This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
    getting very sick of people going after our players for their alleged support for the regime. in the end he's iranian, he loves his country, he cares about the people - this is clear to anyone who's watched him play and heard him speak.

the "lynch mob" mentality, intolerance and venom is being pointed the wrong way. mehdi is a sportsman. political views and affiliations aren't black and white. just because he posted x y or z that doesn't align with your political views doesn't mean he's supportive of the IR or its violence.

it's especially annoying seeing iranians who've been living abroad for 10, 20, 30 years take shots at our players. these are young men. they LIVE in the country (vs watching VOA all day). It's easy to sit in comfort and judge the actions of those who actually live in the country for perceived past mishaps or positions they've taken.

to me it seems that mehdi has strong religious beliefs. he's not a nuanced political analyst or talkshow host. maybe his posts relate to him expressing his faith, a specific message, etc. who knows.

lebron james speaks on politics all the time. he's been media trained by the best PR agencies, agents, publicists, etc. since he was 19 and he still sounds ignorant and gets it wrong half the time.

Mehdi's a kid from bushehr who fell into fame (and fame's burdens and responsibilities) like 3 years ago. He's allowed to fumble his way into finding his voice. he's allowed to fall short of whatever societal leadership role people think he's responsible for without getting brandished as a regime sympathizer. What do you expect him to do? the black wristband and refusal to celebrate to goals speak volumes. do you really expect him or any other player to go full ali karimi and miss a world cup they've been dreaming about their entire lives? easy for you to say. I also don't remember AK8 or Mahdavikia doing much beyong wearing green wristbands at the peak of the green movement in 2009.

i know emotions are hot right now but we need to stand up for our players, not demonize them.
    It's especially annoying that you use the word "alleged" when presented with clear and undeniable facts. Taremi was a supporter of Khamenei.. in his own words "To the Leader, I am one of your supporters...", Twitter، 2018. If you can't even base your arguments from that start point, everything else that follows is drivel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      and I do not challenge that statement that he has always been an idiot. Even besides politics, multiple fiascos showed his dalghak streak, I hadn't seen more than his zionist tweets so thanks for showing. Not knowing his tweet history /= knowing nothing about stuff besides football (thx for compliment though)

Its not absurd to think he has changed his ways somewhat after lifechanging events in past few years that happened for him. People are indeed allowed to change without being flogged. I would wager that if tomorrow Torabi embarked on european journey taremi has been through his ideas would change for the better as well...despite how deep and seemingly far gone his level of brainwashing is.

BUT my point is I don't expect better from the guy, nor do I constantly find the need to bring it up when we are all sitting weekly watching his success and a stadium in major city in europe showing their support for our country bc of him... That is all. There is no doubt his IQ is not what is needed for any critical thought.

Hala if in middle of protests he did what torabi did, by all means take a shit on him. But so far he said and did the right things this time no? What do you think he could have said or done differently? He has posted on social media, started wristband thing, and then got MOTM and said he didn't celebrate and the reasons behind that publicly in interview. What other things would you like to see him do? Not attacking, genuinely curious what the preferred course of action for these guys is.

Azmoun who was most vocal didn't even wear wristband at the weekend vs bayern keep in mind.
      Totally agree with all your points! I don't want a divorce anymore,[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16].

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to see Taremi dropped from the squad. Too many past mistakes. In fact, I would like everyone of you to write to your local authorities and publically admit any past transgressions. I think we all need to rat on each other and turn ourselves in for any past transgressions. If they are not of a criminal nature then we must make amends.

Said a swear behind someone's back...go apologize. Supported a candidate in an election who turned out not too hot...put a sign on your lawn explaining your bone headed vote. Drove above the speed limit...call your insurance company and admit your bad habit. Got into a fight one night? Go to the police and ask tk be charged criminally!

Get the point? No one is perfect. Live and let live. We Iranians need to learn to be more forgiving and tolerant about people's personal choices and stop imposing our beliefs and views on others. Isn't that what these protesters are demanding?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          getting very sick of people going after our players for their alleged support for the regime. in the end he's iranian, he loves his country, he cares about the people - this is clear to anyone who's watched him play and heard him speak.

the "lynch mob" mentality, intolerance and venom is being pointed the wrong way. mehdi is a sportsman. political views and affiliations aren't black and white. just because he posted x y or z that doesn't align with your political views doesn't mean he's supportive of the IR or its violence.

it's especially annoying seeing iranians who've been living abroad for 10, 20, 30 years take shots at our players. these are young men. they LIVE in the country (vs watching VOA all day). It's easy to sit in comfort and judge the actions of those who actually live in the country for perceived past mishaps or positions they've taken.

to me it seems that mehdi has strong religious beliefs. he's not a nuanced political analyst or talkshow host. maybe his posts relate to him expressing his faith, a specific message, etc. who knows.

lebron james speaks on politics all the time. he's been media trained by the best PR agencies, agents, publicists, etc. since he was 19 and he still sounds ignorant and gets it wrong half the time.

Mehdi's a kid from bushehr who fell into fame (and fame's burdens and responsibilities) like 3 years ago. He's allowed to fumble his way into finding his voice. he's allowed to fall short of whatever societal leadership role people think he's responsible for without getting brandished as a regime sympathizer. What do you expect him to do? the black wristband and refusal to celebrate to goals speak volumes. do you really expect him or any other player to go full ali karimi and miss a world cup they've been dreaming about their entire lives? easy for you to say. I also don't remember AK8 or Mahdavikia doing much beyong wearing green wristbands at the peak of the green movement in 2009.

i know emotions are hot right now but we need to stand up for our players, not demonize them.
          AaaaaY-Min brotha ramingeles2000..!! well said..!! 👍
          Besides It is easier to persuade others to do something with polite requests and a positive attitude rather than with rude demands and negativity and frankly some flat-out vile, shameful comments i've read by probably mostly scumbag goozoo MEK phonie keyboard warriors which ive noticed posted on his/porto's social media accounts etc..!!
          perhaps, it's no fking wonder the guy stopped wearing the black wristband .... and may well try to distance himself from this whole issue all together from now on and turn his focus solely on his football from here on out..!!?? 😔

Comment

I don't care if some people here are not going to like what I am about to say.
            We need to move on from the mentality that what we want is
            the right thing for everyone else. This is exactly why we are
            under such shite regime. They want to impose their values
            on everyone else. We must learn to respect and leave people alone
            with their beliefs and values. We have to respect our player's
            stance whatever it is and let them be comfortable with that. If Taremi wants to just
            show a bit of solidarity and then just move on and concentrate on his football
            we should respect that and don't hold it against him or other players

If we collectively and culturally
            learn that we are all equal in rights and everyone's values should
            be respected and not prejudiced because of their beliefs
            then we have some hope that we will eventually have true
            democracy. Culture is the reason people have
            democracy or dictatorship. You cannot have democracy if there are
            still a large proportion of people who do not respect other's values
            and rights. Just like Iran right now. Democracy happens gradually, it is part of the evolution
            of a people who are on the path to learn to respect and bear and live and let live.
            The regime is shrinking in numbers of people with such backward and undeveloped
            unevolved culture. And the main reason is that more and more
            people are learning tolerance and basics of democracy.
            This is why the regime is not going to be able to sustain its dictatorship and
            oppression of the people for much longer. And also what the regime has built so far in terms
            of infrastructure is ours to keep and we must not let foreign
            enemies destroy them as they would love to.
            Zan, Zendegi, Azadi
            Mard, Mihan, Abadi
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Man fekr mikonam Taremi az nazare ideology avaz shode, va dige khaayehmaali nemikone.

Fahmide ke dar Iran yek regime setamgar hast.

Fahmide ke harfe rahbar o jomhorie eslami kashke.

Hala nemitonam begam be andazeye kaafi daare mobaareze mikone ya na, amma

hamantoor ke gofte shod biron az Iran zendegi kardan (Na dar Qatar, amma dar Porteghaal)

zehniyaatesh raa hatman avaz karde.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Taremi to Arsenal in January?

https://goonertalk.com/2022/10/06/ar...di-taremi/amp/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19993...to-arteta/amp/

Comment

In january a lot of things will be fair game for him. Arsenal is a bit of a uncertain one for me bc Jesus is in top form and the sort of player that can quite literally play every game. A bit like Taremi he is a pressing monster.

Having said that, the club have been looking for a forward of Taremi profile for a while. Somebody who can play off the left, and up front, while having some big physicial qualities to his game. Past years zaha was sought after, recently looked at Cody Gakpo from PSV, Taremi fits this mould although he is a far better facilitator than these guys.

So it could work, but like with all big clubs, huge competition. Martinelli out wide has been excellent, Saka on the other side is indispensable. A guy like Fabio Vieira although he has been great basically whenever he has touched the field still isnt getting much mins due to presence of odegaard.

At Taremi's age he needs to be the main man or at least one of them. I still think a move to Italy suits him more. Inter milan would be a great destination if lautaro leaves/lukaku loan isnt extended. If he is to go somewhere as not a fixed starter, I prefer something truly top like Real madrid.

He can certainly play at that level and for years they have no real dependable backup for Benz.

Chelsea is also reasonable option bc only competitor would be aubameyang, and they could even play together. But not sure they go for 2 older forwards at same time and will probably look to bring in a younger prospect.

United also ticks a lot of boxes. He would be a starter and they badly need a CF with his qualities

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    In january a lot of things will be fair game for him. Arsenal is a bit of a uncertain one for me bc Jesus is in top form and the sort of player that can quite literally play every game. A bit like Taremi he is a pressing monster.

Having said that, the club have been looking for a forward of Taremi profile for a while. Somebody who can play off the left, and up front, while having some big physicial qualities to his game. Past years zaha was sought after, recently looked at Cody Gakpo from PSV, Taremi fits this mould although he is a far better facilitator than these guys.

So it could work, but like with all big clubs, huge competition. Martinelli out wide has been excellent, Saka on the other side is indispensable. A guy like Fabio Vieira although he has been great basically whenever he has touched the field still isnt getting much mins due to presence of odegaard.

At Taremi's age he needs to be the main man or at least one of them. I still think a move to Italy suits him more. Inter milan would be a great destination if lautaro leaves/lukaku loan isnt extended. If he is to go somewhere as not a fixed starter, I prefer something truly top like Real madrid.

He can certainly play at that level and for years they have no real dependable backup for Benz.

Chelsea is also reasonable option bc only competitor would be aubameyang, and they could even play together. But not sure they go for 2 older forwards at same time and will probably look to bring in a younger prospect.

United also ticks a lot of boxes. He would be a starter and they badly need a CF with his qualities
                    As an Arsenal fan, I just can't see them going for Taremi.. Arsenal is enjoying a youth revolution and wouldn't think they want a 30 year old player with no EPL experience. Most of the players they are targeting are guys in their lower 20s.

Comment

when the top teams like chalsea and arsenal scout mehdi all the other teams are and will as well, having in mind EPL have the cash that porto wants and Mehdi fancys a move to EPL it does seem likely especially if mehdi can have a good game vs england and wales.

Comment

Player of the Month | Taremi spends vintage teasing critics
                        By GoalPoint

Mehdi Taremi is not king of popularity among rival FC Porto fans. If we ask them why, the most popular reason is the frequency with which they win penalties, but the truth is that what really “annoys” opponents is the football they have on their feet (and head) and the variety/frequency with which they solve the “blues-and-whites” problems. The Iranian reinforced the reasons for this dislike in the four rounds of September of the Liga bwin 2022/23, scoring or assisting in every game. And, to make the teasing of the detractors worse… he did it without winning any penalty. Taremi was the GoalPoint Player of the Month for September, chosen by an algorithm that knows no passions or dislikes, only facts.

However, what distinguishes Mehdi from other players in his position is versatility. Taremi is not a pure spearhead (although he can do the mission competently), he is a second spearhead, with an appetite to get game and build, so it is not surprising that in September he was the third league player with the most finishing passes (map above, right), no less than 12 (two were assists), just behind Ricardo Horta, from Braga, and João Teixeira, from Chaves.

MVP in three of the four games
                        One of Taremi's most extraordinary achievements in September is that he managed to be the best on the field in three of the four matches. It was only against Estoril, in a game that Porto drew 1-1, that the Iranian was not at a great level, even so, he scored, from a penalty, the goal that rescued a point to the “blues-and-whites”.

The highlight goes entirely to the huge “performance” against Sporting de Braga, on the eighth round. Porto won 4-1 and Taremi didn't even need to score to get an 8.5. He did make an assist and showed great quality passing numbers. He also highlights what he achieved against Gil Vicente and Desportivo de Chaves, with a goal scored against each of these opponents and, once again, with an above-average quality in deliveries, almost always causing danger.

The top left map of ball actions is an example of Taremi's characteristics. The Iranian is everywhere, taking the game without fear and with discretion, and integrates himself in the opposing areas like few others, ensuring a strong presence of Porto players in finishing zones and consolidating the 4-4-2 that Porto preferentially uses this season.

Taremi was, in September, the player who accumulated more actions with the ball in the opposing area, no less than 33, five more than the second best in this detail, Benfica's Rafa Silva, and with roughly the same minutes of use. Also in the opposing areas the “dragon” shows quality in the dribble (map on the right), where he tried it on seven occasions, with success on three. Among more advanced players, only Braga's Vitinha Oliveira (24) tried the dribble more times than Taremi (14), and the Iranian was successful only once less than the "arsenalista" (5-6).

The Offensive Pillar of the “Dragons”

It is almost unavoidable to imagine Taremi fighting for the title of top scorer in the championship until the end of the season, once again. At the moment, on the eighth round, he is already one of the leaders of the table, with five accurate shots, the same as Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting), Simon Banza (Braga), Aziz Yakubu (Rio Ave) and Fran Navarro (Gil Vicente). Of this lot, only Pedro Gonçalves follows him in the number of assists.

https://goalpoint.pt/jogador-do-mes-...-taremi_152900

Comment

The guy has a great thing going in a great team, playing CL regularly and winning hardware....and loved by the fans! Should stay there and become a team legend...unless they are not paying him well.

Comment

Taremi guarantees more than a third of FC Porto's offensive production

FC Porto scored 236 goals in the 107 games that Mehdi has played with a dragon on his chest and the Iranian international participated directly in 37.7 percent. Current pace is impressive. The Iranian made an "encore" of assists against Bayer and reached 89 direct involvements in dragon goals to the chest. In the 21st century, only Falcao displays an average higher than the current number 9.

Between the goals he scores and the ones he scores, Taremi has been something of a two in one since he arrived at FC Porto, at the start of 2020/21, from Rio Ave.

The day before yesterday, against Bayer Leverkusen, he added two more assists to his portfolio, in an unprecedented "bis" in the Champions League - he had already done it three times in other competitions - and reached 33 in just over two seasons of blue and white, which gathers 56 accurate shots in a total of 107 official games. In those matches, the Dragons scored 236 goals and Mehdi's weight in the billing is visible: the forward participated directly in 89 goals, which translates into 37.7% of the team's offensive production.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado

Comment

FC Porto-Leverkusen was censored in Iran for fear of anti-government demonstrations

Tehran government expected protests in defense of women's rights, as it turned out. On one side was Taremi, for FC Porto, on the other, Azmoun, for Leverkusen: two of the internationals for Iran with a firm stance against what happened to Mahsa Amini

Iran censored the broadcast of the match between FC Porto and Bayer Leverkusen, from last Tuesday for the third round of Group B of the Champions League, as it was already anticipating demonstrations in defense of women's rights, following the protests against the who succeeded Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old who died at the hands of the religious police for not properly wearing her veil.

Thus, after restricting access to the internet, the government of Tehran prevented the transmission of FC Porto's triumph over the Germans (2-0). And, in fact, there were demonstrations in the stands against the Iranian regime.

The meeting was of great interest to the Iranian public, given the presence of two idols such as Mehdi Taremi (from FC Porto) and Sardar Azmoun (substitute at Bayer Leverkusen), two internationals for Iran who publicly spoke out against violence against women for religious reasons.

In the stands there were messages in stripes with the flag of Iran ("Women. Life. Freedom", "SOS Iran" and "#MahsaAmini"), and at minute nine, in support of Taremi's stance, who wears jersey number nine, the fans Porto supporters displayed Iranian flags.

Since what happened with Mahsa Amini, there has been an international wave of support for Iranian women and social unrest in the country has continued. According to the NGO Iran Human Rights, more than 80 people have already lost their lives in clashes with the authorities and thousands of protesters have been detained.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15229281.html

Comment

He will have to be our star striker now that Azmoun will most likely not make the WC
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X