zahedi have a good nose for goal

Comment

looked it up and apparently mehdi only makes 150k a year???!?

Comment

Taremi will not play in Azmoun's spot. He already plays in his best position. It'll be Karim and Azmoun or whoever else CQ finds will sub in for a few minutes. JB and Ghodos can also play that spot.

Comment

Picked up by BBC sport now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/63163744

Not a fan of this personally but the financial incentive is obviously going to be greater for him.

Arsenal seem to be on the up after over a decade of mediocrity but it's early days yet and I'd rather see him stay a main man, winning titles at Porto than play second fiddle to Gabriel Jesus.

Comment

I don’t see him going. Arteta has been looking at younger players and also pushing through some of their developmental team. He has a front three of Martinelli, Jesus and Saka - if Taremi was to go there it would very much be as back up to Martinelli/Jesus.
                  Liverpool were linked with Martinelli and Saka at some point and the Pepe sale did leave them slightly light for back up options.

Comment

Not only Martinelli, Jesus, and all the other wingers they wave, but Nketiah too, who has been good in his cameos. I wouldn't want Mehdi to go there just to play in the Carabao Cup. He needs to play, now.

If Mehdi wants to play in EPL, he needs to go to a "lower" team where he can get his opportunity:

Brighton - I know, right? But they are a good team, they lost Maupay, Welbeck is old and hasn't scored this year.

Crystal Palace
                    - Not a fan of this team, but he can overtake Edouard/Ayew. I think he'll forge a good relationship with Saha.

Everton - They need help all over, and they can use him upfront along with Gordon.

Southampton - Another team that is a mess and needs help, they can surely use Mehdi's creativity.

Wolves - The Portuguese connections are there, and they desperately need a forward. They just signed Diego Costa, FFS.

Leeds - They've been playing better under Jesse Marsch, and they can use a good forward (not fully convinced on Rodrigo).

Comment

Evanilson, Pepê, Zaidu and João Mário all re-signed with Porto.

Porto in contract extension talk with Mehdi, but as mentioned, many other clubs are interested and/or monitoring his situation.

Comment

Playing FIFA career mode and Bayern Munich have just brought Taremi, hopefully that’s a sign 😅

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                          looked it up and apparently mehdi only makes 150k a year???!?
                          If that’s true nobody better be mad if he goes to a prem team. He’s easily make 10x that at the minimum
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Tomorrow another boring game against another small team with players no one heard of before…. az lige portugal seer nashodin? Some people really want him to stay there instead of epl?????

Comment

Pepe suffers knee injury and could miss World Cup 2022. Out 4-6 weeks, similar to Sardar timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                Tomorrow another boring game against another small team with players no one heard of before…. az lige portugal seer nashodin? Some people really want him to stay there instead of epl?????
                                Na Mehdi jan, fekr mikonam kheilihaa doost darand bere yek lige hatta behtar az Porteghal.

AMMA na ke bere Bournemouth ya Crystal Palace va mesle yek morghe sar boride har hafte donbale toophaaye bihoode dor o bare zamin becharkhe.

Bayad yek teame dorost o hesaabi bere ke dar sathe Porto baashe.

Agar na chaaye ingilisi nemichasbe.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X